IGNORED

Asterix console rarity

5200 Collector Dude

I wouldn't think a * 4-port would be worth all that much more. If VCS compatibility is that important look for a 2-port. It is also not that hard to mod a 4-port for compatibility. I did it to my 4-port and I am in no way a good solderer. :grin: It does take time. The 5200 board is so big that there is plenty of room to work and I actually thought it was fun to do. The hardest part is finding the kit to do the mod.

IMO the best 5200 is a 2-port with a 4-port bios. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't think a * 4-port would be worth all that much more. If VCS compatibility is that important look for a 2-port. It is also not that hard to mod a 4-port for compatibility. I did it to my 4-port and I am in no way a good solderer. :grin: It does take time. The 5200 board is so big that there is plenty of room to work and I actually thought it was fun to do. The hardest part is finding the kit to do the mod.

Have you played a four person game with four people like Mule, Tennis, Castle Crisis, etc? It's pretty cool. That's why I prefer the 4-port.

Allan

Edited by Allan

I already have a *4 port.I just wanted to know

Btw I got I with a whole bunch of overlays and 2 wico sticks for $38 a while ago ; )

Have you played a four person game with four people like Mule, Tennis, Castle Crisis, etc? It's pretty cool. That's why I prefer the 4-port.

Allan

So you have 4 working controllers?...Well I'll be damned. Out of the too MANY I've come across, I've only got one that works right.

I hate how the * console is matte like the 2 port.Gloss is way better.Well,I guess my questions been answered.Time to post another!Atari's so interesting,I just never stop asking questions.

I agree. I like the gloss look better. Unfortunately the gloss scratches easier so they don't look as nice when they have a little wear.

Allan