IGNORED

Buy with PayPal - possible?

BL!

Hey forum!

I would like to buy a Harmony cartridge.

From what I can tell by looking at the ordering page, there is no PayPal option and when you try to pay by credit card you have to create a Google account(!), is this true or did I miss something?

Is there any other way to order the Harmony cartridge? The AtariAge store does not seem to stock it and I would rather not like to create a Google account since I do all my transactions with PayPal (which I've found to be easy and secure since way back).

Also tried looking at Ebay as well but there isn't any sellers there offering the Harmony..

TIA!

I suggest you contact the author directly.

Not a bad idea.

Is there any other way to order the Harmony cartridge? The AtariAge store does not seem to stock it and I would rather not like to create a Google account

I'm glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I went to order one the other night and the site took me to that Google Pay crap. That's when I decided I didn't need one. Do I really need to start another account just to pay for stuff? I mean, my Paypal is loaded up at the moment. I was ready to pay and just sit bad and wait on the magic. I instead went and got in line for an Ultimate 1541. Money easily well spent. My c64 is sitting on my desk after all, not my 7800.

B

I need some money in Paypal actually as one of my suppliers takes it exclusively and I will be placing a major order with them in a little while. So stay tuned and I will make this possible in a few days. But PLEASE don't all rush in to buy at once though as that happened when Harmony was first released and Paypal freaked out and locked up my account.

• Like 1

You must be one of the few people in the world who can be proud to say that PayPal suspended their account because they were getting too much money too quickly. ;)

On NA, pretty much every person who moves over $200 a month it seems has got their account put on lock down, or have now had their cash withheld from them. It's only a matter of time before it happens to you, paypal is just out to screw with people today.

You must be one of the few people in the world who can be proud to say that PayPal suspended their account because they were getting too much money too quickly. ;)

On NA, pretty much every person who moves over $200 a month it seems has got their account put on lock down, or have now had their cash withheld from them. It's only a matter of time before it happens to you, paypal is just out to screw with people today.

Hmm, do not you think you're a little naive now? I mean, what would they gain by making it difficult for people to make their transfers when that is the whole idea of ​​PayPal. I have had PayPal from the beginning and have never had any problems with them and I have also transferred large sums of money both ways. PayPal (and other services) are there to make money and they have to make it as easy as possible while still being safe otherwise someone else will take over the top spot.

Hmm, do not you think you're a little naive now? I mean, what would they gain by making it difficult for people to make their transfers when that is the whole idea of ​​PayPal. I have had PayPal from the beginning and have never had any problems with them and I have also transferred large sums of money both ways. PayPal (and other services) are there to make money and they have to make it as easy as possible while still being safe otherwise someone else will take over the top spot.

Well, I have heard of multiple people complaining about PayPal already. And it is not good to have a monopole anyway, since that prevents competition. So supporting an alternative is IMO a good idea in general.

If I would ever have serious problems with PP, I would stop using it too. How about you?

I've never had a problem either, the question is more the number of transactions to me -- if I recall, there were several daily transactions from people legitimately buying Harmony carts, and PayPal somehow flagged it with a concern that it was fraudulent activity. I can understand why they'd do that, but weren't there also some odd details that made no sense in what they did?

I've used PayPal for years (even have their Mastercard) and they've been nothing but great for me, so I've never understood what their criteria is for flagging accounts and limiting them. There were several times mine should have been limited but it wasn't, it's very strange!

I've never had a problem either, the question is more the number of transactions to me -- if I recall, there were several daily transactions from people legitimately buying Harmony carts, and PayPal somehow flagged it with a concern that it was fraudulent activity. I can understand why they'd do that, but weren't there also some odd details that made no sense in what they did?

I've used PayPal for years (even have their Mastercard) and they've been nothing but great for me, so I've never understood what their criteria is for flagging accounts and limiting them. There were several times mine should have been limited but it wasn't, it's very strange!

Your account may have been flagged but whoever was looking at it didn't find anything unusual. A former Paypal employee told me that they have weights for certain criteria and if they exceed a certain threshold, they will look at your account. Particularly strong weights are assigned to certain "magic numbers" for a daily take and overall balance As for mine. I don't know what they found unusual about my account but I did have multiple transactions with Asian companies, no official website, my account didn't have any information about what I was selling, and it was recently upgraded to a merchant account.

It really wasn't so much that they limited the account but that they took so long to remedy the situation and handled it so poorly. I complied with all of their requests, some of which I felt were absurd, and even when they requested the same information multiple times. I had to get really nasty with them to finally get them to do something.

So Paypal, if you're reading this, I'm giving you another chance. Don't fuck it up.

• 3 weeks later...