IGNORED

New games for 3DS

Video

Damn this site is loading slow...or it may be me uploading videos to youtube...anyhow.

I got STarfox 64 3DS and Driver Renegade. Yeah, their cool, and nobody seems to have mentioned them. Don't tell me you've all given up on the 3DS. Oh, yeah...me too....

Anyhow, Starfox is, well,Strfox 64, with better graphics than the 64 version had. Some of the effects are awesome, like the reflection on the iceworld, pretty cool. The story is all there, and while I don't know all the secret locations and such, the ones I did remember appear to all be there, so I figure the game is all there. This has a multiplayered online mode, which I know nothing about, but that might be cool to mess with sometime. It also supports the gyro thing to let you steer the ship with the system, rather than the buttons. Maybe that will work for someone, but for me, it didn't to good. Mostly using it was a lesson in futility as you wildly flopped around. Anyhow the game is awesome, if you like starfox, pick it up, if you don't like it, uh...it's the same as the 64 with 3D graphics. Oh, speaking of 3D, this is one of the few games I've run into yet, that actually seems TO 3D. Kind of hard to explain, but when you get very close to objects, like ships (like a LOT of cutscenes) it seems that bits of it come apart rather than the smoother more natural 3D of other games.

And DRiver, yeah, it's basically Driver. There's no out of the car mode, and apparently, no freeroam mode (or even cops for that matter, boo, boo hiss) Anyhow, it's still a fun game, but it's not really my type of game, and IMO isn't worth the $40 price tag. If you got a rental shop, or find it cheap in game stop, it may be worth picking up...just don't expect it to hold you very long. The 3D efffect is really good, but the city scape is rather 2Dish (if that makes any sense) The deal is, almost everything is made of really flat boxy looking stuff. Your car looks awesome, as do enemy cars, and they take damage that looks cool, well, you take damage, the enemies just kind of "pop" when they hit something. The cutscenes are comic book style, adn those are 3D too, well, not 3D but have depth to them. Great looking there, and the story, while a bit cheesy is still cool. The dude's constant talking in the game will annoy you after a while though, some of it's funny, but after a while you hear it all and it just starts to grate on you, know what I mean? Anyhow, cool game, if I had it to do over, I would have waited till I found it for $20 or something, not a bad game, not great either though. Oh yeah, this game has taht EAPass bullshit, and probably some other anal raping crap too, just to let you know.

Don't tell me you've all given up on the 3DS. Oh, yeah...me too....

I very briefly considered getting a 3DS sometime, but the more I hear about it the more I don't like it. At this point Nintendo is going to have to perform some serious magic to convince me that this thing is anything more than Virtual Boy 2.0.

I very briefly considered getting a 3DS sometime, but the more I hear about it the more I don't like it. At this point Nintendo is going to have to perform some serious magic to convince me that this thing is anything more than Virtual Boy 2.0.

I predict that in five years, I'll still be hearing this... just like I'm now still hearing people say the Wii is "just two GameCubes taped together".

And here we go again Nintendo. Picking a game from the past N64, re-edit it a little bit, slam a 40 dollar tag on in and re- re- release it.

When will Nintendo release a new game, that isn't a straight port from a old N64 game?

This is one of the reasons i din't buy a NDS or 3DS.

• Like 1

And here we go again Nintendo. Picking a game from the past N64, re-edit it a little bit, slam a 40 dollar tag on in and re- re- release it.

When will Nintendo release a new game, that isn't a straight port from a old N64 game?

I agree with the criticism of the rehashed games, and since the 3DS still has a small library - and the rehashed N64 games have already been rehashed - it seems something of a detriment. But to drag the NDS into the same category? C'mon! There are so many games you can't count them all. And yes, the rehashed N64 stuff is in there. :)

And DRiver, yeah, it's basically Driver. There's no out of the car mode, and apparently, no freeroam mode (or even cops for that matter, boo, boo hiss)

I was a HUGE fan of the original Driver and Driver 2. By the time Driver 3 (excuse me, I mean Driv3r) came out, I was getting that kind of fix from Grand Theft Auto. The "get out of the car" business didn't really appeal to me, because I wanted to......DRIVE......in a game called "Driver." So if they were to remove the GTA modes, that'd be fine with me, since that market is saturated with clones, and many fewer excellent driving games.

BUT "NO COPS?" Wow, man, deal-breaker there. In the original games, the cops were the best part, even in the mini-games. :thumbsdown:

While you got a point there, it's only rehashed for the ones of you who know the original or other rehashed versions. This is my first Starfox game simply because I didn't own anything else Nintendo before the 3ds but the original Gameboy and the GBA. Don't remember to have encountered Starfox on any of these. I'm sure I'm not the only one who learns about the old franchises this way. Same goes for Zelda. Couldn't be bothered with anything Zelda until the 3DS. And what a great game it is. And yes, the 3D is a major feature and draw for me.

And here we go again Nintendo. Picking a game from the past N64, re-edit it a little bit, slam a 40 dollar tag on in and re- re- release it. When will Nintendo release a new game, that isn't a straight port from a old N64 game? This is one of the reasons i din't buy a NDS or 3DS.

Yeah, this is going to be a rough gen for me in terms of handhelds. Remakes are right down there with emulation as far as I go. I buy new systems to play new games, and I played starfox 64 out a long time ago. Outside of a few gems, I was never a huge n64 fan either, and had hoped that the original DS would be the last I'd see of rehashes from it.

Does 3ds even have rumble? That was the 'big deal' on starfox 64 from the start, and a couple brief searches seem to indicate that the system is without.

