IGNORED

"Apparently it's really really rare"

Despina83

So the game store I went to yesterday had a small handful of 2600 carts. I brought a few of them to the counter and as the girl was ringing me up she pointed out a price sticker on Spiderdroid that I somehow had failed to notice. "Did you know this one is 15 dollars?" Shocked, I quickly put it back. "Yeah," she said, "apparently it's really, really rare or something." I didn't even bother to say anything, but I was thinking "jeez, it's only like a rarity 4, isn't it?" But now I see that it's actually a rarity 3. Yeah, I have a feeling that cart's going to be sitting there for a loooong time. They also had Tax Avoiders for 15 dollars, which does seem a little more in line with its value, doesn't it? But I wasn't positive how much it goes for, and I didn't feel like spending that much for one cart.

Edited by Despina83
  • Like 1

I love when shit like this happens, last time I went thrifting I came across a ton of NES games, when I asked about pricing they told me of course that everything in the cabinet was "really rare" and then proceed to ask for $30 for a copy of Super Mario Bros 2 with a torn label and a kids name written on it. Needless to say I laughed in their face and walked out the store.

Tax avoiders isn't that high. It spikes in March and April each year, but sealed copies can be had for slightly higher than they are asking. I've seen it in three local game stores, and frequently on ePay. Perhaps an R3 if we are being realistic.

Spiderdroid, should be an R2. I see it in just about every other lot of 50+ titles. It is very common.

AX

So the game store I went to yesterday had a small handful of 2600 carts. I brought a few of them to the counter and as the girl was ringing me up she pointed out a price sticker on Spiderdroid that I somehow had failed to notice. "Did you know this one is 15 dollars?" Shocked, I quickly put it back. "Yeah," she said, "apparently it's really, really rare or something." I didn't even bother to say anything, but I was thinking "jeez, it's only like a rarity 4, isn't it?" But now I see that it's actually a rarity 3. Yeah, I have a feeling that cart's going to be sitting there for a loooong time. They also had Tax Avoiders for 15 dollars, which does seem a little more in line with its value, doesn't it? But I wasn't positive how much it goes for, and I didn't feel like spending that much for one cart.

Weird question, but was that at a Play-n-trade in Grand Rapids?

Weird question, but was that at a Play-n-trade in Grand Rapids?

That it was :).