IGNORED

Commode Door (C-64) 1702 Monitor

Atariman56

post-30572-0-98553200-1316205963_thumb.jpg

Works perfect, good condition physically, comes with the necessary cable to hook up to the luma-chroma or audio-video on your 800-130xe computer.

$40 plus shipping and insurance from Fl.

I will only accept U.S.P.S. money order as payment.

Contact Gary at Atariman56@msn.com

OR

Discount Video Too

3223 F. S. U.S. Hwy. #1

Ft. Pierce, Fl. 34982

772-464-0019

If you are concerned about my performance re: money orders, look and see my other offerings and see that I perform. Look towards the end of the thread to see other peoples feedback. Also look at post #15 from me at this location.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/186280-local-store-getting-rid-of-old-atari-inventory/

Edited by Atariman56

• 3 weeks later...

I got a whole commodore system with that monitor, printer, computer and a fuck ton of games for $50.

Also, you aren't basing your pricing on completed auctions. They're selling for 19.99, anything above that isn't selling.

Also (part II) your link back to some forum entry doesn't work.

Also (strike III) you spelled commodore wrong in the title.

Edited by krunchyfrog

I don't understand why I haven't sold this yet. In this condition they sell for $75-$100 on Ebay and this one comes with the Atari 8 bit cable hook up !!!!!

My suggestion would be to put it on Ebay... Most people in this forum can find one locally for less and not have to pay shipping fees (or they already have an overabundance of them)

• 2 months later...

The biggest thing why it isn't selling is the shipping costs. Being unemployed at the moment, I've been selling stuff and I've been having trouble selling ANY heavy electronics becuase shipping costs have skyrocketed in the last couple years. The only way the stuff sells is for extremely cheap to counteract shipping costs, or if free shipping is offered. The shipping costs will be more than the cost of the item you are selling.

I've encountered this with monitors and laserdisk and CED disk players becuase they are so heavy, it's like $20 to ship to an address in the same town! Much more across the country. Craigs list with local pick-up is the only way to sell these heavy items. Old Printers too.

• Like 1

I bought a Commodore 64 with everything included and it had a 1702 monitor that came with it for $40.00

And to top it off he had a 1701 monitor that worked perfectly in great condition that he threw into the deal for $3.00!

There is no way these monitors are worth $75.00-100.00, those are just the high BIN prices on Ebay

Edited by AlvinKarpis

• 3 months later...

I don't understand why I haven't sold this yet. In this condition they sell for $75-$100 on Ebay and this one comes with the Atari 8 bit cable hook up !!!!!

I don't mean to be a trouble maker but that is completely untrue, in fact you are off by a LOT. I have been collecting these for a while, I own about 6 of them. They are great monitors for gaming of any kind. I never pay more than $25-$30 for them. I usually find sellers through ebay or craig's list and make sure they are local to me so I do not have to pay shipping.

Just because you see listings on ebay with a price attached does not mean that is what people are paying. you have to actually watch auctions from beginning to end. my guess is that the auction you refer to in the $50-$75 range do not sell very often.

No one on atariage is going to pay more than $40 for one of those monitors unless it was something crazy new, like mint condition or unopened in box or something like that. this is just like every other good condition commodore monitor out there and the going price is about $30... shipping is high no matter where it goes because it will be heavy and need to be packed very well, making it even heavier.

edit: adding the cable does add value, I missed that when i first read it but still, my highest bid for one of these with the luma/chroma cable would be $35 tops. but it would have to be in immaculate condition, otherwise $25-$30

Edited by Mark Wolfe
  • Like 2

examples: 1988 COMMODORE 1084S COLOR STEREO COMPUTER VIDEO MONITOR AMIGA - NO RESERVE not the 1702 but just as good. very few 1702 on ebay right now but all you gotta do is make a saved search and wait. Vintage Commodore Color computer monitor Model 1701 watch the auctions and see for yourself what the end price is and on the other ones, the ones for high start prices, watch those and see that they will never sell for those prices. they both have "make an offer" on them. they may sel but for significantly less

• Like 1

I don't mean to be a trouble maker but that is completely untrue, in fact you are off by a LOT. I have been collecting these for a while, I own about 6 of them. They are great monitors for gaming of any kind. I never pay more than $25-$30 for them. I usually find sellers through ebay or craig's list and make sure they are local to me so I do not have to pay shipping.

Just because you see listings on ebay with a price attached does not mean that is what people are paying. you have to actually watch auctions from beginning to end. my guess is that the auction you refer to in the $50-$75 range do not sell very often.

No one on atariage is going to pay more than $40 for one of those monitors unless it was something crazy new, like mint condition or unopened in box or something like that. this is just like every other good condition commodore monitor out there and the going price is about $30... shipping is high no matter where it goes because it will be heavy and need to be packed very well, making it even heavier.

edit: adding the cable does add value, I missed that when i first read it but still, my highest bid for one of these with the luma/chroma cable would be $35 tops. but it would have to be in immaculate condition, otherwise $25-$30

I bought mine at a thrift store for $15 and it worked perfectly. It was a bit scratched up around the sides but for $15 it was well worth it. I would never pay more that $30 for one, and agreed about the shipping - it is monstrous for one of these. If I want another one I'll just wait for an AA member or ebay from California. I think his prices on the games are a bit high as well, but it's a free country. Also the no paypal thing, no title listing, call me for prices ... yada yada yada - I know it's old news but it's just not very convenient for customers, especially the AA community. This board is very 'post' friendly for pics, prices, contact, etc. and is a great way to make contacts.

Edited by jtoubeaux

it's not really resurrection if the seller bumps the thread in the marketplace and still has the thing for sale is it? I wonder if he actually reads what people post and takes the advice given. Most people here are forthcoming and honest with their advice and opinions, so much nicer than Ebay. but I suppose it's like leading a horse to water yadda yadda

• Like 1

it's not really resurrection if the seller bumps the thread in the marketplace and still has the thing for sale is it? I wonder if he actually reads what people post and takes the advice given. Most people here are forthcoming and honest with their advice and opinions, so much nicer than Ebay. but I suppose it's like leading a horse to water yadda yadda

yes, and the seller bumps both threads.

it's not really resurrection if the seller bumps the thread in the marketplace and still has the thing for sale is it?

Hahahaha! You're right! At first, I missed where he bumped his own thread. Anyway... thought someone else resurrected it as they often do here at AA. My apologies. Be interesting to see how long it takes for this to sell. :lol: