IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Another one...$70 + shipping.
Can't vouch for this either, just passing the info.

Unexpanded, definitely older version.
It only shows the CPU and a single cable in the picture.
No mention of any accessories even the keyboard.

AS IS.

I pass this kind of thing up in a heartbeat but if you have the bread, need parts and with no guarantee

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Adam-The-Colecovision-Family-Computer-System-AS-IS/174058963542?hash=item2886b90256:g:178AAOSwhbZdgBRS

Not my sale...

Colecovision Expansion #1 claimed to never be opened.

Always looking out for my buds...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ColecoVision-Coleco-Vision-Expansion-Module-1-Sealed-NOS-Never-Opened/163900638902?hash=item26293d46b6:g:UPsAAOSwnSJdlc9O

$80 starting bid + shipping

Edited by Mike Harris

I know this is the Colleco Auction Watch but this gave me a laugh.

Someone glued a Cloak And Dagger sticker onto an Atari 5200 Cartridge and had the balls to ask $75 + shipping for it.
He even says that it's a movie prop REPLICA thus avoiding all requirements for authenticity.

I'm sorry, just funny as hell.

Now it's $65....It was $75 when I emailed and asked him more info about it.
Before he changed the listing he even said it was just some random cartridge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264493938203?ul_noapp=true

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 3:27 AM, Mike Harris said:

Do you have $50K?

When you type in Coleco even the extreme filters through.

I can only suspect that this guy woke up one day or worse did NOT wake up and this is his next of kin selling....
But here we have what I CALL a wasted life.  Hear me out, you may have a different opinion.
The value of anything on this planet is whatever you put on it.  I value my wife and kids....

Regardless, this person is selling this collection...I hope whomever had a great life but I learned early on that software is NOT a commodity and does not value with age.  Everything is artificially priced high with terms of RARE...VINTAGE...ONCE IN A LIFETIME...

Just look at every rom you can get free online and run from your phone the next time you want stuff like this.
How much wheeling and dealing...How much money I wasted on this very thing back in the 80's and 90's.

So, if you have 50K and a house to put it in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VIDEO-GAMES-COLLECTION-LOT-NES-SNES-GAMECUBE-SEGA-GEN-PS1-N64-ATARI-PS2-WII-XBOX/264472147360?hash=item3d93c4b5a0:g:p0kAAOSwSaJdg8s0

Great news....He dropped it to $45k

One lucky dude can walk away with this and only for 1/4 the price of a decent house.
Get it before it is swiped up.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 12:06 PM, Mike Harris said:

Not my sale...

Colecovision Expansion #1 claimed to never be opened.

Always looking out for my buds...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ColecoVision-Coleco-Vision-Expansion-Module-1-Sealed-NOS-Never-Opened/163900638902?hash=item26293d46b6:g:UPsAAOSwnSJdlc9O

$80 starting bid + shipping

I really wish they'd made the expansion module #2 in a better box. About the only NIB you can find for those is new in very rough falling apart box. I know there's a few mint NIB but not very many.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 12:04 PM, Mike Harris said:

OK...I'll bite...

What's the difference between this;
Rocky Battles the Champ and Rocky Boxing other than somebody wants to hock this Very "RARE" and "OLD" Collectorvision game for $400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocky-Battle-The-Champ-ColecoVision-Game-Very-Rare-Old-Collectorvision-game/274038350027?hash=item3fcdf560cb:g:wdwAAOSwGEFdl1zn

This guy, bless his ambition, is a nut case "in MY opinion"  You don't have to agree.
But here he's laid out the collection of all time in all it's glory if you want it.

Personally, I would prescribe Lithium and heavy counseling.

Rocky: Battles the Champ

CollectorVision

9 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Yeah, I've found a reference for it too, but it's not on their site.  I'll reserve judgement until J-F or someone else from CollectorVision chimes in.

Rocky: Battle the Champ was the original name of the game before Coleco changed it  CollectorVision just made this version to pay homage to the original name of the game.

And yes, the price is ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Rocky: Battle the Champ was the original name of the game before Coleco changed it  CollectorVision just made this version to pay homage to the original name of the game.

So is this Rocky Super Action Boxing with a different title?  Any differences from the original game?  Or different game altogether?

