IGNORED

ColecoVision/Adam Super Donkey Kong and Super DK Junior CIB for the Adam

RelliK111

post-27857-0-10598200-1317426488_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-44403700-1317426641_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-69128000-1317426664_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-75384500-1317426682_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-10151700-1317426368_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine showed me these games he was selling and I have never seen a box like this before for the Colecovision Adam. I was blown away!! I had to have them! He was going to put it up on ebay and was wanting kind of a lot. I saw that NIAD has them both listed as R7 but I don't know if that is with a box or not. Well after thinking about it all night I said screw it and got them. I hope I got a good deal but either way I love them. He said he had a Zaxxon one but he already sold that one :_(

Anyways I hope you guys like the pictures :grin:

• Like 4

Great buy... no matter what you paid as those games CIB are impossible to find nowadays especially in the prestine condition they are in. They have shown up without the box on eBay from time to time, but never with the boxes. I actually need to increase the Rarity Rating of those two games to at least an R8, if not an R9.

eColeco might still have Super Zaxxon CIB for I think $10 or $15 but then there are shipping & other fees they tack on.

BTW, those are the only three ADAM games that Coleco released in those arcade cabinet style boxes.

• Like 1

Well that makes me feel really good ;-) If your curious Niad you can PM me and I'll let you know, but I don't want to post it just in case I got a really really good deal and he reads it. He's a super cool guy and I really wouldn't want to upset him if that was the case. Also do you know if there is a rarity guide or even a list with box pics of all the Taiwan Cooper Black games for the colecovision? I would love to see what all the boxes look like. I have 5 boxed games and I love the box art on them so I would love to see what the rest look like.

I looked at ecoleco.com if that's the site you where talking about. I saw a Super Zaxxon but the pic didn't look like the same arcade style box it could just be a stock photo or I could be looking a the wrong one. They have a ton of stuff there that is for sure though :-D

I think it would be cool if someone made a homebrew game in this style of box..........Maybe someone making a game called Donkey Kong Arcade :lust: :lust: :lust:...........Just a thought :lolblue:

Edited by RelliK111

Yeah, the three Adam supergame arcade cab boxes are still the coolest video game packaging to date in my mind! Still looking for those two actually, as I only have the Zaxxon!

I've seen them on ebay a few times int eh past several years, but always *just* missed em at the closing bell. Not sure what you paid for 'em but I'd think anything up to $40 each is good deal on them. The only reason I wouldn't think much higher in value is because the Adam collectors market is so small these days. That said, some here will probably offer you $100 each for 'em. lol

Those are awesome!

Great purchase! They look amazing next to each other

I hope you have a cool place to display them in your gameroom

Thanks I do have a really nice place that goes with all my other rare CIB or New Colecovision games but I'm running out of room because I have been on a bit of a spending spree lately. There has been a lot of rare games come my way lately that I haven't been able to pass up. It's a cool problem to have though :D

Great buy... no matter what you paid as those games CIB are impossible to find nowadays especially in the prestine condition they are in. They have shown up without the box on eBay from time to time, but never with the boxes. I actually need to increase the Rarity Rating of those two games to at least an R8, if not an R9.

eColeco might still have Super Zaxxon CIB for I think $10 or $15 but then there are shipping & other fees they tack on.

BTW, those are the only three ADAM games that Coleco released in those arcade cabinet style boxes.

Wow, You're kidding? I picked up both of those on ebay maybe 8-9 months ago for not a lot. They're not shrinked, but they are CIB and in pretty much mint shape. Never really gave much throught to them being rare, I just loved the arcade style box.

Wow, You're kidding? I picked up both of those on ebay maybe 8-9 months ago for not a lot. They're not shrinked, but they are CIB and in pretty much mint shape. Never really gave much throught to them being rare, I just loved the arcade style box.

