IGNORED

Apple II series

badbrad

I was thinking about starting some sort of site for the apple II people could swap copies of their games and apps.

I mean, that stuffs mostly vaporware anyway.

just think of some of the weird stuff out there.

plenty of homebrews from way back then, I guarantee, I know I have a couple.

I for one have awesome versions of arcade games for the apple II.

Personally I have a IIe and good ole green monitor and a IIc that I run through my TV for games. :)

My old Apple IIe is still back at home along with all my floppies. I'm not sure how "collectible" they are though, but like I always say, I'll probably never break it out since AppleWIN is such an awesome, easy to use emulator (no setup, no configuration required.. NOTHING. Just double click the .exe in windows). Much to Nukey's distaste, I set it to make my monitor look monochrome green, run Bank Street Writer (or some old spreadsheet program). Set it to FULL SCREEN.. then leave it like that when I go out to lunch at work.. it scares lots of people. :)

I was thinking about starting some sort of site for the apple II people could swap copies of their games and apps.

I mean, that stuffs mostly vaporware anyway.

Oh...you mean ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/emulators/

re: Much to Nukey's distaste

No...just regarding games that ARE in color

I wouldn't mind having a nice Apple setup... one of the newer? Apple II's.

I have a Macintosh IIsi (I guess that really gets me confused with Apple II) and it's not.

Anyone have any spare Macintosh II? err.. HD's or software?

I have a HD but it doesn't have any software... gives me a floppy X on boot?

Also , if anyone is deciding to rid of their apple stuff? (i guess I only need the actual system, I already have an old apple monior and access to a lot more if needed)

Hmm, send me an email anyone with pics??

NE146...

If those floppies and system are just going to collect dust? You care to send'em my way? Maybe I have something you'd be of interested in? hmm.. I've always been interested in apple stuff but it's hard to get into other areas when your so dedicated to Atari stuff ;)

(and try to allot as much moola ca$h towards Atari only ;-)

I do however have a new iMac and I'm proud of it! (Thanks Jason... :)

Clint Thompson

:P

The Apple IIGS is my favorite computer. Mine has an Apple High Speed SCSI card, an external 350MB hard drive, a Serius 8MB RAM card, an Apple 3.5 drive controller card(for use with 1.44MB superdrive), two 5.25 drives, one AEHD+ floppy drive(works like a superdrive when used with the card) one 800k 3.5 drive, and a gravis joystick(not pictured).

I also have an Apple //c but I only use that when I feel like taking it somewhere to show it off to someone.

Hmm.. speaking of the Apple IIGS... I have an extra Apple IIGS with a 1MB RAM card, an extra AppleColor RGB monitor(specificaly for the IIGS), an extra keyboard, a spare 5.25 drive, and a spare 3.5 drive... I was going to sell it to someone else a while ago but they never got back to me... if they don't get back to me in another week this stuff will be up for grabs again.

I've got an Apple IIgs with four megs, 170 meg Focus drive, and the usual set up of floppy drives, Color Monitor, Printer, etc. Best 6502 compatible computer ever made. It rocks. I would love to get a SCSI card for it but they are too expensive on ePay.

Allan

NE146...

If those floppies and system are just going to collect dust? You care to send'em my way? Maybe I have something you'd be of interested in? hmm.. I've always been interested in apple stuff but it's hard to get into other areas when your so dedicated to Atari stuff ;)

heh Sorry dude but I'm what's known as your "classic packrat" and my vice is all my old videogame consoles, videogame magazines, computers, handhelds, or any electronic equipment I had as a kid. I'll probably never get rid of it my entire life. ;)

But anyway even if I wanted to trade them, they're 7000 miles away from me right now back at home so even if I wanted to, I couldn't do it (at least for the next 2 years or so). :P

By the way.. last plug. For all you Apple II fanatics I cannot recommend AppleWIN highly enough. It's the greatest most easy to use emulator ever. Transform your high end pc into an old Apple today! :D Get it here: http://www.jantzer-schmidt.de/applewin/

Anybody here have an Apple ][ connected with a null-modem cable to their PC to transfer files to/from???

I have a stack of Atarisoft prototype Apple ][e software that I would love to get transported over the a PC and emailed to me so I could post it all up onto the museum for people to access.

Anyone???

Curt

You can use ap2222pc.zip to transfer files from the PC printer port to the AppleII's gameport. The zipfile contains pinout diagrams to make the cable and the programs to do the transfer. You can grab it at the ftp: listed above...though I never tried it.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/apple2/faq/part20/

Contains info about null-modem connections.

You can use ap2222pc.zip to transfer files from the PC printer port to the AppleII's gameport.  The zipfile contains pinout diagrams to make the cable and the programs to do the transfer.  You can grab it at the ftp: listed above...though I never tried it.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/apple2/faq/part20/

Contains info about null-modem connections.

But, I don't own an Apple ][ :ponder:

No Shit Curt?

Haha.. that's awesome...

Can you get a hold of a cheap apple monitor for the apple II?

Dude, I'll find an apple 2, send it your way (let you do the hacking etc.) and when your done with the apple you can send back my way ;-)

(along with some copies of the atarisoft games ;)

Sounds interesting really!!

Any title names? :)

I'd love to be able to play those on a real apple anyways )I was never big on emulation(

Clint Thompson

:P

With an Apple IIgs it's really easy to transfer files to a Mac/PC and back again. You just use the AppleTalk network which is built right into every Mac and Apple IIgs. Unfortunately my IIgs OS disks are corrupt so I have to get another copy.

Allan

Wife has an apple ][, two disk drives, green monitor, printer and tons of pirated software..

And if any of you are fans of the Texas Rangers baseball team, they are signed by Kelly Dransfeldt, who happens to be the person she copied the software from..

:D

With an Apple IIgs it's really easy to transfer files to a Mac/PC and back again. You just use the AppleTalk network which is built right into every Mac and Apple IIgs.  Unfortunately my IIgs OS disks are corrupt so I have to get another copy.

Allan

You can download GS OS 6.0.1 from A2Central.com in Disk Copy format... you can use Disk Copy on an older Mac to write them to floppies... or you can have them do it and they'll send it to you on floppies.

By the way..... I have some Apple II stuff (including a IIGS and monitor) posted for sale.