IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

8 minutes ago, TPR said:

This does not look like a real TeleGames Meteoric Shower to me. That guy's Kung Fu Superkicks also looks like a fake. But he's claiming he bought them directly from TeleGames. Or were these eColeco releases? Anyone know for sure?

I possess several such "black label" cartridges. My assumption is that they originated with eColeco.

This is what the cartridge internals should look like, which doesn't match the TeleGames constructions I've seen ... but I could be wrong.

internals.thumb.jpg.c988b3591688eac2a4236afbe3f1d3b2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of the kit, but the box was not included as it was made and sold separately in a small quantity by phattyboombatty. The WarRoom cartridge was not included, but pictured for reference for those that wanted their LotD cart PCB to be housed in a Probe 2000 re-purposed cartridge case.

lotd kit.jpg

38 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Here is a picture of the kit, but the box was not included as it was made and sold separately in a small quantity by phattyboombatty. The WarRoom cartridge was not included, but pictured for reference for those that wanted their LotD cart PCB to be housed in a Probe 2000 re-purposed cartridge case.

lotd kit.jpg

Very nice. So is this a picture of a copy you happen to own?

3 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Not my picture as I saved someone else’s that was posted. However, I did own this exact release and re-purposed a WarRoom cart.

I see. Well, the reason why I'm asking is because I don't have the scan of this box. For homebrew boxes, I can usually just ask the homebrew publisher for the box image (which is then easily converted into trading card format) but this Lord of the Dungeon box is a little special so if I could find someone who owns this exact box, I would ask him to scan it for my trading card project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

I scanned the entire box but don’t recall if the LotD manual was inserted. I will check later… if I forget send me a gentle nudge.

Very well, and while we're on the subject, please refresh my memory: Was this box/manual "kit" made for existing prototype carts of Lord of the Dungeon, or were new PCBs of the game made in parallel to the kits?

CollectorVision made the kit and included a naked cart PCB. From there it was up to each purchaser to complete things with a box and repurposed cart shell.

Aside from that, I don’t think any consideration was given to previous releases such as the CGE release circa 2001.

21 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

I see. Well, the reason why I'm asking is because I don't have the scan of this box. For homebrew boxes, I can usually just ask the homebrew publisher for the box image (which is then easily converted into trading card format) but this Lord of the Dungeon box is a little special so if I could find someone who owns this exact box, I would ask him to scan it for my trading card project.

Figured I'd post the scans hear seeing as this is where the whole discussion took place... I am all for closure. Hopefully the scans are of good enough quality otherwise someone else will have to help out.

LotD Box - #01 (2).JPG

LotD Box - #02 (2).JPG

6 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Figured I'd post the scans hear seeing as this is where the whole discussion took place... I am all for closure. Hopefully the scans are of good enough quality otherwise someone else will have to help out.

Sadly, I need a scan of at least 300 DPI. But thanks anyway.  :)

On 7/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Pixelboy said:

Quick question for those in the know: This was released by CollectorVision years ago, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224041099079

Yep, that’s one of my boxes. I made the box and instructions as a supplement to the cartridge that Collectorvision had already put out.

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

I don't recall if it was CollectorVision or PhattyBoomBatty that included the side labels.

lord 01.jpg

Lord of the Dungeon - Cart & Box (Special Kit Edition).png

I produced everything in this picture except the instructions, the black label and the PCB.

I was having trouble remembering if I did those instructions, and then I remembered that I did the Power Lords instructions, but not that one.

23 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

I can provide the original remastered  artwork. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, rietveld said:

If the controller board is working properly and per the description… I highly doubt that it is.

• 1 month later...

Sheesh!  $162.50 for CV puffy stickers? 

I bought a bunch for $12 a piece two years ago.  It amazes me the money that people get with the hit or miss market. 

Next week, they'll probably be back to $12 a pack. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255234671132?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Well, I take that back.  A new listing for $150.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194543335377?hash=item2d4bafb7d1:g:CSUAAOSw2LhhoXz1

Edited by Bartsfam
update
  • Like 1