Mines not shrink wrapped I just put all my games in plastic to help protect them. It's a habit I started since I was a kid collecting comic books. I'm curious if you remember how much you paid for them. I've never seen them before and I would have thought ebay should have let me know about a Donkey Kong CIB, I have it in a saved search because I have been looking for Donkey Kong CIB for the colecovision but have yet to get one (I had a few chances but it went to high). Well its not the first time ebay's crap has screwed up though :roll:

Edited by RelliK111

Brings back bitter memories of trying to buy Donkey Kong Jr. at Toys R Us, but the clerk insisted I had the ticket for Donkey Kong and wouldn't give me the DK Jr. box...even though the ticket clearly said Donkey Kong Jr on it. She was going by the skew number which obviously had been mislabeled. Had to go hunt down the manager myself to straighten it out. I was so pissed I never bought anything there again when she was working "the cage".

Well that makes me feel really good ;-) If your curious Niad you can PM me and I'll let you know, but I don't want to post it just in case I got a really really good deal and he reads it. He's a super cool guy and I really wouldn't want to upset him if that was the case. Also do you know if there is a rarity guide or even a list with box pics of all the Taiwan Cooper Black games for the colecovision? I would love to see what all the boxes look like. I have 5 boxed games and I love the box art on them so I would love to see what the rest look like.

I looked at ecoleco.com if that's the site you where talking about. I saw a Super Zaxxon but the pic didn't look like the same arcade style box it could just be a stock photo or I could be looking a the wrong one. They have a ton of stuff there that is for sure though :-D

I think it would be cool if someone made a homebrew game in this style of box..........Maybe someone making a game called Donkey Kong Arcade :lust: :lust: :lust:...........Just a thought :lolblue:

As far as what you paid for them, I probably don't want to know as I might start crying. I had those boxes back in the day and currently I only have the DDPs and Manuals. It would have been very interesting to see what they would have eventually sold for on eBay... I know that I wouldn't have had a limit.

As far as any products that are listed on eColeco's website, it is best to send Terry an email asking first about availability, completeness and condition as I don't think he keeps the website up-to-date on everything and the majority of his stock was purchased back in the late '80's directly from Coleco and then over the years from people selling off their collections. Tell him I sent you... not that you'll get a better price or anything! :?

A homebrew box in that style would be very cool :thumbsup: , but might add some extra expense to the package as well as a lot more time for someone to fold and glue it together.

• Like 1

Was that part of the large CV & ADAM lot that included a boxed Expansion Module #03 ADAM System? I recall seeing one, or maybe both, in that eBay auction.

As far as what you paid for them, I probably don't want to know as I might start crying. I had those boxes back in the day and currently I only have the DDPs and Manuals. It would have been very interesting to see what they would have eventually sold for on eBay... I know that I wouldn't have had a limit.

As far as any products that are listed on eColeco's website, it is best to send Terry an email asking first about availability, completeness and condition as I don't think he keeps the website up-to-date on everything and the majority of his stock was purchased back in the late '80's directly from Coleco and then over the years from people selling off their collections. Tell him I sent you... not that you'll get a better price or anything! :?

A homebrew box in that style would be very cool :thumbsup: , but might add some extra expense to the package as well as a lot more time for someone to fold and glue it together.

Sounds good thanks for the info, If it ever comes a point in my life that I need to sell them you will be the first person I talk to :D

:idea: As far as a homebrew it would probably be best if it was a special edition box limited to a small number of copies and then after that sold out just go to normal style of boxes. Even if the Special Edition Arcade Style box cost a lot more I would be more than happy to pay extra to have more boxes in my collection that looks this cool :cool: JUST IMAGINE A HOLE SHELF WITH THIS STYLE OF BOX IT WOULD BE LIKE A MINI ARCADE!!! :lust: :lust: :lust: Please some homebrewer make it happen!! :lust:

Edited by RelliK111

Sounds good thanks for the info, If it ever comes a point in my life that I need to sell them you will be the first person I talk to :D

:idea: As far as a homebrew it would probably be best if it was a special edition box limited to a small number of copies and then after that sold out just go to normal style of boxes. Even if the Special Edition Arcade Style box cost a lot more I would be more than happy to pay extra to have more boxes in my collection that looks this cool :cool: JUST IMAGINE A HOLE SHELF WITH THIS STYLE OF BOX IT WOULD BE LIKE A MINI ARCADE!!! :lust: :lust: :lust: Please some homebrewer make it happen!! :lust:

