IGNORED

Your Atari workplace...

DarkLord

I did get to visit Toad once. Sadly, it was their closing event. I got to meet Tom Harker of ICD (he came across as a really arrogant prick, and this was before he ripped off dozens of people for hundreds of dollars, taking pre-orders for Catboxes and never delivering). I think this was back in 96. I got to play a beta version of Battlesphere, which is why I went. Spotted a typo in the intro screen which I emailed Stephanie Wukovitz about :) Awesome times indeed.

I don't recall any controversy over the Catbox; I got mine on time back then. As for Battlesphere, when did that finally come out? A decade after the console was dead? The way that game was hyped, you'd swear Jesus programmed it himself. Still never played it, and hell, I've played Tempest 3000 before on an actual Nuon.

My 1040STe.

DSCN0370.jpg

If you don't mind me obsessing over this pic, who made that cool sorta-Atari Space Age joystick?

I'm envious of the SupraDrive. I so wanted that back in the day...didn't get a hard drive until I bought the Falcon...

It's a limited edition Konix Navigator with rapid fire. The Navigator was normally black with a blue joystick and buttons. The limited edition Navigator matched the color scheme of the never released Konix MultiSystem, developed by Flare Technology, who went on to develop the Atari Panther and Jaguar.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

It's a limited edition Konix Navigator with rapid fire. The Navigator was normally black with a blue joystick and buttons. The limited edition Navigator matched the color scheme of the never released Konix MultiSystem, developed by Flare Technology, who went on to develop the Atari Panther and Jaguar.

I think that Flare guy create only Jaguar; Panther was internal Atari project for game console based on ST with adanved graphics and sound...

http://www.konixmult...&content=martin

Atari start work on Pather (video chip) before Flare guys came to Atari...

Edited by calimero

I did get to visit Toad once. Sadly, it was their closing event. I got to meet Tom Harker of ICD (he came across as a really arrogant prick, and this was before he ripped off dozens of people for hundreds of dollars, taking pre-orders for Catboxes and never delivering). I think this was back in 96. I got to play a beta version of Battlesphere, which is why I went. Spotted a typo in the intro screen which I emailed Stephanie Wukovitz about :) Awesome times indeed.

I don't recall any controversy over the Catbox; I got mine on time back then. As for Battlesphere, when did that finally come out? A decade after the console was dead? The way that game was hyped, you'd swear Jesus programmed it himself. Still never played it, and hell, I've played Tempest 3000 before on an actual Nuon.

My 1040STe.

DSCN0370.jpg

If you don't mind me obsessing over this pic, who made that cool sorta-Atari Space Age joystick?

I'm envious of the SupraDrive. I so wanted that back in the day...didn't get a hard drive until I bought the Falcon...

I remember EGM pointing out the Konix system looked like a toilet seat. And then the Jaguar with the CD-Rom looks like a toilet. Coincidence?

The Konix did look interesting back then although the CPU choice was rather lame. [wasn't it an Intel 80286?] Definitely worse than saddling the Jaguar with the Motorola 68000 instead of a 68010 or better. That joystick does looks sweet...

Edited by Lynxpro

post-32768-0-60855600-1336838803_thumb.jpg

This is my brand new (to me) and my first Atari that I saved from the the dumpster. I plan making a nicer home for it once I've had a chance to clean it up and get it all working. The guts to the left are the floppy drive which seems to be have issues (sometimes can run a program off it, but it never makes it through a format if it works at all). I'm hoping I can replace or fix it.

I'm actually pretty pleased as it looks like it's been upgraded a bit already.

post-32768-0-70435700-1336838706_thumb.jpg

This is my brand new (to me) and my first Atari that I saved from the the dumpster. I plan making a nicer home for it once I've had a chance to clean it up and get it all working. The guts to the left are the floppy drive which seems to be have issues (sometimes can run a program off it, but it never makes it through a format if it works at all). I'm hoping I can replace or fix it.

Fantastic. That 520 looks very nice nd it has 4mb in it. Very cool.

Good luck with the floppy.

Yeah, from what I can see of the specs, it has 4MB RAM but "they" never upgraded the TOS.

Define "dumpster". :)

Yeah, from what I can see of the specs, it has 4MB RAM but "they" never upgraded the TOS.

Define "dumpster". :)

Thankfully, not quite literally in the dumpster. But I got a new job recently, I expressed an interest in vintage computers and consoles to my new co-workers (I had a C128, C64, and TI-99/4A prior to this), and they unloaded this stuff on me since they were throwing things out. I got the previously pictured Atari ST, a Franklin Ace (untested), and an Amiga 2000 (untested). I also got a printer with this Atari which I haven't tried yet either, but I read that the printer renders the pages on the ST instead of the printer, so I expect this ST was used for publishing/printing or the like, in which case the memory makes sense.

I'm focused on the moment on fixing the floppy. I'm trying to swap in a different floppy drive that I modded for the ST and hope that the enclosure logic board still works fine (it was a Golden Image DS/DD disk drive). I had to order a special internal floppy power cable though since the one already in the enclosure was too short and was slightly different from what you get in an old PC.

Once/if the floppy is fixed I will try opening this up. I'm thinking I going to update the OS and I'm considering adding S-video (it's actually an STm) and getting some sort of Satandisk.