IGNORED

Power Supply Issue?

IsaacSCheves

Hello all im new to this forum but not to gaming...

i recently picked up a Colecovision on ebay it when i got it out and hooked it up and put a game into it, The system comes on but all i get is a BLACK screen? the worthles hack that i bought the system wont grant me a refund or partial refund so i am on a quest to try and fix it! i got to looking at the power supply and noticed that it has 3 voltages coming out of it along with a ground so i thought of testing the volts coming out and this is what i got... PIN1 +5 VDC .9A PIN2 -5 VDC .1A PIN3 +12 VDC .3A and PIN4 is GROUND... well on pin1 +5VDC i am only getting 1.33 volts. could this be a problem as to why the system is not working? THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!

Hello all im new to this forum but not to gaming...

i recently picked up a Colecovision on ebay it when i got it out and hooked it up and put a game into it, The system comes on but all i get is a BLACK screen? the worthles hack that i bought the system wont grant me a refund or partial refund so i am on a quest to try and fix it! i got to looking at the power supply and noticed that it has 3 voltages coming out of it along with a ground so i thought of testing the volts coming out and this is what i got... PIN1 +5 VDC .9A PIN2 -5 VDC .1A PIN3 +12 VDC .3A and PIN4 is GROUND... well on pin1 +5VDC i am only getting 1.33 volts. could this be a problem as to why the system is not working? THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!

BEST question is, did the worthless hack who sold it to you say it worked??? If the listing said it worked, Ebay and Paypal will reimburse your purchase including shipping and can send it back.:roll:

I would have to guess that the Power Supply is bad, but not having the electrical knowledge of some of the above posters, I can't say for sure. If you perform a search on eBay for "ColecoVision Power Supply", you will see about 10 that are currently available... just make sure to go with one that the seller states has been tested and works as well as hopefully offering a return option in case something is wrong with it.

BTW, there is a boxed Power Supply currently available... here is the link:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208516332511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220851633251&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

As far as the US versus Canadian Power Supply, definetly try to find the Canadian version as has been stated. It's also nicer in that the power prongs aren't built into the "brick"... there are two separate wires (one plugs into the power outlet and the other plugs into the back of the ColecoVision.

Welcome to the forum!

As far as the US versus Canadian Power Supply, definitely try to find the Canadian version as has been stated. It's also nicer in that the power prongs aren't built into the "brick"... there are two separate wires (one plugs into the power outlet and the other plugs into the back of the ColecoVision.

is it the same style like a charger for a laptop?

As far as the US versus Canadian Power Supply, definitely try to find the Canadian version as has been stated. It's also nicer in that the power prongs aren't built into the "brick"... there are two separate wires (one plugs into the power outlet and the other plugs into the back of the ColecoVision.

is it the same style like a charger for a laptop?

Yes, here is a couple pics.

post-25956-0-18979000-1316052493_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-53753600-1316052499_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Oups, NIAD beat me ;)

I know English is your second language and all, but you got to be careful on how you word things! :love:

Oh! I think I understand ..... holy shit! :woozy: :lol:

Especially having that smiling & winking emoticon at the end of that statement! Holy Shit is right!

Really don't want to be known as any kind of pirate... if you know what I mean. :ahoy:

I had this problem with my power supply when i first got my Coleco PAL version.

i opened up the PS and found that there was a lot of crude on the solder joins.

i scrapped this crap off and resoldered as many points as I could.

Fired it up and it's been working perfectly ever since.

Well i got my new power supply i ordered off of eBay and my CV fired right up! but i think i have some dead controllers? i only have 2 games for the system currently Turbo and Cabbage Patch Kids, the turbo game works somewhat I can give it gas but i cannot steer the car?? and i don't think the the CPK game works cause it comes on and i get different colored screens and sound some times. i have cleaned the contacts on the game cart but still not working.... can one one give me some insite on these controllers?

-Isaac