IGNORED

Possible insane find

iglesd

Does anybody think this post is legitimate on craigslist? I responded almost immeditaley when originally posted and never got a response. I thought it was a hoax then this got posted today. Either someone got a find of a lifetime or this was a great hoax.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tag/2594431207.html

That screams fake to me . . . without pictures I just dont' believe it and all the rare titles have already sold . . . supposedly

I have a Kijiji ad in my area that's very similar, but with NES games including some pretty rare ones. Weird ad. Could be real, I don't know. If its deleted here's the text of it:

All original games listed were sold except double dribble and blades of steel. Just found other games in a box mostly colecovision and system and some different coloured nintendo games but all are wet. Will leave all outside building in white garbage bags and mark a free as I have to go back to work. Thank you for much interest over 100 emails. Sorry if I don't repond to all. Hi,

I have a few nintendo games for sale for $5 each. I have more games but they may be damaged due to recent flooding. The best ones are shown above. Other games not show are double dribble, commando, blades of steel, kid icarus, little samson, nightmare on elm street, trojan, an import game with about 150 games on it and japanese connector, karnov, jackal, action 52, contra, contra force, dash galaxy, wayne's world, snow brothers, bubble bobble, life force, flinstones, bomberman, bomberman II, swamp thing, super sprint, battletoads, and more. These ones got wet and their stickers are drying.

If you want other stuff like sega, atari and a gameboy, or board games let me know but it might be damaged. I will leave those worse off one outside of my building but would like to try and sell the other for $5 each.

Thanks.

http://windsor.kijij...QAdIdZ314194707

There's a picture with Bubble Bobble II in the ad as well.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I have a Kijiji ad in my area that's very similar, but with NES games including some pretty rare ones. Weird ad. Could be real, I don't know. If its deleted here's the text of it:

All original games listed were sold except double dribble and blades of steel. Just found other games in a box mostly colecovision and system and some different coloured nintendo games but all are wet. Will leave all outside building in white garbage bags and mark a free as I have to go back to work. Thank you for much interest over 100 emails. Sorry if I don't repond to all. Hi,

I have a few nintendo games for sale for $5 each. I have more games but they may be damaged due to recent flooding. The best ones are shown above. Other games not show are double dribble, commando, blades of steel, kid icarus, little samson, nightmare on elm street, trojan, an import game with about 150 games on it and japanese connector, karnov, jackal, action 52, contra, contra force, dash galaxy, wayne's world, snow brothers, bubble bobble, life force, flinstones, bomberman, bomberman II, swamp thing, super sprint, battletoads, and more. These ones got wet and their stickers are drying.

If you want other stuff like sega, atari and a gameboy, or board games let me know but it might be damaged. I will leave those worse off one outside of my building but would like to try and sell the other for $5 each.

Thanks.

http://windsor.kijij...QAdIdZ314194707

There's a picture with Bubble Bobble II in the ad as well.

Haha! That is great! I would drive over to get a bag, but I probably would miss all the wet carts. That would be something to see.

The number of rares in there just seems too suspicious. A couple, sure, but throwing in Tooth Protectors did it for me. Most Craigslist listings have the usual Pac-Man, Super Breakout, and Swordquest hordes. That just seems too ridiculous.

The number of rares in there just seems too suspicious. A couple, sure, but throwing in Tooth Protectors did it for me. Most Craigslist listings have the usual Pac-Man, Super Breakout, and Swordquest hordes. That just seems too ridiculous.

:thumbsup: Yep, I agree with you. Do you have any idea why someone would post this drivel on Craigslist?

:thumbsup: Yep, I agree with you. Do you have any idea why someone would post this drivel on Craigslist?

because it's craigslist.

same place you can trade a couch for a handjob.

Because they then like to chuckle at threads like this that get created. They obviously have a lot of time on their hands.

Email harvesting for some sort of classic game site spam probably. Maybe GmGvl resorting to these tactics since no one will touch the site with a 10 foot pole. :rolling:

AX

That rings true to me. I never thought of that. Not the Gamegavel part, but the classic game selling shite (site). Out of curiosity, why the downing of G.G.? I have never used them, but why the comment?

Edited by Mxyzptlk

With the economy, I could see some less-than-scrupulous resellers or sites or even local stores doing something like this as a means to reel people in and get them to buy. Might even work, to be honest. Can't blame them for being creative in this economy I guess.

With the economy, I could see some less-than-scrupulous resellers or sites or even local stores doing something like this as a means to reel people in and get them to buy. Might even work, to be honest. Can't blame them for being creative in this economy I guess.

Yep, that would be creative. Who the fuq would be that devious though?

Here is a local ad that has been running for more than a year....

"CLOSING SALE ! These and 100's of other items are being cleared at greatly reduced prices.

SNES and N64 game cartridges clean & tested, in perfect working order. Many other system games Sega Genesis, Atari PS1 and PS2 GameCube Xbox

Variety of game systems for sale, PS1, N64, GameCube etc. All gear is cleaned, tested and priced to sell !

ONLY in, the CENTER ISLE at, The Flea Market, Every SAT and SUN from 10 am till 5 pm. 1015 Barton St East, in Hamilton

on the corner of Rosslyn Ave.

Lots of other ads posted, CHECK THEM OUT ! "

He's been closing for more than a year......and consistantly bumps his ads every week. Unfortunately he has had the same dusty commons for all systems he has had for at least 3 years. I go the the same dirt mall every few weeks to check stuff out.

There is another local game store that posts ads for games and systems, and when you call he has either sold them or quotes a different (higher) price than his ads. For instance I called about a Gemini system for $65, he says it was a typo and should be $85. :(