IGNORED

Help Wanted with Front Page News

Albert

I've posted requests like this in the past, but haven't gotten much traction.. So this time I'm going to up the ante a bit. I'm looking for people to write news postings for the front page, which I will then edit (if necessary) and post. Basically, here's what I've written about this in the past:

---

I don't get the opportunity to post news to the front page of AtariAge as often as I'd like. To that end, I'd like to try and enlist the aid of fellow AtariAge members who might be interested in contributing news items. This would involve writing up one to two paragraph news blurbs, an appropriate title, and (optionally) finding an appropriate image for the news posting. I would then edit the text as necessary, properly scale the image and post up the news on the front page if it's something I feel is worthy and relevant to AtariAge. I also always start up a forum topic regarding the item, if one does not yet exist.

News that I would consider relevant includes:

- New Atari 2600/5200/7800/Lynx/Jaguar homebrew releases

- Atari-related prototype discoveries/releases

- New issues of Atari-related publications (newsletters (printed or online))

- Gaming expo announcements

- Atari-related emulator announcements/updates

- New Atari-related hardware/software announcement/releases

- Major Atari Corporation-related news

And so forth. If it's classic gaming related in some fashion and has an Atari slant of any kind, then I'll consider posting it. If it's not Atari-related, I may still consider posting it, but don't feel bad if I choose not to. :)

---

Now, what I'm going to do differently this time around is if I end up using any news that you write up, I will gift you a one-month AtariAge Subscription. If you are already a subscriber, I will extend your subscription by a month.

Please PM me news items directly and I will let you know if I feel it's worthy to post on the front page, and if so, if what you've written is suitable.

Thanks!

..Al

• Like 4

I would be happy to lend a hand. We have a magazine in the UK called Retro Gamer. They have a home brew section which often contains new atari games. I could send you details and / or write up reviews etc etc. Of course nothing will be copied from the magazine, would just use it to find the new releases and their availability.

I would be happy to lend a hand. We have a magazine in the UK called Retro Gamer. They have a home brew section which often contains new atari games. I could send you details and / or write up reviews etc etc. Of course nothing will be copied from the magazine, would just use it to find the new releases and their availability.

Or you could just frequent the sites were information and releases of interest are made like AA member TMR (Retrogamer's homebrew section author) does ;).

I'm in if you need some help. I write occassionally for Tastes Like Comics and I'm a literature teacher so pm me and maybe I can put something together this weekend.

Nobody is perfect.

;)

I can't believe I did that. That is so embareassing.

On top of that, you said 'bare ass' in public. Unbelievable! :mad:

:grin:

Maybe if I spent less time playing Atari and reading comics I'd be better at my job RT... but that just isn't going to happen. I say much worse than bare ass every time I grade research papers. That's why I always take them home. No one should hear the filth I spout correcting MLA citations and pointing out unsupported logic. Mistakes happen; keeps me from being a pompous jerk to my kids when they make mistakes. That and the knowlege that at any point I could go to the student union and wipe the floor with them at Marvel Vs Capcom. Nobody wants to lose to the old man at MVC.