Edited by Reaperman

November.

What about November?

November.

What about November?

I think Rex is talking about the release of Super Mario 3D Land :)

November.

What about November?

Serious magic is due.

November.

What about November?

I think Rex is talking about the release of Super Mario 3D Land :)

November.

What about November?

Serious magic is due.

Aha! :) Thanks for that. Now that could be some good news for 3DS. I guess they are holding out for the Holiday season.

I don't really object to not walking in Driver, but it did add something to be able to switch cars to me, but as chaotic as this game is, you'd get run over as soon as your toe got out of the car anyways so :P But yeah, for me no cops was a MAJOR deal breaker.

I got Starfox as well. Driver interests me, too. Starfox is really neat and nice. The 3D is a great addition to this game. Why do you assume people already have given up on the 3DS? Great gams in the pipeline.

LOL, yeah, it's just the lack of talking about it. (I was surprised I was the first to post about starfox, I mean, it is new, but not a just now release)

The big "N" could certainly use some hit games.

From this page: Companies Where Employees are Losing Hope:

6. Nintendo's once nearly insurmountable lead in the video console sector has been lost, and its sales have fallen further and further behind rivals Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT - News) and Sony (NYSE: SNE - News). The rise of the Google (NASDAQ: GOOG - News) Android operating system has also encouraged video game publishers to make more products that run on that platform. The 2010 market share of Nintendo DS fell from 70% in 2009 to 57%. Nintendo's growth has also been damaged by the rise of the iPad and iPhone. The future is even grimmer. "iSuppli predicts Nintendo will sell 70 million 3DS gaming systems by 2015, a figure that is 21 million less than the 91 million in sales racked up by the original DS at the same point in its sales cycle," according to the Unofficial Apple Weblog. Nintendo announced an unexpected quarterly loss on July 28, and its shares plunged 20%. The stock is down from a 52-week high of 26,780 yen to 11,850 yen. In late 2007, shares reached 80,000 yen.

I don't really object to not walking in Driver, but it did add something to be able to switch cars to me, but as chaotic as this game is, you'd get run over as soon as your toe got out of the car anyways so :P But yeah, for me no cops was a MAJOR deal breaker.

I got Starfox as well. Driver interests me, too. Starfox is really neat and nice. The 3D is a great addition to this game. Why do you assume people already have given up on the 3DS? Great gams in the pipeline.

LOL, yeah, it's just the lack of talking about it. (I was surprised I was the first to post about starfox, I mean, it is new, but not a just now release)

If you refer to these forums, I find that there are plenty of old threads still showing in Modern Gaming due to lack of plenty new ones (xbox 360 for example). Does this mean, people have given up on xbox?

Okay, seriously, I can see that the 3DS isn't getting that much love these early days and I was surprised by the slow launch that I already feared a total flop. Nevertheless, I bought it, I bought some good games on day 1 and some medicore ones. I'm buying better games these days and hoping for a great holiday season in terms of really new games and not any rehashed versions (but then, as I said, to me they are mostly all new). I mean, the system is growing on me as are the games and features. I also can see that some people I hand over my system to explore Zelda or other games turn off the 3D while for me it's why I bought the system.

The big "N" could certainly use some hit games.

From this page: Companies Where Employees are Losing Hope:

6. Nintendo's once nearly insurmountable lead in the video console sector has been lost, and its sales have fallen further and further behind rivals Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT - News) and Sony (NYSE: SNE - News). The rise of the Google (NASDAQ: GOOG - News) Android operating system has also encouraged video game publishers to make more products that run on that platform. The 2010 market share of Nintendo DS fell from 70% in 2009 to 57%. Nintendo's growth has also been damaged by the rise of the iPad and iPhone. The future is even grimmer. "iSuppli predicts Nintendo will sell 70 million 3DS gaming systems by 2015, a figure that is 21 million less than the 91 million in sales racked up by the original DS at the same point in its sales cycle," according to the Unofficial Apple Weblog. Nintendo announced an unexpected quarterly loss on July 28, and its shares plunged 20%. The stock is down from a 52-week high of 26,780 yen to 11,850 yen. In late 2007, shares reached 80,000 yen.

70 million is not as good as 91 million but from 70 million sold units a lot of $$$ can and will be made. While market share is nice and neat, it's not that Apple or Sony or Android have to loose in order for Nintendo to win. If 3DS gaming were to become a niche, it's rather a roomy one with 70 millions. I for one gave up very quickly on igaming due to the bugged crap I was getting for $0.99 or even for free.

Edited by Paul Humbug

70 million is not as good as 91 million but from 70 million sold units a lot of $$$ can and will be made. While market share is nice and neat, it's not that Apple or Sony or Android have to loose in order for Nintendo to win. If 3DS gaming were to become a niche, it's rather a roomy one with 70 millions. I for one gave up very quickly on igaming due to the bugged crap I was getting for $0.99 or even for free.

But the stock price is at about 15% of what it was 4 years ago, and less than half of the 52-week high is bad.

Maybe, but I looked at the page, and there are three posts that mention GBA in the title, and one that mentions GBC (and a couple that mention xbox, for that matter) before the next post that mentions 3DS in the topic :P Granted, I'm one of the few that's in a hole at the moment, waiting for any good games to come out, the next one I have planned for the 3DS is like Mario land 3D (nice to see Mario land finally coming back LOL ) and Skyrim for the 360. :lol:

Star fox Command
Thank god, I thought I was the only one who absolutely hated that game. *kills self*