IGNORED

Empty Genesis cartridge cases?

Video_Invader

I'm officially collecting sports titles. They will be the rarest of finds in another 5 years. :D

Everywhere you look people are getting sports games and using the box for something else. This is just about the only way to get Sega CD cases. Sports titles from the Saturn, Sega CD, and long box PS1 titles all over the world are without homes now.

Also, I agree, that is the best bet. Sports games suck, maybe don't burn the games but take their cases for sure.

Sports games suck, maybe don't burn the games but take their cases for sure.

That's what I've been doing- buying cheap CIB sports games (got about 10 @ 50 cents ea locally) and repurposing the cases. One of the cartridge shells was also repurposed for a Shadow Dancer PCB that I picked up in the marketplace. :D

-Rob

These are good ideas. I forgot all about that. Only thing is some of the sports genesis cases are EA sports cases and have their logo on the inside with a different cartridge insert and are usually a bit thicker. Sega Sports should work great tho like World Series Baseball. I could always donate the actual games on Craigslist for free or something like that.

These are good ideas. I forgot all about that. Only thing is some of the sports genesis cases are EA sports cases and have their logo on the inside with a different cartridge insert and are usually a bit thicker. Sega Sports should work great tho like World Series Baseball. I could always donate the actual games on Craigslist for free or something like that.

It's also worth noting that the EA sports games for the Mega Drive look like this. So yeah, your best bet is the Sega Sports games, unless they too are horribly deformed beyond belief (seriously EA, the hell were you thinking with those carts?).

EDIT: Whoops, it took me a second to realize you were talking about the cases. Still, a very good piece of information for anyone who's interested in making, say, a repro or something.

Edited by Vitiman Z

It's also worth noting that the EA sports games for the Mega Drive look like this. So yeah, your best bet is the Sega Sports games, unless they too are horribly deformed beyond belief (seriously EA, the hell were you thinking with those carts?).

EDIT: Whoops, it took me a second to realize you were talking about the cases. Still, a very good piece of information for anyone who's interested in making, say, a repro or something.

Yes i agree. Wise choice of photo as well. Big fan of Back to the Future. I could watch it 100 times and porobably already have, lol :D

What does everybody think of the cover project and the dvd cases for sega cds etc. I prefer to use original whenever possible but sometimes people say heck with it and go with something different

Edited by Video_Invader

What does everybody think of the cover project and the dvd cases for sega cds etc. I prefer to use original whenever possible but sometimes people say heck with it and go with something different

It's good for making loose games look complete. Or if you are the kind of person that makes a lot of backups, filling those up to look real when sitting in a collection.

I have a few games in those. They were all found loose and I made those for them instead of just having them in black CD cases or something like that. Its a cool idea if you don't have the original box, I wouldn't scrap the real deal for the DVD case idea though.

Also, if you ever need replacement cases for the PS1 or Dreamcast, never buy the cheapo "thin" jewel cases. They are extremely flimsy and prone to breaking within only a few times opening them whole. Just go for some good quality standard size ones, and you should be good.

Also, if you ever need replacement cases for the PS1 or Dreamcast, never buy the cheapo "thin" jewel cases. They are extremely flimsy and prone to breaking within only a few times opening them whole. Just go for some good quality standard size ones, and you should be good.

Oh i can't stand the slim cases. Anytime I've had to replace a ps1 case, i always use the same as what came off.

• 3 months later...

Ask the local game stores to put them back for you. I found out my local stores throw away clamshells. I asked them to hang on to them for me. I go in once a week and see if they have any cases for me. Doing this has paid off with tons of cases and even guides. You can also try asking to swap for a better case when your purchasing a item.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...