IGNORED

Retro Gaming Revolution (Free Entry Event)

Jag_Slave

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=248880938472846

Here is the Facebook event page. Happens next weekend, OCT 1st!

Will be a few exclusives there including a new Jaguar game demo.

retrorevolution.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retro Gaming Revolution is a retro gaming event being held at The Red Lion in Chelmsford, Essex on Saturday 1st October 2011 and the doors open at Midday. The Pubs Postcode is CM2 0AA. There are two pubs called The Red Lion in Chelmsford, so please make sure you come to the right one :-)

I am also pleased to announce that the event will be featuring Atari User Live (http://www.atariuser.com/). There will be one or two tables full of Atari systems including an Atari 7800 and Atari Jaguar CD.

For those drinking and staying down, the cheapest and closest hotel is:http://www.southlodgehotelchelmsford.co.uk/ and not too far away is:http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/info?hotelId=384 and for those with more money, another close hotel is: http://www.miamihotel.co.uk/

COMPETITION INFO:

15:00 - Racing Game Competition - Sega Saturn

16:00 - Fighting Game Competition - Panasonic Q

17:00 - Shoot-Em-Up Competition - Atari Jaguar - Gorf

18:00 - Retro Homebrew Competition - Atari 2600

18:45-19:00ish - Prize Giving Ceremony

TRANSPORT INFO:

By Air

The nearest major airport is Stansted Airport and is 19 Miles from Chelmsford. There are two bus services which run between Stansted Airport and Chelmsford. The Stansted Aircoach X30 which costs £12.50 for a return ticket and Local service bus 42A, which also stops close to The Red Lion.

By Rail and Bus

The nearest train station is Chelmsford, with trains departing London Liverpool Street on a regular basis. The train station is 15 Minutes walk to The Red Lion and also has a never-ending supply of Taxis. It can also be reached from the train station by bus, with the bus stops and bus station located directly next to the train station. The nearest bus stop is called Chelmsford Queen Street and is 5 stops away, and stops just past The Red Lion going out of Chelmsford, and just before The Red Lion when going towards Chelmsford.

The buses which stop at Chelmsford, Queen Street are:

14 or 15 Bus towards Wickford, Railway Station from Stand 10.

32 Bus towards Ongar, Two Brewers from Stand 11.

42 or 42A Bus towards Galleywood, West Lawn from Stand 11.

100 Bus towards Lakeside, Bus Station (via Basildon) from Stand 5.

351 Bus towards Brentwood, Railway Station from Stand 5.

For national rail enquiries, please go to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ or call 08457 484950. For local bus and information please go tohttp://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/essex/ or call 08456 020121.

By Car

The venue is 10 minutes from the A12 and can easily be accessed via Junctions 15, 17 or 19. Due to the close proximity of the town centre and Moulsham Road (a popular one-way shopping road leading from the town centre) all of the surrounding roads have 1 hour and resident permit parking only restrictions, with strict enforcement. There is however a public car park just across the road from the venue called “Moulsham Street Mixed Stay Surface Car Park” which is a pay and display car park which can be paid with coins or credit/debit card (minimum payment £3.90). The postcode given for the car park is CM2 0LG, although this can be inaccurate and I recommend you follow signs for Moulsham Street Car Park and view the Chelmsford Car Parking Map: http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/media/pdf/r/s/1686573_Chelmsford_Parking_090407.pdf and look for car park 25 on grid G8. The Red Lion is located in grid F9 on the corner on New London Road and Anchor Street.

Car Park Tariffs:

Saturday and Sunday (08:00-23:59):

Not Exceeding 1 Hour: Free

Not Exceeding 2 Hours: £1.70

Not Exceeding 3 Hours: £2.40

Maximum Stay: £3.90

Evening (17:00-23:59): £1.00

Systems planned to be in attendance include:

Sega Megadrive, Sega Master System, Nintendo NES, Nintendo SNES, Microsoft XBox, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, NEC TurboGrafx, Panasonic Q, Commodore 64, BBC B Micro, Pong System, Sony PS1, MAME and lots of different Atari Systems!

• Like 1

Unless theres a game launch that I dont know about... I know for sure there will be a demo (if all goes well.)

From the Facebook group :

Kieren Hawken Its confirmed now we will have the world exclusive of a brand new Jaguar game at the show, very exciting stuff!!!

Truth falling short of the claims, how unusual :/

Hope the event goes well, be interesting to see what is being demo'd/released on the Jag, more new stuff on the Jag is always a good thing. I can't make this show, got enough things on my plate as it is, R3play and trying to get my own release complete ready for e-Jagfest in November.

