IGNORED

HSC Round 16 Discussion

therealbountybob

Ok after the successful Team Round last season, round 16 will be an erm....

Team Round :D

Before I put the votes up, any other (crazy) ideas are welcome ;)

We really need games with multiple startable stages if not multiple difficilty levels etc. Timings instead of scoring are nice. Alternatively could go for a bunch of regular games. Or each team suggests some. Round will last about 3 weeks so need enough action to keep people involved.

My tip is to play Kik-Start, excellent game and has 10 stages :)

We could repeat Pole Position - I know, but it's a good game and lots of people have it... I was looking at other driving games - Pitsop I (II might not be as fun to play) - could do both Pitstops.

Some ideas:

Kik Start

Pole Position

Pitstop I (/II)

Whirlinurd (5 startable stages)

Decathlon (sorry vintage joysticks)

Summer Games

Winter Olympiad

Ballblazer

Trailblazer

Rescue on Fractalus

Beach Head I & II

Way Out

LA Olympics

The Great American Cross Country Road Race

Speed Ace (did anyone play this - I'm not sure it's very good?!)

River Raid perhaps :ponder:

Smaller games with stages - Hazard Run, Olympic Skier, Equestrian...

Bunch of other little games such as Turmoil...

trbb

Also, Summer games has a lot of bugs that could cause invalid scores (I'm not swimming through concrete again)

I'm actually quite interested in this swimming through concrete thing...

Anyway, we're nearing the one year anniversary of my (failed) Ballblazer suggestion. I'll quote it to save re-typing:

Someday, can we have a Ballblazer competition? We can start playing against the computer at Droid 1 and if you win, you go to Droid 2 - and so on. Time should be set at 3:00.

You take a screenshot, showing the final score at the highest level you got to. If multiple people win on the final level, place will be determined by the time that you won. (higher time gets higher place)

Of course, it's possible for cheaters (I'm looking at you, bountybob! just kidding :D) to set the time above 3:00, but we'll just have to rely on honesty. (yeah, right)

What do you think?

Well? Eh?? (nudge, nudge.. kick, KICK!)

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

I'd vote for HERO, Spelunker, or especially Montezuma's Revenge (the one with 3 difficulty levels which, I assume, is the official version.)

Would 2nd HERO, really liked this game, although it could do with a round all to itself. Looking back through the archives I see it's been played twice before albeit a while ago

Ok after the successful Team Round last season, round 16 will be an erm....

Team Round :D

Before I put the votes up, any other (crazy) ideas are welcome ;)

We really need games with multiple startable stages if not multiple difficilty levels etc. Timings instead of scoring are nice. Alternatively could go for a bunch of regular games. Or each team suggests some. Round will last about 3 weeks so need enough action to keep people involved.

My tip is to play Kik-Start, excellent game and has 10 stages :)

We could repeat Pole Position - I know, but it's a good game and lots of people have it... I was looking at other driving games - Pitsop I (II might not be as fun to play) - could do both Pitstops.

Some ideas:

Kik Start

Pole Position

Pitstop I (/II)

Whirlinurd (5 startable stages)

Decathlon (sorry vintage joysticks)

Summer Games

Winter Olympiad

Ballblazer

Trailblazer

Rescue on Fractalus

Beach Head I & II

Way Out

LA Olympics

The Great American Cross Country Road Race

Speed Ace (did anyone play this - I'm not sure it's very good?!)

River Raid perhaps :ponder:

Smaller games with stages - Hazard Run, Olympic Skier, Equestrian...

Bunch of other little games such as Turmoil...

trbb

I remember Kik Start as being fun, used to love watching the TV programme when I was a kid

How about Rally Speedway! :)

It's a fantastic game head 2 head but does it have a score 1 player ?

Didn't Milk race suck ?! If not tell us how great it is ;) Does it have multiple stages and times ?

Remember folks were looking for games that are good for a team event :ponder:

Remember folks were looking for games that are good for a team event :ponder:

What is it with you and teams? Don't you get enough teamwork in your daily life? I've had enough teamwork to choke a horse. (a team of horses!)

I believe Mr. Burns said it best when he said:

"You see, teamwork will only take you so far. Then, the truly evolved person makes that extra grab for personal glory. Now, I must discard my teammates, much like the boxer must shed roll after roll of sweaty, useless, disgusting flab before he can win the title. Ta!"

s7img12.gif

Didn't Milk race suck ?! If not tell us how great it is ;) Does it have multiple stages and times ?

I liked it, but it's an aquired taste... Looking at it now though I don't think you can select stages so maybe not a good candidate.