IGNORED

4 Atari 16MB Hard Disk Images Completed

kheffington

• 1 year later...

Just trying these - they work great but one oddity with U1MB+SIDE2:

When I load an image in the SIDE2 loader and boot, all the filenames are corrupt in MyPicoDos on initial load. I have to select another disk in Pico (hit 2) and then return to disk 1 for the list to show up correctly. Once I do that everything works fine.

Great collection!

Edited by tuf

When I load an image in the SIDE2 loader and boot, all the filenames are corrupt in MyPicoDos on initial load. I have to select another disk in Pico (hit 2) and then return to disk 1 for the list to show up correctly. Once I do that everything works fine.

Great collection!

In playing around I noticed that the disk format option is set to AUTO and is detecting SD. When I switch to another drive and back it correctly identifies DD as the format.

Great collection!

Disk one has some filenames beginning with Numbers instead of letters. I am not 100% sure that this is the cause, but I renamed or deleted the file/folders beginning with Numbers and I no longer have this problem.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have been enjoying these images for years in my MyIDE and 800XL.

I would like to request some help on the following question:

What is the easiest way to create another partition with the fresh A8 games (which are a lot and superb!!) I have downloaded and append them in the existing image?

Thank you!

Edited by Pyjamarama
  • Like 1

Seriously, is there any real reason this isn't a sticky, surely the instant goodness and help it offers outweighs any copyright altercations.

Also, would it be possible to have an area like TheZone! on the English Amiga Boards forum area where people can put up files for others to grab without cluttering up the forum with requests. Obviously it depends on space and bandwidth but the way TheZone! works is its up there for 60 days and then is taken down.

Apart from decluttering the forum it also keeps concerns about copyright out of the forum, if a post is put up and a copyright holder wants it down they just provide proof of ownership and it gets removed.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Can these work with the Ultimate SD cart?

Well, the 16MB images are ATR images, so they will not work with the Ultimate SD cart. (since it does not support ATR yet). But if you extract all files into XEX, then they will work with the Ultimate cart. (since XEX are fine).

Edited by CharlieChaplin

EDIT: CC beat me to the answer! :)

Not directly. You would need to extract the files out of the .ATRs and put them on your SD card. It might be faster to find the same games elsewhere and add them to your SD card.

The Uno cartridge boots these 16mb ATRs fine though. One minor step after booting one of these with Uno cart is turning off highspeed sio and chg disk type to Mydos.

EDIT: CC beat me to the answer! :)

Not directly. You would need to extract the files out of the .ATRs and put them on your SD card. It might be faster to find the same games elsewhere and add them to your SD card.

The Uno cartridge boots these 16mb ATRs fine though. One minor step after booting one of these with Uno cart is turning off highspeed sio and chg disk type to Mydos.

In the first message of this thread kheffington kindly provided a zip file which contains all the files of this disk compilation so there's need to extract the files from the ATRs.

Also in that zip are Hias' Reichl's dir2atr utility and a batch file which will allow you to reconstruct the ATRs with or without HSIO enabled. Run dir2atr with no parameters from Windows command prompt to view descriptions of the options. If you already have an ATR with MyPicoDOS, the game menu/loader used on kheffington's ATRs, but HSIO setting is not to your preference or you would like to add MyPicoDOS to an Atari DOS or MyDOS disk/ATR you can use another utility written by Hias, called myinit.atr, included in his MyPicoDOS 4.05 distribution.

Edited by a8isa1
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/3/2013 at 7:09 PM, biobern said:

BTW: Galaxian (Atari) does not work correctly, it crashes after some seconds of playing.

Thanks......

Yes, the actual included XEX works by itself, but not through the MyPicoDOS loader... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddtmw said:

Do these work from the sdrive max?

If you read through the thread I think you will find it does work on most SDrive type devices, I cannot say for sure what the MAX difference is.. but I think your pretty good.

DOCTOR? what do you mean update?? as in adding more that are missing?

James

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...