IGNORED

Candy Catcher Pre-order! Limited Text Label Version and CIB Version!

disjaukifa

Sometimes no matter what I do I can't win . . . my programmer I won off of eBay won't get here till Wednesday, not tomorrow because the seller just gave it to the post office even though they assured me they would hand it to them Monday morning . . . not Monday at 4pm . . . . :mad:

So now I'm hoping to get the first couple of games out by Thursday . . . I'm more than a little angry about this because I paid extra so that I could have it here tomorrow.

OK for good news, the labels Albert made are here and they look fantastic, so thank you Albert! I'll post a picture of them tonight when I get home.

• Like 1

hope you got your materials today.....really stinks you got set back by a day or so....good luck and that label makes it fun!

I did not get my programmer today . . . i will be getting it in tomorrow so that is a plus! So I can start shipping out the Limited Text Label version this week as planned!

Put me down for the second version as well as the first version I've already paid for, please! Thanks! :-)

I've got you done for the CIB version as well!

Original label please and autograph also if that is ok.

Did I send you enough for shipping for CC and the other games? Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!

Very excited!

I'll double check, but I think you did send me the correct amount! And yes the Limited Text Label version will be numbered and autographed!

To repeat what I PM'd you, I would like both the text label (autographed and numbered), along with a CIB copy featuring the awesome new artwork. Just let me know what I owe you for the CIB copy.

Thanks!

Hey bennybingo!

I just sent a PM with all the new information!

Thanks!

Update! I worked with Brian O. tonight and we have the final version of the box and label hammered out! Getting ready to get the boxes made from Marc Oberhäuser. My Batronix USB Chip Programmer will be here tomorrow, so I will begin the assembly and testing of the Limited Text Label Version of Candy Catcher tomorrow night and if all goes well will start shipping them out Thursday. I hope to have the first 25 shipped out by Saturday!

The CIB version is going to take longer since I have to wait for the boxes to be made and I have to wait for new parts, labels and I have to find more cartridges for donors as well. I'll keep everyone posted as stuff gets completed!

Thank you everyone!

Disjaukifa

Will AtariAge sell the game in future or is this one of those "either now or never" opportunities?

I'm not sure, I would have to ask Albert. I plan on be selling the CIB as long as anyone wanted to buy a copy, just waiting for 10 people to get on a list before I ordered more parts since its cheaper when I buy the parts in bulk. The Text Label version is limited to 45 copies.

Hey Guys!

Let me tell you, this project likes throwing walls at me just for fun! I got my Batronix USB Chip Programmer in today, got home connected to my Mac and discovered this model is Windows only. No problem, I run a VM of XP with VirtualBox all the time, fire it up only to find out there is a bug right now with VirtualBox and Mac OS X 10.7.2 where USB does not work now with VMs . . . I upgraded to 10.7 on Sunday :mad:

So I got my wife's laptop out which was Windows 7, install the software, no problems, connect the programmer up . . . nothing, can't find it. Oh yeah it has a driver you have to download, download it, got to install it, the driver isn't signed or something like that so I said forget it. I don't even remember when I last used this computer, but I have a Dell Dimension 4500S in my garage, pull it out, somehow I still have the install disk, install Windows XP Home, and get that machine up and running.

Long story short the rom burns without issue, however now I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "how do I know if I did that correctly?". I figure its best if I just still the EPROM in the PCB and see if it works. I solder all the connections, stick the soldered PCB in my 2600 and BAM it freaking works!!!

Without further delay here is the first copy ever of Candy Catcher:

post-24538-0-05162400-1319084991_thumb.jpg post-24538-0-33925000-1319084999_thumb.jpg

I'm didn't get any other copies made tonight because of the computer shuffling issue, but I did get one cartridge made (mine) and tested and the game works great! I will start sending out cartridges on Friday!

Thanks guys and have a good night!

Disjaukifa

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

The Limited Text Label Version of Candy Catcher is now full. There are plenty of spots left on the CIB version with some stunning artwork from Brian O. Also please note the CIB is NOT a limited release, so you don't need to worry about that version running out!

Thanks guys!

Disjaukifa

• Like 1

Without further delay here is the first copy ever of Candy Catcher:

post-24538-0-05162400-1319084991_thumb.jpg post-24538-0-33925000-1319084999_thumb.jpg

I'm didn't get any other copies made tonight because of the computer shuffling issue, but I did get one cartridge made (mine) and tested and the game works great! I will start sending out cartridges on Friday!

Thanks guys and have a good night!

Disjaukifa

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine! ;)

Edited by Necron99