IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Game Discovered - 28 years later

sydric

SO here's the big news that everyone has been wondering about today!

We have indeed found a RELEASED Atari 2600 game made in 1983 that has never been archived, and I am quite sure that nobody out there has played it (but if you have, please let us know)

The game is called "Extra Terrestrials" and is a combination of (in my opinion) Freeway, E.T., and Pac-Man. The game was created in Burlington, Ontario and sold in VERY limited quantities. Please visit this page for more information:

http://www.pcmuseum.ca/extraterrestrials.asp

We do NOT at this point in time have a way to archive this cartridge, but are more than willing to do so. We are looking into options on getting a 7800 to archive. If anyone in South Western Ontario is willing to come and help us with this, PLEASE let know.

Here is what the cartridge looks like. We will be making the game available for people to play at our next open house which is October 15.

etphoto2-small.jpg

• Like 9

Pretty cool, albeit I'll admit I'm a bit skeptical.

For the doubters - Sydric is not the type to try a scam. He runs a computer museum (www.pcmuseum.ca) and has been named as having Canada's largest collection of video games. I've known the man for over 25 years. If he says the game is real then it is. He has already offered to dump the ROM. Someone just has to lend him a dumper. What kind of proof do you want?

• Like 1

Pretty cool, albeit I'll admit I'm a bit skeptical.

For the doubters - Sydric is not the type to try a scam. He runs a computer museum (www.pcmuseum.ca) and has been named as having Canada's largest collection of video games. I've known the man for over 25 years. If he says the game is real then it is. He has already offered to dump the ROM. Someone just has to lend him a dumper. What kind of proof do you want?

That's amazing Syd, and as was mentioned, Syd is not the type of guy to play practical jokes. Chances are this is a legit find.

I wonder if the cartridge mold matches the short carts that come out of asia - like supervision and spacevision short carts.

I'm guessing for such a small run they would have ordered then in from somewhere?

According to info found in the link in the first post, the games were manufactured by Telcom Research Ltd. in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

Does anyone have a photo of one of these short SpaceVision/SuperVision cartridges?

How does the donor know so much about the original company?

Because he appears to have gotten in contact with one or more of the people who ran it.

I hope this is not a hoax from Atari Charles. :ponder: :lol:

Heh. Yeah, this is that "E.T. - Return to Earth" prototype he was always babbling about.

The company that produced the game was a family run business. The original donor was part of that family. He provided information and put Sydric in touch with other family members that provided additional info. Here is the link to the page with the company info http://www.pcmuseum.ca/companyprofile.asp?id=519.

This game was donated about a week ago. Sydric contacted me immediately and provided what info he had as well as some pics. Over the next few days Sydric got in touch with the family members and obtained the other info. He then waited until G4 could run the story before releasing news to the AtariAge community.

The company that produced the game was a family run business. The original donor was part of that family. He provided information and put Sydric in touch with other family members that provided additional info. Here is the link to the page with the company info http://www.pcmuseum.ca/companyprofile.asp?id=519.

This game was donated about a week ago. Sydric contacted me immediately and provided what info he had as well as some pics. Over the next few days Sydric got in touch with the family members and obtained the other info. He then waited until G4 could run the story before releasing news to the AtariAge community.

So they potentially have more cartridges in their possession?