IGNORED

How about hiring a programmer for Joust?

Yurkie

newcoleco, have you tried the trick of using the noise channel on the third audio channel of the coleco? I know it's emulated in the Chipsounds VST plugin, and it allows for a bigger octave variation than the dedicated noise channel.

Yes, I'm trying everything I know about the sound chip inside the ColecoVision, don't worry about that.

I'm fully aware of the buzzer-like sound that can produce the noise channel while set to periodic noise... because it sounds like a bass instrument and I'm using it in all my CV chiptunes. It's true that this ptero-yelling sound has a buzzer-like sound to it, so it may works just fine. I need to figure out the proper frequencies and give it a try.

Another great thing about this thread is that it really shows the hoops that HomeBrewers go through to code these games. Building a title from the Ground up is a big job (even in 32K), and this little slice of just adding sound to an incomplete project is great. I swear I'm checking this thread 4-6 times a day now.

Kudos go out to everyone working on this! :)

• 8 months later...

Bump.

ANy news on this front? I'm interested.

The Joust project is dead, for all intents and purposes. But that's only because I want Daniel to work on a more important project. ;)

That's unfortunate :_( I love that game and the proto is a ton of fun it just needs sound and a little more love. Is there any one else that might be willing to pick up the project??

Can't somebody start a Kickstarter on this? I have no idea how this works.

Kickstarter is used for raising funds for a project. For Joust, money is no real object, it's finding a programmer willing and able to do the job that's the problem. :)