IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

It seems like that has been on eBay since there was an eBay.

Ultra Rare ZAXXON (ColecoVision, 1982) CIB Complete in arcade box nes atari Buy It Now price:
$639.00
Your offer price: $50.00 Your terms: -- Offer expires: Jul-14-16 05:20:13 PDT

Your offer: $50.00 (declined) Buy It Now price: $639.00

Seller: school_girl_in_a_short_dress

Ultra Rare ZAXXON (ColecoVision, 1982) CIB Complete in arcade box nes atari Buy It Now price:
$599.00
Your offer price: $75.00 Your terms: -- Offer expires: Jul-20-16 06:17:20 PDT

Your offer: $75.00 (declined) Buy It Now price: $599.00

Seller: school_girl_in_a_short_dress

*I ended up getting one in much nicer shape than that less than a year later for $99.

• Like 1

Can someone say if this is a scam or worth it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colecovision-System-SUPER-ACTION-CONTROLLERS-NEW-FRESH-CASE-MINT-SEALED/233081087981?hash=item3644b727ed:g:U~4AAOSwpuFaE4Ji:rk:5:pf:0

This guy seems to "ACQUIRE" some never before used and mint Coleco Items which leave me to conclude that these are just some dude printing boxes and filling them with junk.

Who in their right mind would buy a mint condition so and so just to open it up and check.

Edited by Mike Harris

^that dude is legit.. He's been trying to sell NIB vintage video game stuff on ebay for a few years now but he wants entirely too much for everything. I have an email from him, with a bunch of photos he sent me, of all kinds of NIB stuff that he found in a warehouse or something like that.. I forget the details.

I really wanted a NIB Expansion Module #2 from him a couple years ago but I just couldn't do it.. He wouldn't take a reasonable offer, so the hell with him. Lol. I'll settle for a nice CIB one, one of these days.

• Like 1

Yeah, I see no reason to think they are not legit. You certainly couldn't fake them for that price.

They do seem a bit high to me but again it's hard to find a cib with a mint box.

I haven't kept up on coleco numbers since I completed my coleco collection but I know when I was watching stuff more paying like $175 for a nice cib one was certainly normal. There are lots of boxed ones but they always are trashed. From the size of the package and the fact it was glued shut and very hard to get in and out of the box which is pretty thin cardboard for the size.

I guess when you have the only new ones you charge what you wish if your in no hurry to sell. They are beautiful regardless :)

• Like 1

The dude on ebay, (Jeff is his name BTW, super nice guy - I found his email). He literally had pallets of Coleco stuff, plus Intellivision, Atari 2600, TI99/4a and much, much more - NIB games, consoles, accessories, etc. A retro gaming goldmine! The sealed, NIB Coleco stuff was found in the basement of an old electronics store that was going out of business and the rest was the result of 15 years of collecting (at the time - email is from 2014). I saw Coleco shipping boxes full of SACs, EM#2, Roller Controllers, etc, which he's been slowly selling on ebay over the last few years. His Nib CV consoles were regularly selling for a grand or so but I don't know what his stock is like nowadays.. Apparently he still has some stuff though, obviously. It would be cool to have a Coleco shipping box in the collection, but it would be tough to store and keep preserved, unless you broke it down and folded it up. Stupus is right though, he could pretty much ask whatever he wants since he's pretty much got the Nib market on lockdown.

Anyways, he's trustworthy, so have at it. :)

Here's just a couple pics, out of the many he sent me, back in 2014. Check out those nib mini Coleco arcades! :lust:

post-37932-0-44891200-1547647495_thumb.jpgpost-37932-0-88944100-1547647501.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Super nice guy.. He's a doctor in New York and bought up a toy store going under in the late 80's. He built a new house recently, and the entire basement is a carefully planned retro gaming room. He has a HUGE collection of pinball machines, and retro games adorn his home and office. I've bought his Coleco stuff for years, and it's all good. Best to contact him direct. He sells as much his accountant will let him each year regardless of those eBay prices. His Coleco stock is dwindling...

The dude on ebay, (Jeff is his name BTW, super nice guy - I found his email). He literally had pallets of Coleco stuff, plus Intellivision, Atari 2600, TI99/4a and much, much more - NIB games, consoles, accessories, etc. A retro gaming goldmine! The sealed, NIB Coleco stuff was found in the basement of an old electronics store that was going out of business and the rest was the result of 15 years of collecting (at the time - email is from 2014). I saw Coleco shipping boxes full of SACs, EM#2, Roller Controllers, etc, which he's been slowly selling on ebay over the last few years. His Nib CV consoles were regularly selling for a grand or so but I don't know what his stock is like nowadays.. Apparently he still has some stuff though, obviously. It would be cool to have a Coleco shipping box in the collection, but it would be tough to store and keep preserved, unless you broke it down and folded it up. Stupus is right though, he could pretty much ask whatever he wants since he's pretty much got the Nib market on lockdown.

Anyways, he's trustworthy, so have at it. :)

Here's just a couple pics, out of the many he sent me, back in 2014. Check out those nib mini Coleco arcades! :lust:
attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 4.JPG

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-COLECO-Repro-Book-COLECO-VISION-ARCADE-GAMES-Pac-Man-Donkey-Kong/223359148623?hash=item34013e224f:g:XEwAAOSwCgtcVH8L:sc:USPSFirstClass!01543!US!-1

I'm confused about this, I've seen it up on EBay a couple of times.

It's called a Repro Book, but then in the description it says that it is not a recent reproduction.

What is it? A reproduction catalog that Coleco put out back in the 80's?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-COLECO-Repro-Book-COLECO-VISION-ARCADE-GAMES-Pac-Man-Donkey-Kong/223359148623?hash=item34013e224f:g:XEwAAOSwCgtcVH8L:sc:USPSFirstClass!01543!US!-1

I'm confused about this, I've seen it up on EBay a couple of times.

It's called a Repro Book, but then in the description it says that it is not a recent reproduction.

Never seen this before. Looks like it may be genuine but I'm surprised there isn't any copyright shown on it which I'm sure Coleco would have done.

I wonder if by "Repro Book" it means that it is a book that can be easily photocopied (hence the high quality black and white images) for further distribution.

Edited by Ikrananka

No, think clipart for advertisements and retail ad copy back in the '80s from manufacturers to publishers/retailers. That was the original purpose of these materials.

I wonder if by "Repro Book" it means that it is a book that can be easily photocopied (hence the high quality black and white images) for further distribution.

Pretty much. Unless the end product was a cheap publication, the artwork provided would be reproduced by more sophisticated photomechanical methods of the era.

• Like 1

Pretty much. Unless the end product was a cheap publication, the artwork provided would be reproduced by more sophisticated photomechanical methods of the era.

Ah yes, I'm familiar with those ads from magazines such as TV Gamer in the UK. Very cool to now know where they got there images from.

Would be great for someone to scan and pdf the Repro Book for preservation purposes.

post-5757-0-10212700-1549387075.png

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After some haggling I did end up buying this from the seller. I'll share the scans shortly after it arrives.

And now I see the same seller has listed another one with the exact same pictures and description. I'm sure it's possible that they actually do have more than one, but I sure hope the one you got is an original.