Have fun and send pics back to all those who are attending :)

• Like 2

Unless theres a game launch that I dont know about... I know for sure there will be a demo (if all goes well.)

From the Facebook group :

Kieren Hawken Its confirmed now we will have the world exclusive of a brand new Jaguar game at the show, very exciting stuff!!!

Truth falling short of the claims, how unusual :/

Hope the event goes well, be interesting to see what is being demo'd/released on the Jag, more new stuff on the Jag is always a good thing. I can't make this show, got enough things on my plate as it is, R3play and trying to get my own release complete ready for e-Jagfest in November.

Have fun and send pics back to all those who are attending :)

Well a world exclusive of a new game isn't saying its a full game launch, just an exclusive (aka, being only at that show) of a new game. Im sorry if there is any confusion. And I'm happy to clarify. Its just a jaguar demo at a free show, a world exclusive one for that event.

Believe me if I were launching a full game release- it wouldn't just be at a show, I would make news right here on AA/JS2/Etc as well, and be showing screens or vids.

Er no, not at all, as it isn't my game, little Kev.

I was referring to your post above "Excellent, we'll be taking lots of pics."

And 'little kev'...seriously? That's what we can expect from the editor of the World's Only Monthly Atari Magazine is it? Nice.

I guess the Propola virus has spread further than I thought, but at least you earned yourself a vitrual handjob from Stevo for that one, big up yerself yer sofcun yer.

And 'little kev'...seriously? That's what we can expect from the editor of the World's Only Monthly Atari Magazine is it? Nice.

I guess the Propola virus has spread further than I thought, but at least you earned yourself a vitrual handjob from Stevo for that one, big up yerself yer sofcun yer.

Ha, you know I love you really.

Seriously, you need to maybe concentrate less on the schoolyard back and forth with the "Kizza" and "Propola" stuff , and stop being so paranoid. Your being so paranoid makes me paranoid about your paranoia. This thread was about the Retro Revolution event which has gone rather well. These sort of events need to be supported, and not get their related threads hijacked by attempts at "oneupmanship".

If I can make it to Replay, we'll have a few pints and then see which one is the "sofcun" who ends up leaving the bar for a pee first. :-D

Here is a screenshot of the new Jaguar game that was to have been demoed at Retro Revolution & Atari User Live!

Events beyond everyone's control meant that things didn't quite go to plan, but here is a teaser screenshot so everyone can see what is in the works, and hopefully the talented people behind this most secretive of secretive projects will now stand up and take a bow :)

A big :thumbsup: to all those that continue to code for and support the Atari Jaguar.

post-3231-0-40045700-1317585762_thumb.jpg

Ha, you know I love you really.

Seriously, you need to maybe concentrate less on the schoolyard back and forth with the "Kizza" and "Propola" stuff , and stop being so paranoid. Your being so paranoid makes me paranoid about your paranoia. This thread was about the Retro Revolution event which has gone rather well. These sort of events need to be supported, and not get their related threads hijacked by attempts at "oneupmanship".

If I can make it to Replay, we'll have a few pints and then see which one is the "sofcun" who ends up leaving the bar for a pee first. :-D

Kev isn't at Replay, but I look forward to seeing you there! So are you gonna say what the game was? I just find it strange that bigging it up to be there & then a wall of silence :? I'm sure people on whatever forum are interested to hear about it???

Here is a screenshot of the new Jaguar game that was to have been demoed at Retro Revolution & Atari User Live!

Events beyond everyone's control meant that things didn't quite go to plan, but here is a teaser screenshot so everyone can see what is in the works, and hopefully the talented people behind this most secretive of secretive projects will now stand up and take a bow :)

A big :thumbsup: to all those that continue to code for and support the Atari Jaguar.

post-3231-0-40045700-1317585762_thumb.jpg

SO it wasn't there after all??? Glad I went to play golf instead :P When was the Atari User show then? Did I miss it? Don't remember hearing anything concrete about it!

Kev isn't at Replay, but I look forward to seeing you there! So are you gonna say what the game was? I just find it strange that bigging it up to be there & then a wall of silence :? I'm sure people on whatever forum are interested to hear about it???

If I can make replay will be cool to hook up and have a chat. Screenshot has been posted above, probably did it as you were doing your reply. There was every intention of demoing the game at the event but for reasons beyond everyone's control it didn't go to plan - nobody's fault at all.

If I can make replay will be cool to hook up and have a chat. Screenshot has been posted above, probably did it as you were doing your reply. There was every intention of demoing the game at the event but for reasons beyond everyone's control it didn't go to plan - nobody's fault at all.

Interesting shot, but doesn't give a lot away, but I'm gonna guess it is Lights out. I'll be hanging round the Atari bit of replay, so see you there!