14 hours ago, NIAD said:

So, Collectorvision made this box without putting their name anywhere on it, then? Could be, but I've not seen it before.

I had no idea that I would create such a buzz over Rocky.
I am glad that I could contribute and keep the conversation going.

Now maybe some of you guys can read and comment on my other posts such as Cartridge and Box Templates, OS9, Manuals....

I get a lot of reads but no responses when really all I need are links even if they are inside Atari Age.
Like the Cartridge Label Templates..great for the Atari 2600, not so much for Colecovision.

2 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

More suspicious deals.

This just shows a picture that looks like it was cut from a magazine.

Nothing other than the picture...No cartridge, no box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ken-Uston-Blackjack-Poker-Colecovision-1982/264503120479?epid=56246715&hash=item3d959d525f:g:-bUAAOSwNSxUylF-

I don't think that one is so odd...He may not say "cart only" or show a pic of the actual game,  But look at his numerous 100% feedback!  Some of it is for selling ColecoVision games so it looks fine to me. 

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I don't think that one is so odd...He may not say "cart only" or show a pic of the actual game,  But look at his numerous 100% feedback!  Some of it is for selling ColecoVision games so it looks fine to me. 

And I paid $1,000 for a NEVER USED, MINT Coleco ADAM that was missing parts.
When I complained he said that if it wasn't in the picture then....

Nowhere in the description is a mention of anything other than telling what the game does.
Nowhere in his listing is a game cartridge, manual, overlays or box.
It is an exact copy of an advertisement.

I am not saying that he is a ripoff but people beware of ripoffs and one other note.
If this guy has such great rating then he obviously knows how to sell on EBAY.  So why wouldn't he show actual product.

Are you buying a boat or just a picture of a boat.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, Mike Harris said:

And I paid $1,000 for a NEVER USED, MINT Coleco ADAM that was missing parts.
When I complained he said that if it wasn't in the picture then....

Nowhere in the description is a mention of anything other than telling what the game does.
Nowhere in his listing is a game cartridge, manual, overlays or box.
It is an exact copy of an advertisement.

I am not saying that he is a ripoff but people beware of ripoffs and one other note.
If this guy has such great rating then he obviously knows how to sell on EBAY.  So why wouldn't he show actual product.

Are you buying a boat or just a picture of a boat.

Was it this same seller?

If so, that's another story.  I didn't realize you had personal experience with him.  I was just pointing out high feedback numbers and 100% Feedback generally eases my mind.  If I was interested (in such an auction) I'd ask questions like is it cart only?  and so on...But again personal experience trumps anything I was talking about...

• 2 weeks later...

AVOID......JOHNCOLLECTIBLE

https://www.ebay.com/usr/johncollectible

This is how they shipped my Collecovision IN THE BOX...

Wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper turned inside out then just shipped.
Now I have a hole in the product....So much for my collection.

37 years this thing has been cared for and some asswhipe thought that Christmas Wrapping was the way to go.

Of course the FEDEX guy dropped in front of the door and high tailed it out of there right when I stood up.

20191028_122452.thumb.jpg.19d0a20520fb2d190a15f750d828ae86.jpg20191028_122439.thumb.jpg.4282a4ec746d494b82b36049ad2658a7.jpg

Edited by Mike Harris

That's why I always specify when paying to have the item shipped in a box and protected, and offer to pay more for shipping if I need to.  Sometimes it delays the item getting shipped for the seller to find the right box, but in these cases patience is a virtue.

• Like 3

Followup to my debacle.

The guy will take it back and issue a full refund but refuses to pay for the return shipping.

So in essence I would have to pay out of pocket around $30 to ship this back just to get 20 of the $50 I spent on the thing and also not have it.

I implore that NONE of you buy from this guy if he decides to sell more Nostalgia merchandise.  The guy could have taken 5 seconds to grab an old VCR box and 20 cents worth of bubble wrap but decided to turn some Christmas Wrapping paper inside out and ship it for as cheaply as possible.

I can't make a claim against Fed Ex so basically I am SOL as far as restoring and resell value because people buy these things for completeness and condition and that hole can make or break a sale to a serious collector.

• Like 1