I alread think about doing this for homebrew :)

Beleive it or not, someday I'll do it! ;)

• Like 1

Sweet I will have my money waiting!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Any other homebrewers out there like I said I want at least a shelf full :grin:

Edited by RelliK111

Was that part of the large CV & ADAM lot that included a boxed Expansion Module #03 ADAM System? I recall seeing one, or maybe both, in that eBay auction.

No, that wasn't it. I don't have an expansion module ADAM. Mine's the stand alone monster. I wish I remembered for sure, but I'm not sure what the price was on these. I know what I spend on the hobby though and there's no way I spent over $40 for both.

Mines not shrink wrapped I just put all my games in plastic to help protect them. It's a habit I started since I was a kid collecting comic books. I'm curious if you remember how much you paid for them. I've never seen them before and I would have thought ebay should have let me know about a Donkey Kong CIB, I have it in a saved search because I have been looking for Donkey Kong CIB for the colecovision but have yet to get one (I had a few chances but it went to high). Well its not the first time ebay's crap has screwed up though :roll:

I don't think these were listed as Colecovision if I recall correctly. Only listed as ADAM. That might be why I got them on the cheaper side. :?

Edited by Atari_Bill

No, that wasn't it. I don't have an expansion module ADAM. Mine's the stand alone monster. I wish I remembered for sure, but I'm not sure what the price was on these. I know what I spend on the hobby though and there's no way I spent over $40 for both.

Holy Crap :o $40 for both :o Your making me cry :_( will I'm sure if you want to sell them you would make some money here that's for sure!!! :rolling:

Edited by RelliK111

Holy Crap :o $40 for both :o Your making me cry :_( will I'm sure if you want to sell them you would make some money here that's for sure!!! :rolling:

Not really anymore! The proverbial cat is outta the bag and fair market value has been set. :roll:

Will thanks Atari Bill for lowering the value of my games below what I paid for them :mad:

Not really anymore! The proverbial cat is outta the bag and fair market value has been set. :roll:

Will thanks Atari Bill for lowering the value of my games below what I paid for them :mad:

My apologies.... :woozy:

My apologies.... :woozy:

I'm just kidding :rolling: :rolling: I have no plans on selling it any time soon and if I do it won't be that low :evil: Congats on a really great score, I think we both did good although you did better!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Edited by RelliK111

I would love a other limited run of Ghost n Zombies in the arcade style box :lust: :lust: :lust: I have still yet to play this game (only because I can't get my hands on it) and I have heard Ghost n Zombies is talked about being one of the Greatest ColecoVision games ever made for the system. I have watched lots of video on it and I really wish I could play this. Cost would not matter for me, it would be a instant BUY! So what do think can you make this happen PLEASE :grin: :grin: :grin:

I would love a other limited run of Ghost n Zombies in the arcade style box :lust: :lust: :lust: I have still yet to play this game (only because I can't get my hands on it) and I have heard Ghost n Zombies is talked about being one of the Greatest ColecoVision games ever made for the system. I have watched lots of video on it and I really wish I could play this. Cost would not matter for me, it would be a instant BUY! So what do think can you make this happen PLEASE :grin: :grin: :grin:

You'll have to beg the author (Youki) ...... cause there's nothing I could do without Youki's permission

But I don't think he's interested to make another run ...... sadly for those who missed it :(

I'll trade you CIB Ghosts & Zombies for the CIB DK & DK Jr. SuperGames and a hefty sum of cash! :twisted:

Nah, just kidding. Isn't it amazing that two 27 year old games just might be easier to come by than a Homebrew game that's only 2 years old. In order to finally get my G&Z, I had to buy a large CIB collection that sent me down the very expensive path of trying to complete a CV CIB collection.

Those SuperGame boxes are just so damn cool which makes the trade thought very tempting.