IGNORED

HSC8 *Team* Round 16 Multi Game Bonanza

therealbountybob

If you are up for playing some fun classic Atari games please post here and say so. EVERYONE WELCOME TO TAKE PART :thumbsup: If you're reading this after the round has started you can still play, just post a score or two and I'll sort things out :)

Play starts Friday 23rd Sept & finishes on 31st Oct (10am GMT). A month to play!

Ok folks, I see a few of you are chomping at the bit so....

Wecome to the High Score Club's annual Team Event (well I ran one last year so I guess that makes it annual?!) Firstly, everyone is welcome to join in, even if the contest has already started, just post a score for something and I'll sort out a team for you… We have a bunch of top classic Atari games plus a few smaller games so there should be something everyone can get stuck into. Not all players have to play all the games. If anyone needs any help, at all, just post or contact me directly.

Downloads: I've put together a couple of disks with all the games, Lode Runner is a boot disk on its own:

Disk A – (Mydos/mypicoDOS)

HSC8Round16-DiskA.ATR

Ball Blazer, Leaderboard Golf, Pitstop, Serpentine

Disk B – (Mydos/mypicoDOS)

HSC8Round16-DiskB.ATR

Beam Rider, Crazy Clown Jumper, Kik-Start, Pacific Coast Highway, Roundabout, River Raid, Turmoil

Disk C – Lode Runner (Brøderbund version)

HSC8Round18-DiskC-LodeRunner.atr

a8 posted atarimax cart files :thumbsup:

Team details & Scoreboard on Post #2

Game details & Rules on Post #3

Games scoreboards start on Post #4

Read the rules for each game before playing :!:

Please post scores as you go (even if they are low!) to keep things interesting. Screen shots are optional (but preferred). If team captains can keep an eye on their scores and post a summary every so often it will be appreciated.

Good Luck everyone and Have Fun… LETS PLAY some ATARI!

Scoring

The winners of each game/race/series score 5 Team Points, 4pts for 2nd, 3 for 3rd 2 for 4th and 1 for 5th+ place.

For each game place points are awarded, e.g. if 6 play, 1st=6pts, 2nd=5pts...these are totalled by team, then awarded Team Points [sounds complex but it'll make sense]. Making a maximum total of 236 points maximumishithinkdontholdmetothatnoididntswearreaditagainifyoudontbelieveme :ponder:

In the event of a tie the best score / most team wins will decide the rankings.

The Winning Team's members each score a whopping 32 HSC points. 2nd place 24pts, 3rd place 20pts, 4th 16pts 5th 12pts, 6th 10pts… Plus each team gets a bonus of 10% of their Team Points, so every point counts.

The Games, Rules, Instructions & Tips

Pitstop [6 Races]

Max 2 Races each – After each race post $ purse & times from Race Results screen. Use joystick to set game options. [no pause key, but waits on the Race Results screens for you to press fire] Fire or up to accelerate, down to brake. To refuel/change tyres pull into the pit lane after the start of each lap.

Race A – 9 laps Pro - Single Kyalami [changed]

Race B – 9 laps Pro - Single St.Jovite

Race C – 6 laps Semi Pro - Mini circuit

Race D – 9 laps Semi Pro - Mini circuit

Race E – 6 laps Pro – Mini Circuit

Race F – 9 laps Pro – Grand Circuit

Kik-Start [10 Races]

Max 3 Races each – Courses 1 & 5 are easiest; generally harder towards 8. Practice on course 0. [space = Pause] – use at end of go to get scores. Pull left at start to get a boost! Fire=jump, left=brake, right=accelerate. You need to be at the right speed for the obstacle you are on. Tip: The back wheel is all you need to worry about. Up=Wheelie (need this to land on some slopes). Press Option to set the courses.

Race A 125 [changed]

Race B 123

Race C 145

Race D 167

Race E 248

Race F 263

Race G 357

Race H 468

Race I 278 [changed]

Everyone

Race J 112 345 678 must be played in 1 session

1 HSC point for winner

Ball Blazer [3 Series]

Press space to load; press Option for the settings screen: Use Option and Select to adjust the time and players. Pushing the ball into the goal 1pt, shooting a goal 2pts, over the horizon goal 3pts. Fire to tackle opponents droid. [space = Pause]. Post scores for each match e.g. "Series A beat Droid #1 6-4 or 10-0 with 1min 5.2sec left"

Series A [Triple Team Points]

Max play 3 Droids each (#of wins) ties will be decided by # points scored

Droid 1 – 9 mins

Droid 2 – 7 mins

Droid 3 – 5 mins

Droid 4 – 5 mins

Droid 5 – 3 mins

Droid 6 – 3 mins

Droid 7 – 3 mins

Droid 8 – 3 mins

Droid 9 – 3 mins

Series B

Everyone

Droids 1-9, 3 minute matches

IMPORTANT: If you lose a match you are O. U. T… OUT and must restart from Droid 1.

1 HSC point for best, plus 2 HSC points for beating all 9 droids.

Series C

Everyone

Droids 1-9, 1 minute matches

If you lose a match you are OUT and must restart from Droid 1.

1 HSC point for best, plus 2 HSC points for beating all 9 droids

River Raid [4 Raids]

4 Team Players – each doing one raid

Raid A – Start on Bridge 1

Raid B – Start on Bridge 5

Raid C – Start on Bridge 20

Raid D – Start on Bridge 50

Bonus Challenges: Everyone [no team scoring] 1 HSC point – Highest score from Bridge 1. 3 HSC points & 10 Team Points for first player in each team to destroy Bridge 50 (reaching 51+) from the start (others score 5 Team Points.) [changed]

Lode Runner [Triple Team Points]

Everyone

Bonus Points: 5 Team Points for highest team score. 1 HSC point for highest score + 1 HSC point for beating HSC record. +3 HSC points for completing the game (beating level 150)

If you get walled in press Control-A to abort the man. As the game can take a long time to play, Atari users may take a screen shot with 5+ men left, end their go, then in another session continue by pressing Control-U to level up to the screen you were on. (Emulator users can save a session). Combine the scores. No cheating!

