IGNORED

4 Atari 16MB Hard Disk Images Completed

kheffington

Has anybody ever found file version (XEX or EXE etc) of Treshold? All that seem to exist are boot disk images, so it can't go in the collection, and it's a favorite old A8 game.

post-16281-0-79999800-1365575100_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-13491000-1365575100_thumb.jpg

didn't find a xex or com to add,only ATRs

Dreadnaught factor 3 is a .rom :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Previous disks were great, I wouldn't mind an update with a fixed version of Gyruss if you could stick up a link or PM me, cheers :)

The fast load versions didn't seem to work that great with Colleen on my Android phone, but the slow load ones were fine

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit behind the curve here, since I just received my SIO2SD. It seems that if I use my SIO2SD's built-in sio2sd.xex booter, I can then hold down OPTION and press X to boot into the MyPicoDos on these disks. (The directory operations and the games load faster than normal disk speed, which I am guessing represents high speed SIO.)

But if I boot straight into the disk image itself, I get the I/O error timeout sounds and BOOT ERROR messages, and it never gets to the MyPicoDos menu. I've gone through all the SIO speed adjustments on my SIO2SD and can't get it to read.

I'd like to just boot these images normally without having to fuss through the different steps. Is there something different I need to do in order to boot directly from the image, rather than first booting into the built-in sio2sd configurator/loader?

Try the images with the Highspeed SIO off by default.

http://ravenlist.com...gust/images.zip

Okay. I loaded the image. Some additional BOOT ERROR messages appeared on the screen, and I heard it actually read a sector or two successfully, but it still failed with that image. (When I did my workaround, the image itself still worked, although everything loaded at regular Atari 810 speeds.)

On my 2 SIO2SD, I have to reset when I have the prompt of the SIO2SD for them to load... never really looked into it, it works this way, so...

This has at saved me a number of steps in my workaround! So now I put one of the images in my boot disk, and when I get the SIO2SD bootloader, instead of [OPTION+START], I hit [RESET], and then I am able to load the disc. Not elegant like it should be, but absolutely better than the mess that I was going through to get there!

Is there any better way to get the image to boot up directly?

Is there any better way to get the image to boot up directly?

Looks like I found it.

I upgraded my SIO2SD firmware to the 3.1 beta.

I went into the configuration and turned the "topdrive mode" off.

I can now directly boot these images (and at high speed) with no problems.

Yay! All of the problem solving is one of the things that I liked... and learned... the most from the old Atari days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...