IGNORED

How do you make a Cartridge for Win994a?

RXB

How many 8k Rom images, and how many GROM images?

You need to take your compiled object code and turn it into a number of files. Each ROM file (a raw .bin file) should be no longer than 8k, I'm not sure about the GROM files. You will probably need to write some assembly code to produce the raw memory image files, or do it on the PC side using Java or something.

Mark

Looking again at the cart creator, you can have up to two 8K ROM files, and only a single (6K?) GROM file. If your application has more than one GROM file, then you can't use it with Win994A it would seem.

Win994A is pretty much obsolete now. The developer is a little strange: He has written a very good emulator, but chooses not to engage with his 'audience' in any way. He will not publish his contact information, so is not contactable, so I simply choose not to use it.

The ASM994A assembler is very good though. I've been using that for TF development since 2009. It compiles my project (>40 files at the last count) in less than 2 seconds!

Win994A is pretty much obsolete now. The developer is a little strange: He has written a very good emulator, but chooses not to engage with his 'audience' in any way. He will not publish his contact information, so is not contactable, so I simply choose not to use it.

Well, he was accessible up to certain point, some years ago. Didn't you have some special assembler commands implemented. I can understand if he, for whatever reasons, wants to, or have to, do something else with his time. A single word now and then would be nice though.

December 2006 saw the 3.008 release, which I think was the last effective update. The July 2009 3.009 was, as far as I know, only a minor update to the Windows menu system.

Well, I believe his wife is quite ill, so I guess it's understandable that he doesn't want to be blasted with support requests. Even so, I find it strange that he made a REALLY great emulator, but chose never to engage with his users!

I didn't get any assembler stuff, but he worked on the speech core at my request (I had to post on 99er.net - I never did get his email address) and he also upgraded the assembler according to my suggestions (added the ability to create cart files straight from the assembler).

I just find it strange that he never engaged with the community at all. Oh well. He sure knows how to write an emulator!

There is actually some neat stuff in there: There are extra op-codes defined in the 9900 core to support real stacks (so it's a 9900 with a proper push down stack). This was intended for a C compiler that he was working on. TF could have made GOOD use of that stack, but then it would only run in Win994A. Nice idea though. Wish the 9900 had a few (3) stacks! :)

Well, I believe his wife is quite ill, so I guess it's understandable that he doesn't want to be blasted with support requests. Even so, I find it strange that he made a REALLY great emulator, but chose never to engage with his users!

I didn't get any assembler stuff, but he worked on the speech core at my request (I had to post on 99er.net - I never did get his email address) and he also upgraded the assembler according to my suggestions (added the ability to create cart files straight from the assembler).

I just find it strange that he never engaged with the community at all. Oh well. He sure knows how to write an emulator!

Maybe that's what I got wrong then, that something happened though he was not actively or directly involved with users. ;)

Stupid quote on this site always locks up my internet explorer. I type a message the it just locks up with a bar at the top and never leaves the page.

RXB is exactly like XB as I have the source and assemble the Object code exaclty like the orginal TI XB source code.

The only change to the ROMs is GK XB within RXB has 2 bytes in both ROM changed for the Edit commands.

And the GROMs are all 8K all 5 of them. The entire package is here to re-assembly RXB 2001 I just uploaded it.

Edited by RXB

RXB is exactly like XB as I have the source and assemble the Object code exaclty like the orginal TI XB source code.

The only change to the ROMs is GK XB within RXB has 2 bytes in both ROM changed for the Edit commands.

And the GROMs are all 8K all 5 of them. The entire package is here to re-assembly RXB 2001 I just uploaded it.

So you can make a working XB cart in Win994a, but not an RXB cart ?

You mean a Hardware cart? RXB works fine in any GRAM emulator for the TI99/4A, problem is making Cart for Win994a is the last one was made by the author many years ago and he sent me a copy but stated that I could not make one as the XB carts were custom made by him for some reason. To bad as I guess I am out of luck.

You mean a Hardware cart? RXB works fine in any GRAM emulator for the TI99/4A, problem is making Cart for Win994a is the last one was made by the author many years ago and he sent me a copy but stated that I could not make one as the XB carts were custom made by him for some reason. To bad as I guess I am out of luck.

Hardware ? - No, I stated Win994a (also thread topic). Win994a is as far as I know emulation only. :)

If you want to make an RXB cart for Win994a ? - then I would like to know if you can make an XB cart for Win994a. At least I have no problem making an XB cart for Win994a.

Edited by sometimes99er

...problem is making Cart for Win994a is the last one was made by the author many years ago and he sent me a copy but stated that I could not make one as the XB carts were custom made by him for some reason.

Maybe you don't have the last version: http://99er.net/win994a.shtml

I had no problem to make a RXB2002 cart with it: RXB 2002 - Win994a Cart.zip

...problem is making Cart for Win994a is the last one was made by the author many years ago and he sent me a copy but stated that I could not make one as the XB carts were custom made by him for some reason.

Maybe you don't have the last version: http://99er.net/win994a.shtml

I had no problem to make a RXB2002 cart with it: RXB 2002 - Win994a Cart.zip

The 2002 was a mess. Found like 5 errors in it. Why I keep going to make 2011, then upgraded to 2012 to make sure no errors so been working on it since April of this year.

LOL well if you guys can make a cart for Win994a that is cool, I have just never succeeded making one that would load.