IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

And now I see the same seller has listed another one with the exact same pictures and description. I'm sure it's possible that they actually do have more than one, but I sure hope the one you got is an original.

I just got it in the mail the other day. I'm fairly certain that it is original. It looks and smells old, to be quite honest. It has that odor that an old magazine gets when left in a basement or attic.

The paper stock is quite thick, and is shiny, not porous like copy or printer paper. It looks original to me, this is actually the third one that I have seen this seller selling.

I'll make some scans soon and post them. Most of the ads are ones we have all seen before. An interesting one is an advertisement for "Wild Western." There are also numerous different fonts for the word "Colecovision" that stores could have used in their advertisements. I'll try to post them soon....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

And now I see the same seller has listed another one with the exact same pictures and description. I'm sure it's possible that they actually do have more than one, but I sure hope the one you got is an original.

I just took another good look at the one for sale now...it is a different book then the one that I own. This one has the portable arcades in it and mine does not.

I'm not going to have to buy another one now am I? :mad:

Hello Coleco-Gurus!

I would love to buy a Coleco-Adam-Computer, but I only know ebay as a source, to find one of those holy grails.
Is there a good vintage-retro-computer-shop that would be recommendable...or is there a a collector here in this community, who would sell one of his second-adam?

greetings from austria

Helmut

I would love to buy a Coleco-Adam-Computer, but I only know ebay as a source, to find one of those holy grails. Is there a good vintage-retro-computer-shop that would be recommendable...or is there a a collector here in this community, who would sell one of his second-adam?

You might have better luck posting this in the Wanted subforum of the Marketplace here.

You might have better luck posting this in the Wanted subforum of the Marketplace here.

Beware of Ebay because so far I have bought 2 and both have severe issues because the owners have no clue and description can be accurate AND misleading at the same time.

One was "Never Used" but the guy forgot to mention that it did not come with the manuals and I will never buy anything from Fuds Gaming ever again. It WAS never used but when I tested it the capacitors blew up in my face upon first use.

The second one I bought as a development unit and has two Digital Data Drives both with the wheels melted and frozen.

So in reality, save your desk space and emulate...Buy from a collector on Atari Age or wait for a device like Collectorvision but then again I have no clue if Collectorvision will even use ADAM images.

Edited by Mike Harris

Hello Coleco-Gurus!

I would love to buy a Coleco-Adam-Computer, but I only know ebay as a source, to find one of those holy grails.

Is there a good vintage-retro-computer-shop that would be recommendable...or is there a a collector here in this community, who would sell one of his second-adam?

greetings from austria

Helmut

Send MilliV a PM to see if he has a complete Adam system available. You can also reach him thru the Coleco Adam Facebook page... William Hicks.

Beware and always be suspicious.

The person selling this clearly displays the ADAM Disk drive manual, labels and write protect as well as the power supply giving the "Impression" that it comes with the unit but alas the drive itself is not in the picture or any real type of description at the bottom.

An email and several days later, several emails to him in in fact, comes up with vague excuses about a brother being sick and ultimately oh yea, we have a second ADAM at his shop.

Never buy anything on EBAY without getting confirmation of what is included and condition.

If the disk drive was included I would have hit the buy now because I thought that would have been worth the price even for parts and a working Disk Drive despite the damaged power supply.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADAM-THE-COLECOVISION-FAMILY-COMPUTER-SYSTEM-WITH-MANUALS/283413533256?hash=item41fcc35248:g:voMAAOSwTHlchX0F

So, maybe he's legit but maybe not so I thought I would give the community a heads up. I certainly am not buying from this guy, Fuds Gaming and anyone else that is deceptively silent then falls back on...Well if you didn't see it in the picture...

A direct copy from my email.
"As a matter of fact he has another Adam at the shop I will be there tomorrow afternoon I will see if in fact it has a drive I'm assuming the drive looks like the photo that I seen that he has I will check for that"

This guy, in my opinion, purposely showed everything about the Disk Drive and would have sold the unit and screamed It was not in the pictures when confronted. I know it and he knows it.

Edited by Mike Harris

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my in quotes "NEVER USED" in quotes"CIB" Colecovision from Ebay.

I swear I need to start buying my collector items from actual collectors.

This thing came in an old DVD player box, Newspaper for packing and smelled of cigarette smoke.
Even the Styrofoam inside the Coleco packaging as well as the console wreaked of cigarette smoke.

Scratches all over, prongs on the Power Supply bent. Clearly parts of this unit has been used but not all of it used so I guess he can get away with never been used.

Yes it was complete but I think it is complete from multiple systems.
The documents seemed in great quality but this will be the last thing I buy off Ebay because I seem to get burned.
Or maybe, my expectations of what CIB and Never Used is higher than what the sellers of Ebay believe them to be.

Also, it seems I am not allowed to give a negative review of my experience until 7 days later which is disingenuous.

So I guess my next move will be a collectorvision so I can continue to develop games.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/br4430?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Just sharing my experience with this seller. Not saying he's evil.

Edited by Mike Harris

• 4 weeks later...

Bypass $200 and print your own Zaxxon Box, slap some instructions and a DDP in it.

I hate to be a snooze Berry but I had all 3 and threw them away 30 or so years ago.

I bid on an auction recently where I won an EXP 3/Coleco and a Disk Drive for $305.
In an email from the lady told me that Power Supply, Instructions and Software were not in the picture yet were included.
Then I found out she divided all that up and was selling it separate. I said that I would at least like the manual to the disk drive and she said no.
I had her cancel the sale which she did.

The next week she sold it for I think $153 so she ended up losing over $150 because of a manual that she could have easily given me.

Point is that you need to walk away from these things because people want to milk you for every dime they can knowing that the nostalgia community are suckers for these things and will pay top dollar for what amounts to 35 year old electronics that may or may not work.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up this little guy for my ADAM collection.

Once in awhile you can find decent bargains on EBAY.
I have yet to test it but it looks like it is in decent condition.
I plan to restore it to pristine and put it in my man cave.

I did NOT pay the ridiculous price of $400 or $300 which some of these people just throw out there. I think that was because this person is more of a thrift store and not some jerk believing he's going to buy an ADAM, break it down 30 pieces then sell one piece at a time thinking that this is some rare gold plated museum piece.

I was reasonable and paid less than $50 which included shipping which the guy really packed it well.

post-62874-0-16156300-1557949100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Harris

I picked up this little guy for my ADAM collection.

Once in awhile you can find decent bargains on EBAY.

I have yet to test it but it looks like it is in decent condition.

I plan to restore it to pristine and put it in my man cave.

I did NOT pay the ridiculous price of $400 or $300 which some of these people just throw out there. I think that was because this person is more of a thrift store and not some jerk believing he's going to buy an ADAM, break it down 30 pieces then sell one piece at a time thinking that this is some rare gold plated museum piece.

I was reasonable and paid less than $50 which included shipping which the guy really packed it well.

GREAT find, especially if it wokrs good out of the box!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the price sounds spot on. What bothers me though, is that with the potential profit involved, the seller wants a mere $10 to ship this jewel.

Edited by adamcon