IGNORED

nanoPEB

idflyfish

oh yes, i checked the ebay page, you're right.. price is down from 59 US$ to 29 US$ ...no luck for me ;)

it's many good games & utilities that requires ( or works better with ) 32ko RAM expansion. Disk emulation is just a question of confort, especially if you download image from internet and need to transfert to the TI

Notice, though, that the $29 units have a smaller CF than the $59 units. From 32GB to something like 512MB, IIRC... I cannot find the auction again. Maybe it was 2GB, but smaller none the less.

oh yes, i checked the ebay page, you're right.. price is down from 59 US$ to 29 US$ ...no luck for me ;)

it's many good games & utilities that requires ( or works better with ) 32ko RAM expansion. Disk emulation is just a question of confort, especially if you download image from internet and need to transfert to the TI

Notice, though, that the $29 units have a smaller CF than the $59 units. From 32GB to something like 512MB, IIRC... I cannot find the auction again. Maybe it was 2GB, but smaller none the less.

Also, keep in mind there is a version that comes with a RS232 port and one that comes with a parallel port. The more expensive one has the RS232.

What's the use for the serial port over the parallel? I honestly don't see myself using either, but... what's the advantage?

I have many CF cards around here, so the size of that doesn't matter to me.

And to the person who asked about the speech synth, I plan to keep both for now.

Edited by Mirage

What's the use for the serial port over the parallel? I honestly don't see myself using either, but... what's the advantage?

I have many CF cards around here, so the size of that doesn't matter to me.

And to the person who asked about the speech synth, I plan to keep both for now.

I would rather have a serial port over parallel as it would better allow communication between TI and PC. However, with the CF card and the transfer utilities, couples with TI99Dir, this could be a moot point, anyway.

• Like 1