IGNORED

SID is superior to Pokey

oky2000

It is not the chip that makes the music, but the one that programs it.

A superb violin player would play a wonderfull tune on a 'garbage violin' ... while a non-violin player would not get anything nice out of a stradivarius violin.

And in my opinion it is also a matter of taste. I do not like the SID sound so very much (in my opinion most SID music sounds the same) while I adore the pokey sound.

But besides of that... another vs topic? Why would we want that here?

Greetz

M.

:sleep:

Wake up!

Just listen the Music :music:

And Albert, perhaps, thinking better, it maybe better to have this open. I think it may get us all into Guiness...

It is getting in a way that it would became the most silly, anecdote,... around the Web! We just have to try a little bit more.

But I think we are in a good way!...

By the way, did you see how's the weather in Marte today?

That's because on that weekly magazine there's also a notice/biography about David Bowie... Yeah, David Bowie and Spidey from Mars :dunce:

:lol: :o :woozy: :( :P :twisted: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :_( :-o :spidey: :music: :skull: :cool: :rolling: :roll: :yawn: :?: :ponder: :ahoy: :pirate: :party: :| :razz: :x :lust: :love: :lolblue: | :) :idea: :sad: :jango: :!: :evil: :dunce: 8) :???: :? :grin: :arrow: :mad: :D ;-) ;) :) :-D

There's no more pre-saved 'smileys' here at AA... o.k. not all because I didn't post ' :sleep: ' because I am watching you ;) !...

:grin:

Crazy Elephant, crazy Elephant,...

:arrow:

Edited by José Pereira

It is not the chip that makes the music, but the one that programs it.

A superb violin player would play a wonderfull tune on a 'garbage violin' ... while a non-violin player would not get anything nice out of a stradivarius violin.

And in my opinion it is also a matter of taste. I do not like the SID sound so very much (in my opinion most SID music sounds the same) while I adore the pokey sound.

But besides of that... another vs topic? Why would we want that here?

Greetz

M.

It's more like: Exchange the intruments of a Violin and a Piano player, and let's hear the result ;)

It's more like: Exchange the intruments of a Violin and a Piano player, and let's hear the result ;)

I actually have some sort of example for this. If you let a harpsichord count instead of the piano.

Edit: Mr. Amiga500: I vote for Locatelli.

Edited by 31336haxx0r

Yeah... silly thread.

Let's start an argument about which Baroque violin is best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-7h-TRJ2U&t=280s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3pD2bXP9w&t=28s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw1RXbm3TVU

This is suppose to be serious?

I was thinking in this:

C64 games are not real:

Because reality is in the streets, in the Roads, like this Portuguese guy:

He posted this in YouTube and it turned into a soo crazy thing that it has more than 100.000 visits, it's in all the portuguese T.Vs. and the guy even get an Add/Publicity for Portugal Telecom behind this with some crazy/Comedy 4 guys best known portuguese commediants and get lots of Money:

(This about the Fibre Web Internet acess...)

But this guy will be rich in the near future and not needed to win the Euro-Millions Lotto:

And this:

Or even with this other game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdyMAuY87G4&feature=related

When an A8 version of this Portuguese guy named 'Helio' ;-)

:P

Bach wrote the harpsichord concerto in D minor (BWV 1052) for violins at first, later on rewrote it for the harpsichord. I like both version equally, but... well, listen to both versions and tell me what you think.

Harpsichord:

Violin:

BTW, there is another version which uses neither harpsichord nor violin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34MYtpVGEWU

:D

Bach wrote the harpsichord concerto in D minor (BWV 1052) for violins at first, later on rewrote it for the harpsichord. I like both version equally, but... well, listen to both versions and tell me what you think.

BTW, there is another version which uses neither harpsichord nor violin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34MYtpVGEWU

:D

What can I say... Bach didn't know how to get POKEY in the right way!...

:thumbsdown:

Interesting, have to investigate how does it sounds Mozart's tries with POKEY...

Any reason why you deleted our PM-Session and you are not accepting PMs?

Yes, sometimes I do a cleanup of my PM box. But I'm not aware of a disappearance of the PMs in the other conversation party's PM-box. :?:

IIRC we already had e-mail contacts, so why would you still want to have PM-contacts?

Well, that's for sure. Bach absolutely sucks at 8-bit music programming.

I know this for sure... because I invented a time machine a few years ago (patent pending) and I went back to 1723 to see Herr Bach. I had with me both my 800XL and C64 - and a 1084 monitor (quite a handful).

I had a real bitch of a time trying to convince Bach I wasn't Satan, but after I explained how electronics work (also had to explain electricity, plastics, cathode ray tubes, typing and the purpose of well-commented code), Bach agreed to give it a go. When he heard the result, he pounded his fist on the table and yelled something about it sounding like "broken violin up horse's ass" (or something to that effect - my German is not very good) and called the guards to burn me as a heretic. I ran out of there so fast, I didn't even have time to ask for his autograph.

It was too risky to go back to collect my stuff. I'm sure some archaeologist will get a big surprise someday when they find the buried 8-bits.

Well, that's for sure. Bach absolutely sucks at 8-bit music programming.

I know this for sure... because I invented a time machine a few years ago (patent pending) and I went back to 1723 to see Herr Bach. I had with me both my 800XL and C64 - and a 1084 monitor (quite a handful).

I had a real bitch of a time trying to convince Bach I wasn't Satan, but after I explained how electronics work (also had to explain electricity, plastics, cathode ray tubes, typing and the purpose of well-commented code), Bach agreed to give it a go. When he heard the result, he pounded his fist on the table and yelled something about it sounding like "broken violin up horse's ass" (or something to that effect - my German is not very good) and called the guards to burn me as a heretic. I ran out of there so fast, I didn't even have time to ask for his autograph.

It was too risky to go back to collect my stuff. I'm sure some archaeologist will get a big surprise someday when they find the buried 8-bits.

Or find a nice POKEY or SID or the two niceTunes by Bach.

First feeling for a guy of his type it's certainly that... probably, because I haven't traveled in time but I think he certainly learned something because we all know that he cannot be considered a stupid guy. Did you offer him a copy of 'Mapping the Atari' or 'De Re Atari'?

For Bach better was if you offered him 'First steps in Basic'...

Problem was the Electricity... Or better saying 'no Electricity'!

Did you teach him how we get Electricity?

Edited by José Pereira

Can someone explain the psychological aspect of animosity between A and C? What are the defining characteristics that make this such a popular topic? I would like to use this in a marketing campaign for my product. You know the old adage: good or bad, publicity is publicity.

I love Bach, but he should improve his chiptune skills.

When he heard the result, he pounded his fist on the table and yelled something about it sounding like "broken violin up horse's ass" (or something to that effect - my German is not very good) and called the guards to burn me as a heretic.

"Himmel, Arsch und Zwirn! Das hört sich ja an, wie eine kaputte Geige im Arsch eines Pferdes! Seid Ihr des Teufels!? Wache! WAAACHEEEEEE!!!" :D