IGNORED

4 Atari 16MB Hard Disk Images Completed

kheffington

I am not sure but I doubt that this would be worth doing. The Game DOS used for the 16MB ATRs here does not work with ATR images; only executable files. Most Applications and utilities are available mostly in the form of ATRs and not generally available as executables like games are.

This is were the new bios v. 0.9 for the ide plus comes in handy. It's like a miracle to load SynFile+, Print Shop etc. from an ATR saved to the hard drive attached to my XL. As soon as disk change with ATRed programs on an A8 hard drive is possible, this is the solution to it.

So yes, a simple ATR collection saved on an 16 or 32MB ATR for ide plus will be it.

I need to go for de-protected versions of some of my user software ...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@kheffington - good idea, but you are pirate. Why You use commercial Sikor soft games without my permission?

Only Kaz ask me to put commercial Sikor Soft games on his webpage. Yes, he has my permission. Yes, anyone can buy it yet - as compilation on "Sikor Soft *.atr & *xex goodies" from me, as disk, or paying minimal sum (2zł - is about $0,6, €0,5 for my PayPal account: sikor_soft@interia.pl - for download files) per program. Nobody payed this method, I don't search of them (maybe I can?).

So, only one question: Why You didn't ask me for permission?

To everyone: yes, i can add it for you. I have too few money to publish new games for Atari and - after action like this - no more motivation to publish new games in proffesional way. I wanted made some position on cart - but, I thinking now that it is wrong idea. Nobodys want it, as I see. Only pirated games are interesting for you :(

Edited by Sikor

@Sikor

With all due respect, aren't you being a little unfair? As you point out yourself, the games in question are available for free (and, apparently, with your permission) from the Ataronline.pl database. Anyone can download them, all kheffington has done was create an organized archive for easy use. It's not a commercial package, nobody profits from it--what's the problem here, exactly? Besides, it it upsets you this much, all you need to do is politely request that your games be removed from the images. I'm sure kheffington would be happy to do that. End of story. Instead you choose to insult us all. Not cool, man.

@Sikor

With all due respect, aren't you being a little unfair? As you point out yourself, the games in question are available for free (and, apparently, with your permission) from the Ataronline.pl database. Anyone can download them, all kheffington has done was create an organized archive for easy use. It's not a commercial package, nobody profits from it--what's the problem here, exactly? Besides, it it upsets you this much, all you need to do is politely request that your games be removed from the images. I'm sure kheffington would be happy to do that. End of story. Instead you choose to insult us all. Not cool, man.

No, aren't free. On atarionline.pl are information about paying method - o.k., not directly in database. But it is.

How I wrote - i waiting only one - ASK ME for permission. But no, nobody's made it. But pirate them want all.

And yes, I have not more motivation to publish any new games for Atari - it is no sense for me. Not for collectors, not for players. Nobodys want are.

To be honest, those games aren't available in any other archive, besides atarionline.pl. As Sikor said, only Kaz asked for permission.

The games haven't been freed yet, and treating them as freeware ones means piracy. Period.

Edited by miker

I'm sorry, I fail to understand the logic here. The games have not been "freed," but are available from a free and publicly accessible archive? It's OK to have them in such archive, but not OK to download and use them?

Doesn't the author's agreement to make these files available from AOL constitute a de facto distribution agreement? If all Sikor wants is that his permission be secured, it's a question of courtesy not so much as legality. (To be clear, I don't wish to dispute his rights; I just don't appreciate the overall tone.)

I'm sorry, I fail to understand the logic here. The games have not been "freed," but are available from a free and publicly accessible archive? It's OK to have them in such archive, but not OK to download and use them?

Yes, it is wrong to share it forward without ask person/firm/whatever, who has rights for them. I often loggin here, my firm - Sikor Soft - are knowwing for atarian, still in business. So? Did you have any problem to send private messege and ask me?

Doesn't the author's agreement to make these files available from AOL constitute a de facto distribution agreement? If all Sikor wants is that his permission be secured, it's a question of courtesy not so much as legality. (To be clear, I don't wish to dispute his rights; I just don't appreciate the overall tone.)