[Esc = Pause, Return shows Hi-Score Table]

Leaderboard Golf [4 Rounds]

Everyone

18 Holes - You can play each round more than once.

*Professional – If you’ve played this more than once before or are one of the better HSC players

*After Round 1 you may switch to Amateur if your score is over +18, no sandbagging!

Amateur – If you’re one of the reasonably good players (HSC top 10! Link)

*Novice – If you are new to the game or outside the HSC top 10

*After Round 1 you must switch to Amateur if your score is -9 or under

PracticePlay a couple of holes to get the hang of the controls. [Esc=abort]

Controls: Up/Down choose club, left/right aim, Hold fire to swing, release fire at top of left POWER bar, press fire again in middle of bottom SNAP bar for a straight shot (doesn’t apply on novice).

Tips: 1W goes the furthest (~270 yards) down to PW (~80 yards). Putting: left/right aim, hold fire and release at correct power! Adjust aim and power for slope. To read slope (Am/Pro) and wind (Pro), think of pole on top of hill and the 2nd line shows direction, length of line indicates severity. Finally; as you can always hit the ball perfectly there's no advantage to hitting a long shot if it means taking risks !

Round 1 - Course 1

Round 2 - Course 2

Round 3 - Course 3

Round 4 - Course 4

Bonus Points: 1 HSC point for lowest score on each round (we now officially have the AtariAge Low Score Contest – I’ll tee that one up for someone!)

Six Mini Games: [Double Team Points]

Each game Three Team Players

Beam Rider

Intense Shooter - Fire to shoot. Push up to use a missle though best save them for the end of each level!

Press 1 (1-4) after loading for the number of players, then press 1 again for difficulty.

Bonus Challenge - Everyone [no team scoring] Highest score on difficulty 3. 1 point Team bonus and 1 HSC pt

Crazy Clown Jumper

Collect the lovely $$$. Takes a little while to work out the controls so don’t be put off: fall off or use fire & left/right to jump across a small gap, or fire & diagonal (up & left/right) to jump over a large gap. Level up by crossing to the other platform and back for 500pts.

Pacific Coast Highway

Not another racing game, yes that’s right! Excellent Frogger clone by Ron Rosen. Also especially great fun in two player simultaneous mode (option) [Esc = pause]

Roundabout

Shooter, not played it before but looks nice.

Serpentine

Nor this one... Bite the enemy worm serpent's tail; frogs and other things that appear are tasty bonuses [select = pause & Shows Hi-Score Table] Hey this game needs 8k to run :cool: Good tips in the atarimania review.

Turmoil

Shoot left and right, collect the rings before they go mad. Not sure if that loading picture was part of the original game but I’m sure Mr.Amiga500 will like to be reunited with his old friend! [Option = pause]

Most emulators use F2-F4 for Start, Select and Option

That is all… for now!

trbb

Bob, is each team restricted to just the nominated members playing the first four games or can we all have ago and then put together our best three/four players for each game?

I didn't think everyone would want to play all the games... however I'll allow a couple of weeks of shenanigans for teams to sort things out :!: as long as the team captains keep things in order tha's ok ;-)

Bob, is each team restricted to just the nominated members playing the first four games or can we all have ago and then put together our best three/four players for each game?

I didn't think everyone would want to play all the games... however I'll allow a couple of weeks of shenanigans for teams to sort things out :!: as long as the team captains keep things in order tha's ok ;-)

I'd suggest letting everyone take a whack who wants to, then just take the top N for the contest.

Probably a little late for suggesting a contest format, so let's just say I'm putting my idea out there for the NEXT team competition.

I'd like to see these things weighted 50:50. That's 50% team skill and 50% individual skills.

For example,

a) Every player plays every game at the same level. Total scores become the team scores for each game.

b) Now divide the games up. each player taking an equal share of the games. Add extra games to make the multiples come out right. (I think extra games are better than adding difficulty levels)

Edited by a8isa1

Nice :music: roadrunner!

Kik-Start Game J (the individual one but it still has team points):

16:58 23:98 34:12 77:68

42:68 27:06 16:62 86:36

22:24 46:06 33:94 102:24

Total erm (returns from calc) 266:28

Also played Lode Runner - not played it for years - got to level 11 score 88,450 :)

post-19705-0-99277600-1316880650.jpg

post-19705-0-86911600-1316880679.jpg

post-19705-0-33423800-1316880686.jpg

I didn't think everyone would want to play all the games... however I'll allow a couple of weeks of shenanigins for teams to sort things out :!: as long as the team captains keep things in order tha's ok ;-)

I'd suggest letting everyone take a whack who wants to, then just take the top N for the contest.

Sounds good to me

A couple of rounds of golf:

Course 1, Amature: +16

Couse 1, Novice: -15

Nice work matey :thumbsup: I think you should play on Amateur (or Pro if you get bored)... I'll have a thwack of the balls tomorrow... What! no emoticon for that :mad:

Had a go on Serpetine, not sure what exactly is going on but got a respectable 6,100 after a few goes... Will take a bash at Pitstop tomorrow too.

post-19705-0-02924300-1316905546.jpg

I've added the atarimania links on to Post #3 if anyone wants to read the proper instructions... they make the games sound pretty amazing so you can then use even more imagination (or some rum) for the full gaming experience ;-)