IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I'm sure someone can help you here. ;)

Not sure its worth the bother. I only need Wiz Math and Dragon fire so I would have to resell the other cartridges. At 100 (plus whatever the auction ends at) and shipping to an American address. (paying someone for there trouble) Then shipping it to Canada. I think all of the value would be sucked out of it.

Not sure its worth the bother. I only need Wiz Math and Dragon fire so I would have to resell the other cartridges. At 100 (plus whatever the auction ends at) and shipping to an American address. (paying someone for there trouble) Then shipping it to Canada. I think all of the value would be sucked out of it.

FYI Wiz Math loose has usually gone for around $100 so your value is still good unless a bidding war starts

Hey

Someone is selling a big boxed collection piece by piece, including homebrews, if anyone is looking to fill in some holes.

http://rover.ebay.co...=p2047675.l2562

I wonder if he is an AA'er?

Hey, it's me...I've been buying on Ebay since 2006 but I'm totally new to selling and I apologize but I'm not super familiar with all the options yet. I assumed I could ship anywhere unless noted, well, you know what happens when you ass-u-me. I was a little reluctant to do this in the first place and the Coleco is truly probably my favorite console (maybe tied with the Master System) but that's just it...My weird way of showing my family that they mean the most to me and adding money, as little or as much as I get, to buy a house for them is top priority. Yeah, I could say nice things, bring flowers, buy dinners but they know how much I love this stuff and how hard it is to part with it. I could sell my SNES, Genesis, Master System, etc. but Coleco is the hardest so that's what I chose first. I'm not going to sell everything I own (try and pry my 2600 away from me) and will always collect but, like I said, this is my personal way of saying I care. Lol, all collectors are a little crazy in some way though, wouldn't you say ?

I'm always lurking around here and keeping up to date, I just don't post much. Thank you for my small, one-man therapy session and thank you for looking at my auctions, don't bid too high and make sure they get in collectors hands !

• Like 3

I can certainly help you with DragonFire

I do have a loose cart with manual here

Hey

Hey, it's me...I've been buying on Ebay since 2006 but I'm totally new to selling and I apologize but I'm not super familiar with all the options yet. I assumed I could ship anywhere unless noted, well, you know what happens when you ass-u-me. I was a little reluctant to do this in the first place and the Coleco is truly probably my favorite console (maybe tied with the Master System) but that's just it...My weird way of showing my family that they mean the most to me and adding money, as little or as much as I get, to buy a house for them is top priority. Yeah, I could say nice things, bring flowers, buy dinners but they know how much I love this stuff and how hard it is to part with it. I could sell my SNES, Genesis, Master System, etc. but Coleco is the hardest so that's what I chose first. I'm not going to sell everything I own (try and pry my 2600 away from me) and will always collect but, like I said, this is my personal way of saying I care. Lol, all collectors are a little crazy in some way though, wouldn't you say ?

I'm always lurking around here and keeping up to date, I just don't post much. Thank you for my small, one-man therapy session and thank you for looking at my auctions, don't bid too high and make sure they get in collectors hands !

I have a couple of bids in there to fill some holes in the collection. Good Luck with your sale.

Someone is selling a big boxed collection piece by piece, including homebrews, if anyone is looking to fill in some holes.

http://rover.ebay.co...=p2047675.l2562

I wonder if he is an AA'er?

I'm just impressed that all the homebrews are started at a reasonable price and not posted with a BIN of 8-9 x the price they were purchased as someone else does.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F281107953135%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1439.l2649

I just bought this lot of Atari & Colecovision games and manuals. I noticed the "Venture" cartridge with the Colecovision/Adam label variation, and that's primarily why I wanted it. I was the only bidder at $9.99 until the last few minutes when several more bids came in. I was hoping nobody else spotted it, but apparently others did. I've never seen a sale of just the Venture cartridge, so there's no history as to what it's actually worth, but it is listed as an R9 on NAID's list, which makes it one of the three rarest "games" for the CV. I say "games" because the game itself is not rare, rather it's just a label variation of a common game.

Luckily, I needed some of the other games in the lot for my collection as well. Even though they're all common games, finding 10+ that I need at one time is pretty good as CV games are pretty scarce in the second hand stores around here. Plus, there's some nice manuals, and I'm a sucker for completeness, as well as the nostalgia factor.

Anyway, considering I actually needed many of the other items in the lot, $45 (including shipping) seemed like a decent price for everything. Plus, now I finally have a super rare item in my collection.

• Like 3

yeah I got the venture label varient in a couple other games as well.

Really even though label varients are very rare they are not worth much. They are the only rare items that nobody will really pay anything for because there are not a lot of people that care about label varients.

the one exception seems to be the Victory one since that is the most rare and people seem to want to get that one.

I knew that going in. I understand that an actual rare game will always be more desirable than a common game with a rare label variation. It's OK with me though. The way I see it, I paid $3 - $4 each (including the Venture) for each of the items I needed (which also included a couple of the Atari games). My local retro store sells CV games for $3 (on the few occasions they get them in), and I was interested in the manuals as well. Buying individually on Ebay is WAY too expensive simply because it costs $2 - $3 just for shipping.

Any extra value the Venture has is just a nice bonus.

Yep, buying Colecovision cartridges from ebay one by one is not economical!

By example, I got Wizmath loose for US$104, so when I see someone got the lot with it for US$125 I'm just jealous! :), in reality not so much, because I got what I want :D

So buying one in one only possible if the cartridge is rare, you're about to complete your collection, or is included with other cartridges.

Anyway now I'm pretty proud of my Q*bert with silver label :)

yeah I got the venture label varient in a couple other games as well.