Yes, my tone is cold. Because by peoples like You - I has no money to make more publication for Atari computers. Because I don't see any sense to make more publication.Because people like You want it all for free. Maybe I'll put my permission for it, but - no one ask me. It is totaly lack of respect for peoples, who still want be in business. And yes, You are poor person without any honor. You prefer stolen some programs than pay for it - even if the cost is less than a dollar. And you has no honor to ask about sharing it.

Yes, after action like this - I probably no more publish any new games for Ataris. I don't see any sense for it - because you don't respects the rights of others peoples.

Yes, it is wrong to share it forward without ask person/firm/whatever, who has rights for them. I often loggin here, my firm - Sikor Soft - are knowwing for atarian, still in business. So? Did you have any problem to send private messege and ask me?

I'm sure kheffington didn't deliberately try to ignore your rights - so why didn't you send him a private message and ask him instead of calling him a pirate?

Because he wants to keep the discussion public, OK?

Now, move your peabrains: Sikor is the publisher of these games, no? There isn't anywhere written that the software is free, and there aren't any his commercial prods available for download on Fandal's nor on Atarimania site.

And despite Sikor's post #35 with given details (so you know the situation, now, NO?), still anyone hasn't asked him for permission.

Maybe I could broke into someone's house and tell him something like "I love your plasma tv, I'll take it", and just steal it, no?

Good work, guys! :P

And Mr Amiga, this is for you: tumblr_kybo9l3tWI1qa9armo1_500.jpg

Because people like You want it all for free.

I see. We're escalating this to personal attacks now? You know nothing about me, my values, or my software acquisistion habits. And yet you presume you can judge me.

Now, all I did was point out what I considered to be a lapse in reasoning. I won't speak for kheffington, but I assume this whole debacle is a result of an honest mistake. Yes, there is a clause regarding the commercial status of your games on AOL... in Polish, buried in news from 2004. You could give people the benefit of the doubt, you know. Instead you charge in guns blazing, calling people names. How very honorable and respectful of you.

OK, before trolls and "moral authorities" completely take over this thread:

There will be written a disclaimer, regarding these games above. Just stay tuned. But for now, everything is like I wrote here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/187482-4-atari-16mb-hard-disk-images-completed/page__view__findpost__p__2448111 And please keep this in your mind.

Surely everyone here has been around long enough to understand just how effective flame-fests are, no?

Rather than bicker over who should have done what, when and how, the important thing is to act on what is now known. The files aren't public domain so simply remove the files in question and move along.

Because he wants to keep the discussion public, OK?

Now, move your peabrains: Sikor is the publisher of these games, no? There isn't anywhere written that the software is free, and there aren't any his commercial prods available for download on Fandal's nor on Atarimania site.

And despite Sikor's post #35 with given details (so you know the situation, now, NO?), still anyone hasn't asked him for permission.

Maybe I could broke into someone's house and tell him something like "I love your plasma tv, I'll take it", and just steal it, no?

Good work, guys! :P

And Mr Amiga, this is for you: tumblr_kybo9l3tWI1qa9armo1_500.jpg

I don't normally make personal attacks, but ThomSW... you're an idiot!

If contacted personally with the name of the games, I would have been more than happy to remove them. Now that this is like any other pirate rant routine, I have no intention of getting involved in it at all. I don't need the grief and don't intend to go through the entire compilation looking for the games in question.

The whole pirate issue is to a degree funny as all of the games in the compilation are readily available to download zipped in large files of Atari games. That said, several game companies no doubt still have the copyright on many of those games. For anyone to download and use such copyrighted games to call someone else a pirate just doesn't wash.

As such, I will remove access to the entire archive of HD images on the server. When I get time to do so this evening later, they will no longer be available to download.

So enjoy your superior attitudes as I am finished with this and will remove the entire archive as soon as possible.

Edited by kheffington

Not to fan the flames, but it is kinda ironic that the complaints are coming from a guy who has blatently ripped off Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Jurassic Park with "his" software.

Kinda hard to claim IP infringement on software that infringes movie IP.

Pirates complaining about pirates.

Edited by dkerfoot
  • Like 3