IGNORED

Ever bought a game just for one, stupid reason?

Animan

Not too long ago I was at a yard sale where I purchased both Base Wars and Super Mario Bros. 3 simply because they were the only games to be found there. They were also cheap -- a buck apiece, I believe -- but if there'd been other, more desirable games there, I would have left these two behind.

Yeah, that sounds like me. For some reason, when I find a game at a garage sale, I treat it like my wife would a poor miserable stray cat. I want to rescue it and comfort it inside a nice warm console.

Not too long ago I was at a yard sale where I purchased both Base Wars and Super Mario Bros. 3 simply because they were the only games to be found there. They were also cheap -- a buck apiece, I believe -- but if there'd been other, more desirable games there, I would have left these two behind.

Umm, both of those games are great..especially for a buck a peice.

Umm, both of those games are great..especially for a buck a peice.

Of course they are -- and I should have clarified this in the original post -- but I already had copies of both of them. Like Chuck said, I guess I felt somehow driven to rescue them more than anything else.

Of course they are -- and I should have clarified this in the original post -- but I already had copies of both of them. Like Chuck said, I guess I felt somehow driven to rescue them more than anything else.

SMB3 still fetches a good price, so it's not totally insane to pick it up for a buck even if you already have it.

I bought The Impossible game as a download on the XBox360 after seeing the "rage quit" video for it on youtube *Warning Foul Language**

I got to admit I have wanted to get that game for my PS3, it does look simple yet difficult at the same time! And the music does rock :evil:

Yeah, that sounds like me. For some reason, when I find a game at a garage sale, I treat it like my wife would a poor miserable stray cat. I want to rescue it and comfort it inside a nice warm console.

I do this too on occasion. I bought some Odyssey^2 games at a flea market, even though I didn't have an O^2, because (a) they were cheap and (b) they looked forlorn and likely to be dumpstered if someone didn't buy them. That one worked out well, though, because one of the games turned out to be worth much more than I paid for all of 'em!

(For the curious: it was a Japanese copy, distinguished only by a sticker on the spine, plus a Japanese-language manual that wasn't present on this particular copy...though actually I can't be sure of that, because while other Japanese O^2 games came with J-manuals, no other Japanese copy of this particular game -- Hockey/Soccer -- has yet been found. I almost removed the sticker, thinking it was some Japanese guy's homemade filing system.)

Edited by thegoldenband

SMB3 still fetches a good price, so it's not totally insane to pick it up for a buck even if you already have it.

Thank you, this.

I bought Bleem! when it came out mostly as my way of saying 'F*** You' to Sony then really wanting to use it much. Basicaly I wanted to support the small company and I knew the Playstation emulator wasn't going to be that good. I was right.

And then of course last then a year later the company went belly under and I probaly spent less then a hour actually using the emulator. What a waste of $40 that was. :(

Edited by SoulBlazer

Zombies, plain and simple. Anything to do with killing them in any way, shape or form.

So I picked up "Dead Rising" on the Xbox 360 and was like "wait, I have to save people?" "Go on missions?" "TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS?"

"WFT!!!"

Needless to say, I still haven't gone back and finished the game...

I bought Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch: Lost Colors expressly because the game allows you to save one of the characters who dies in the original TV series. This would be an even stupider reason if I couldn't understand any of the Japanese dialogue at all, but I actually can, for the most part.

onmode-ky

Well, I bought a rather obscure Psygnosis game for Amiga... JUST because... the last set of levels took place on the moon.... the moon was strewn with various Space: 1999 references..You could even grenade the Eagles to smithereens , if you wished...

The game: 'Theatre of Death'

Now, people talk about 'importing games' .. nah, most people order from a dealer that imports them...

I actually had to call Psynosis and order the game directly... @ 4AM..LOL!

Now, it's pretty simple, by modern strategy game standards... But, I played that game ALL the time.....

Great Title music too!

Pac Man World 2 (GameCube) because Pac Man Vs came with it. I had nobody to play it with.

Superman 64 just because it was Superman 64.

Sigma Star Saga (GBA) because I thought the reviewers were exaggerating when they said the enemies didn't even shoot.

Imported Monster Hunter Portable 2 because I thought it wasn't going to be localized (MH Dos was denied localization and Portable 2 seemed to be taking its sweet time.) It was localized a month or two afterward.

Imported Demon's Souls because who would bother to localize a region-free game that was already in English and appeared to cater to just a small niche?

Did anyone bought Cosmic Fantasy 2 for the Turbografx/TurboDuo CD just to see that shower scene in the game? :)

But anyway , I did buy the Game.com for a speech in Visual Communications class in college once. I even made a video background while I was talking with Edgar Winter's, Frankenstein playing.

Edited by frankodragon