IGNORED

And Atari are moaning about copyright

Welsh Wizard

USE ACCURATE GRAMMAR!!! "And Atari IS moaning about copyright"

Before anyone starts P&Ming about America being dumbed down, why not look to your own contribution to the problem?

Holy crap wake up on the wrong side of the bed? News flash Grammar Nazi nobody cares and this is not a site trying to educate the world (outside of Atari maybe)

so please lighten the hell up.

• Like 1

Actually, the funny thing about it is that technically he is still correct in saying "Atari are". Atari is both a singular entity as a corporation and a GROUP of PEOPLE, thus meaning it can also be a COLLECTIVE NOUN, which means 'are' will work in some contexts.

• Like 7

Right or wrong, it sounds stupid in practice. It's like trying to enunciate George Lucas' dialogue. Sure, it may look good on paper, but...hair-brushing scene in Revenge of the Sith, anyone? Yikes!

Either way, it's not worth getting the ole panties bunched up over. :P

Actually, the funny thing about it is that technically he is still correct in saying "Atari are". Atari is both a singular entity as a corporation and a GROUP of PEOPLE, thus meaning it can also be a COLLECTIVE NOUN, which means 'are' will work in some contexts.

How many Ataris, exactly, might we be talking about...didn't Atari get divided up into multiple entities that legally have the right to use the word?

then, it WOULD be "Atari are", even in Proper American?

----

Or, of course, the implied:

"(Idiot lawyers at) Atari are..."

I'm not buying it. Why are they making it for left handers? :x Most of the world is right-handed. :|

. . . . because 99% of all arcade you play you use your left hand for the joystick and right for the buttons . . . same with I don't know . . . 99% of modern gaming consoles as well . . . ;)

• Like 2

I'm sure it's A****-approved--it's got their logo right on it.

I will add that it's not Reaperman-approved. Mainly because it gives A**** the money that they need to survive and feed their families, but also because this product doesn't seem worth $60. I don't think standard arcade controls are shallow enough to fit in there, and I wonder if it's just a cheap joypad with a stick on it.

I've always thought the iCade looked pretty neat though

Edited by Reaperman

USE ACCURATE GRAMMAR!!! "And Atari IS moaning about copyright"

Before anyone starts P&Ming about America being dumbed down, why not look to your own contribution to the problem?

Hey! We is do not is be dumbed down! I are sad-ed by the impli... iplicat... umm... pointy finger thingy you is be saying at us!

• Like 2