IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

1 minute ago, MMarcoux66 said:

These look like reproductions to me? Didn't Fisher Price games come in either red or blue shells?

They did, unlike these.

I believe you are correct. The sister auction with Spinnaker games includes a Jukebox with a copied label with non-rounded corners like these F-P games (never mind the shells).

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 6:50 PM, stupus said:

I too would have joined the club had i known it was that title. Very much have wanted PP.

Kinda disappointing as i thought part of the purpose of collectorvision obtaining rare prototypes was to share them with the public and not secretly in a club. :( well what can you do....i guess buy the bootlegs when people start dumping and copying the game...

The problem is you run into a particular issue like with Smurf Challenge or Opcode’s recent experience so that, in the future, such titles just get shared with close friends of the producer for practical reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I realise I am asking the fox for a safe place to house my chickens...

I'll give it a go and hope for the best :)

Clearing out my storage and am thinking of selling my working Australian colecovision and power supply, steering wheel and pedal expansion, and games turbo, donkey kong and zaxxon - unfortunately no boxes.

Appreciate any help to guide ale price, such as links to recent Australian sales. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking myself...

Thanks in advance

colecovision.JPG

• Like 1

Australia probably 220V?  Looks clean & in good shape. Unfortunately not that much money as there is always a bunch for sale so not rare. Maybe close to $100 USD for what I'm seeing if it works.

I'd recommend keeping it. 

Ebay to check prices. 

Yeah I don't know about the power supply for austrialia or even is it pal secam or ntsc?

Anyways I have seen colecovision homebrews selling at above market value from australia so it might be a better market down there. So again ebay is best bet to check past sales.

1 hour ago, donkeykong said:

Digress I just realised you are in Canada.  Yes there are a few similar items of sorts for sale on USA ebay but none for sale here in Australia, making this a rare find in this market for an Australian version...  

9 hours ago, digress said:

Yeah I don't know about the power supply for austrialia or even is it pal secam or ntsc?

I believe Australia is PAL G (whereas a lot of Western Europe and the UK is PAL B).  There is a relatively subtle difference between PAL B and G, but it does mean that the RF section of Australian CVs will be different to those in Europe.  If I remember correctly, when I lived in Australia, my UK TV would pick up and display Australian broadcast channels but I couldn't get the sound.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody thinks US $455.92  / C $619.00 is a good deal for an "as-is/untested" boxed ADAM...you may want to check out this LINK

Quote from the listing:

"Working perfecly in 2009 but I'ved lost the power supply since. So it's sold as is, untested, with no power supply and no manuals."

What's funny, is that the ADAM Printer/Power Supply is in fact pictured and included with the auction.  When I contacted the seller to let him/her know about his/her error...regarding the fact about having the necessary power supply...I received this response:

"Oh good!! Ok I'll test it and I'll answer you today.
Thanks!! I'ved search everywhere lol."

Granted its been quite a while since I got my ADAMS years and years ago...but assuming this actually worked...is this price even remotely reasonable for an ADAM these days?

Double down... I call bullshit on this seller. He posted pics of a recent homebrew game release (Arkanoid) displayed on a TV, but conveniently did not show the Adam setup, power on and with the game cart inserted.

Anyway, asking price is too high all things considered.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 1:19 PM, doubledown said:

If anybody thinks US $455.92  / C $619.00 is a good deal for an "as-is/untested" boxed ADAM...you may want to check out this LINK

Quote from the listing:

"Working perfecly in 2009 but I'ved lost the power supply since. So it's sold as is, untested, with no power supply and no manuals."

What's funny, is that the ADAM Printer/Power Supply is in fact pictured and included with the auction.  When I contacted the seller to let him/her know about his/her error...regarding the fact about having the necessary power supply...I received this response:

"Oh good!! Ok I'll test it and I'll answer you today.
Thanks!! I'ved search everywhere lol."

Granted its been quite a while since I got my ADAMS years and years ago...but assuming this actually worked...is this price even remotely reasonable for an ADAM these days?

It was 4 years ago, but I got a working Adam with the box for $102.50 on eBay.  Got lucky with no shipping charges too, as I was on a long vacation drive and was able to work the free local pick-up into my route home.   I don't see any being listed anywhere near that price now though.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

I wonder who's doing such nice repro boxes:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Coleco-Vision-Konsole-mit-RGB-Pause-Stereo-Controller-Kugelgriff-boxed/253533820896?hash=item3b07cb17e0:g:z3EAAOSwNjlepEYj

Perhaps they could do boxes for the CollectorVision Phoenix.  ;) 

0711Spiele sounds so familiar... is that Marc Oberhauser?

Edited by NIAD

These are German guys. I don't know Marc Oberhauser, I had an other contact.

Their addresses are retro-modding.de

or 0711spiele.de, but only via Facebook.

Very ambitious, they found out how to mod my french CV to use 1st run SGM.

They also made the cheap conversion of the NES Advantage controller for the CV with keypad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I wasn’t sure when I made the decision to buy whether this was real or repro but felt like I needed to grab quickly just in case.  Since then, I’ve realized that it looks like a repro although a nice one.  I couldn’t find any price history on these at all (even repro).   How badly did I get burned here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Meteoric-Shower-CIB-use-with-BIT90-and-Colecovision/383721281973?hash=item59579219b5:g:X8QAAOSwIU1fYNxS

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Ok, I wasn’t sure when I made the decision to buy whether this was real or repro but felt like I needed to grab quickly just in case.  Since then, I’ve realized that it looks like a repro although a nice one.  I couldn’t find any price history on these at all (even repro).   How badly did I get burned here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Meteoric-Shower-CIB-use-with-BIT90-and-Colecovision/383721281973?hash=item59579219b5:g:X8QAAOSwIU1fYNxS

Not so bad, if I remember right it went more or less by that price.

Yep, thats the repro i believe collectorvision made a while back.

Its still fairly rare even as a repro so if your happy to have a decent looking repro the price isnt too bad i guess.

This guys prices are all over, some stuff high, some stuff low.

He has a evolution priced very low in my opinion.

That flipper slipper he had that sold looks really neat...would have liked that...assuming it is real. Looks like a german version if it is...never seen that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stupus said:

Yep, thats the repro i believe collectorvision made a while back.

Its still fairly rare even as a repro so if your happy to have a decent looking repro the price isnt too bad i guess.

That flipper slipper he had that sold looks really neat...would have liked that...assuming it is real. Looks like a german version if it is...never seen that.

Yeah, I think I’m ok with it.  I’m not big on repros in general, but this is one that I’ll never find original.  I thought the Jungle Hunt he sold was a decent price. I was very tempted but already spent too much lately. I did pick up the boxed CBS football (Soccer) from him as well.  Been wanting  that for a while and it seemed reasonable.  My main concern was that he’s a new seller.  Always hesitant for folks with little feedback, but I’ve already got tracking info.  

15 hours ago, stupus said:

I bought several of his games yesterday at what I thought were good prices for CIB: AtariSoft Galaxian for $100, BurgerTime for $45, Moonsweeper for $55, Montezuma's Revenge for $47.  Those games don't show up for sale very often, especially Complete in good condition, so I jumped on them while I had the chance!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...