IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Why not add one more zero....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3023780593061?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=302378059306&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

He also had a bunch of Disney VHS tapes up which are no longer available, the most ridiculous one being this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Walt-Disneys-Beauty-and-The-Beast-VHS-1992-Black-Diamond-Classic/302345945473?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Seriously folks, who in their right mind would spend 5 figures on a VHS tape? And that's not the most ridiculous one either. Here's someone attempting to get a grand shy of $50,000 for it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Walt-Disneys-Beauty-and-The-Beast-VHS-1992-Black-Diamond-Classic/302345945473?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Apparently people continue to hold out for their pipe dreams to come true, even though it's simply not going to happen: http://www.snopes.com/black-diamond-collection-disney/

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, I guess these ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GORF-COLECOVISION-EPROM-Video-Game-Cart-Home-Made-Prototype-Test-WORKS-/112445944039

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIME-PILOT-COLECOVISION-EPROM-Video-Game-Cart-Home-Made-Prototype-WORKS-/112445946348

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUCK-ROGERS-COLECOVISION-EPROM-Video-Game-Cart-Home-Made-Prototype-WORKS-/112446570878

... can become this ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-Colecovision-PROTOTYPE-Dev-Carts-Time-Pilot-Buck-Rogers-Gorf-RARE-/322609708687

... for twice the price when certainty goes from "HomeMade ? / Prototype ? / Test Cart ?" to definite "PROTOTYPE Dev Carts" with no additional supporting evidence apart from more wishful thinking, I guess.

Neither the boards nor the EPROMs match the era-particular dev copies I've seen, which is more than a few. I don't think I've ever come across a Coleco Inc. board of any kind that utilized Mitsubishi Electric chips, in fact. I'd like to be proven wrong rather than call out the seller like this, but I don't believe I am.

Someone prove me wrong. :)

I just don't understand the fascination. A prototype of something never heard of or sold, sure. A prototype of a game I have especially a common game. 0$ is the price I would pay.

The point, here, though is that these aren't even that ... unless someone is taken in by the say-so of a listing that itself makes less than a half-hearted attempt to justify the auction's title, let alone its asking price.

The point, here, though is that these aren't even that ... unless someone is taken in by the say-so of a listing that itself makes less than a half-hearted attempt to justify the auction's title, let alone its asking price.

In online selling, like online dating, there's the view that if you are specific, people will use it to exclude your item or use it against you, if you are vague, some people will fill in the missing information with wishful thinking and only have themselves to blame.

In online selling, like online dating, there's the view that if you are specific, people will use it to exclude your item or use it against you, if you are vague, some people will fill in the missing information with wishful thinking and only have themselves to blame.

There's nothing vague here about the declaration (and only that) that these are prototypes. The original seller played the fill-in-the-blank game. Not so on the second go-around. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Very rare new unopened Injoy-A-Stick controller attachments for sale on eBay (not mine) [...] Personally, I have never ever seen these specific controller attachments on eBay before.

These have been (re)listed multiple times over the recent past. I don't think there have been any takers, but I never went back to check.

These have been (re)listed multiple times over the recent past. I don't think there have been any takers, but I never went back to check.

Yeah, I don't scour the eBay pages as I did in the past so missed seeing these being (re)listed. They are still pretty rare though, but not something I personally would want.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a Ghost'n Zombie at very reasonable price here (for now)

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Ghost-n-Zombies-Colecovision-Neuf-/253109427323?hash=item3aee7f5c7b:g:3iEAAOSwg7VZnD70t

This one seems to be an original one , no a bootleg.

I remind you that Knight 'n More is the same game but lot better , if you are a Gamer don't pay high price for a Ghost'n Zombies , choose Knight 'n more instead that is still available.

For collector , this Gnz could be interresting....

Edited by youki
  • Like 1

a Ghost'n Zombie at very reasonable price here (for now)

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Ghost-n-Zombies-Colecovision-Neuf-/253109427323?hash=item3aee7f5c7b:g:3iEAAOSwg7VZnD70t

This one seems to be an original one , no a bootleg.

Wow. That went for 357 Euros. It's really a shame so few copies of that game were produced (was it 25?) that made it almost be a collectable on purpose. I don't understand why more copies couldn't have been produced in the initial run or a second run made for it.

Wow. That went for 357 Euros. It's really a shame so few copies of that game were produced (was it 25?) that made it almost be a collectable on purpose. I don't understand why more copies couldn't have been produced in the initial run or a second run made for it.

357 euros is not so high actually.. usually they went between 500 and 1000 euros.

In fact 60 copies of Gnz exists. Collectorvision had realised first 25 copies . But then to answer the demand they produced few more , and then a third time . But first buyers started to complain because the initial announcement was only 25 will be made. So Collectorvision promised to not produce more.

It is why i have done Knight"n more few years later in order to satisfy the frustrated gamer and to not hurt the original Gnz buyers.

• Like 1

But first buyers started to complain because the initial announcement was only 25 will be made. So Collectorvision promised to not produce more.

Yeah, that's a real shame that people complained. IMO, while I get that people were told that 25 would be made, forcing something into obscurity is just creating a collector's piece on purpose. I would have made more to satisfy people who actually wanted to *play* the game, not satisfy people who just wanted to sell it for 357 Euros a few years later. I can see why there were bootleg versions of the game produced.

Thankfully, that mentality seems to be a bit different now.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a real shame that people complained. IMO, while I get that people were told that 25 would be made, forcing something into obscurity is just creating a collector's piece on purpose. I would have made more to satisfy people who actually wanted to *play* the game, not satisfy people who just wanted to sell it for 357 Euros a few years later. I can see why there were bootleg versions of the game produced.

Thankfully, that mentality seems to be a bit different now.

I purchased GnZ because I wanted the game. Sure, some of it was because only 30 - 50 - 60 carts were made (10%) - but I wanted the game, mostly (90%). If I paid $50 bucks for it - sure I was hoping that some day I'd get $60-75 - but 357 Euros - that's insane.

I also wanted Maze Maniac but only 20 or so of those were made. Missed out on that by a few days. Will I play $$$ bucks for it - no. Would I like a cart of the game - yes.

Bottom line is - develop a game - estimate a need (100 carts?) then 30 sell so what do I do with 70 carts! or 300 want it - crap!

If you promised a 100 cart run then 'stick to your guns' (as Youki did) - I;m OK with it.

If you said a 100 cart run and more runs if interest is shown - fine.

I think his 'solution' was fine - re-engineer the game as sell it to all that wanted it.

Jeff