IGNORED

Atari systems in ads as prizes

Philflound

I was wondering has anyone has put together vintage ads featuring Atari games and systems as prizes? I've been putting on some nice vintage ads in my Ebay store, featuring food, or cartoons along with Atari video games and such. I ran across 2 ads that has a sweepstakes where Atari was given away. One is a Bubble Yum ad from 1982 that shows the Atari 2600 in it. I'm attaching that photo. The other is a Superman III movie sweepstakes which I don't have in front of me, but will be putting that on in the future. That also gives away Atari systems, and I think shows a 5200 instead of the 2600 as the prize. I'll get back in a few days with the details.

Phil

post-1349-0-39965200-1317426898_thumb.jpg

I have an old Marvel comic/magazine called Blip that has a number of laughable gamer articles and artwork. I think the add on back was Tutankham. I'll have to dig it out. Scans of it are at retromags. They didn't credit me for it though that sometimes cheeses me off, but whatever. I used to love the clueless way games were addressed in comics and Saturday morning cartoons.

Well the amount of comics I'm going through is vast and the amount of Atari games ads I'm pulling for sale is pretty big too. I'm figuring at least 20-25 for now, but I'm working on getting more. Sometimes the ads are on oppostite sides, so you get two ads for the price of one. :)

Phil