Really even though label varients are very rare they are not worth much. They are the only rare items that nobody will really pay anything for because there are not a lot of people that care about label varients.

the one exception seems to be the Victory one since that is the most rare and people seem to want to get that one.

Actually the Venture Coleco/Adam label is even more rare then the Victory colecovision label, I have seen 4 or 5 Victory's in the last few years including 1 CIB. This is the 2nd Venture I have seen and I have never seen a CIB for this game. I really think that Redsock2012 got really lucky because I know I missed that auction and I'm sure everyone else did. Otherwise we would have seen that price shoot up way higher then what it did. The knowledge of the Venture and Victory label variants is becoming more and more will known so the price on those is and will continue to go up as people start to realize what the really have. The great score is the casual Coleco fan that may not know what they have and put it in a lot where you have a great chance to get a super rare game for cheap. If it was posted on AA I'm sure it would have gone over $100+(as that would have been my minimum bid and I may have gone higher) So Redsock2012 got a steal at only $38.77 and he has all the other games he can resell or whatever he wants making the game free. Even though I have a Venture Coleco/Adam label I'm still bummed I missed this auction, because when you have a game that rare its always good to have a 2nd one if you can get it for cheap :evil: :thumbsup: . Great eye Redsock you deserve that one ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

@above - thanks.

Does anyone know if a different box was produced for the Venture CV/Adam variation? NAID's rarity list shows both the loose cartridge and the CIB as R9, leading me to believe the boxes were identical. After all, CIB's for ANY game are always rarer than just the loose cartridges simply because the boxes in the 80's weren't designed as storage, and most were discarded.

I'm quite happy with the price I paid, and the items I got. The Venture looks to be in excellent condition as well - I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person. A few weeks ago I bought a Donkey Kong CV/Adam variation, and until I saw that one I didn't even know about the different labels. It was that purchase that made me do some research and learn more about the labels. Now, I'm going to be on the lookout for the rest of the variations - maybe I'll get lucky again and find a Victory CV label.

None of it will be for resale in the near future. I plan to keep the Venture for a while, and most of the other games are for my collection. Only a few of the 2600 games are duplicates of what I already have, and none of them would command a price to make it worth selling them.

Edited by redsox2012

@above - thanks.

Does anyone know if a different box was produced for the Venture CV/Adam variation? NAID's rarity list shows both the loose cartridge and the CIB as R9, leading me to believe the boxes were identical. After all, CIB's for ANY game are always rarer than just the loose cartridges simply because the boxes in the 80's weren't designed as storage, and most were discarded.

I'm quite happy with the price I paid, and the items I got. The Venture looks to be in excellent condition as well - I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person. A few weeks ago I bought a Donkey Kong CV/Adam variation, and until I saw that one I didn't even know about the different labels. It was that purchase that made me do some research and learn more about the labels. Now, I'm going to be on the lookout for the rest of the variations - maybe I'll get lucky again and find a Victory CV label.

None of it will be for resale in the near future. I plan to keep the Venture for a while, and most of the other games are for my collection. Only a few of the 2600 games are duplicates of what I already have, and none of them would command a price to make it worth selling them.

To my knowledge and talking to other collectors, a CIB Venture CV/Adam has never been found so that is still unknown if there is one out there. All the way up to just a few months ago Victory was in the same boat, but one very lucky AA member spotted a CIB of Victory Colecovision in a lot of games(unfortunately I just spent a ton on some other rare games so I was not able to bid on that one either :_( otherwise it would have been a war!! :twisted: ), so now it is confirmed that there is a least one out there and there could be more. That's whats cool about the Colecovision is even after 30 years there is still retail games that are surfacing that nobody knew existed! examples are Victory CIB, CAD Game cart and I'm sure there is a few more ;) :thumbsup: . Its all in the fun of the HUNT!!! And it sure feels great to score!! and redsox you scored!

post-27857-0-35118900-1368922108_thumb.jpg

Edited by RelliK111

Here is the top KNOWN 10 label variants (for your hunting pleasure) ;)

1- Venture (for CV & ADAM)

2- Victory (for CV)

3- Smurf's Rescue (B&W Canadian label)

4- BC's Quest for Tires (QTL-01)

5- Quest for Quintana Roo (Silver Label)

6- Oils Well (OWL 902)

7- Bc's Quest for Tires (QTL-03)

8- Pepper II ( For CV & ADAM)

9- Time Pilot (For CV)

10- Donkey Kong (For CV & ADAM)

• Like 2

Here is the top KNOWN 10 label variants (for your hunting pleasure) ;)

1- Venture (for CV & ADAM)

2- Victory (for CV)

3- Smurf's Rescue (B&W Canadian label)

4- BC's Quest for Tires (QTL-01)

5- Quest for Quintana Roo (Silver Label)

6- Oils Well (OWL 902)

7- Bc's Quest for Tires (QTL-03)

8- Pepper II ( For CV & ADAM)

9- Time Pilot (For CV)

10- Donkey Kong (For CV & ADAM)

Donkey Kong (made in Taiwan)

Q*bert Silver label

Mr Do CV & Adam

Pit Stop CV & Adam

I have seen 4 or 5 Venture labels this year alone so trust me it is most likely not most rare. I have seen this label varient with the same box that we all have which makes me think there was no box made for it but ya never know.

All the other label varients besides DK maid in taiwan were pretty easy to get I scooped them up in a weeks time so I think they are fairly easy to get or I just got lucky that week. :P

As far as I know and have seen, there is only one box that was used for both Venture label variations and that would be the "For ColecoVision" box . I have never seen a Venture box which states "For ColecoVision & ADAM". That's not to say it doesn't exist, but the likelyhood is pretty slim to almost none that a "For ColecoVision & ADAM" exists.