IGNORED

Service Offered: Sega Game Gear Repair

the.golden.ax

Hey TCl, I have 2 gamegears and I'm considering your services.

One is an old fellow I had when I was younger, and the other is a recent Ebay buy that was suposedly in full working condition. I'm going to describe them to you really quick:

OLD ONE: Can only be viewed on wierd angels.

EBAY ONE: It seems really solid, however, my memory is a bit fuzzy. I'm honestly not sure what a 'perfect' gamegear looks like anymore after so many years away from it! It looks amazing when laying flat, and solid from most any angel with contrast adjustment. I SEEM to remember that this is normal. The second thing is that there are Vertical Bars that follow the characters an other objects. They are fairly light and do not effect gameplay.

As an example, in the game sonic 2 (which everyone has!), it looks messy. The bars are noticeable in zone one, but not really in zone 2.

As another example, the bars are almost UNNOTICEABLE in the entire game of the lion king EXCLUDING the second level when the Giraffes are on the screen.

As a third example, Jurasic Park looks amazing EXCEPT on the screens with black text (after the car rides).

As a final example, the bars are fairly noticeable most of the time in ecco tides of time.

Is this game gear at 100% power? I know you take them beyond 100%, but for this second gear I'd probably just leave it be if that is what it is intended to be.

PS: The second is the 2110G (not majesco, however). I have heard that this final GG model had a good batch of capacitors. That's why I'm thinking It looks as it should. But I just want to be sure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good deal :) When I get enough money, I'll have to check in and see what's available. Also, how would it work for me to sell a half fixed game gear for parts? I also have some spare capacitors I could include as well.

Honestly it may not be worth postage if it failed because the screen is dead. The batt. covers are the best part.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a total of 6 GGs: 1 with pretty good video and sound, 2 with weak video and okay sound, and 3 with all but useless video and little to no sound. All of their screens light up at least, although a couple of them, you really have to press in on the batteries to get them to come on. I've got a cap kit on the way, and I'm going to try to do one of them myself. But if I botch that, I'll be sending several your way in the near future, ax. :)

Btw, for anyone else considering, ax is great to do business with. Bought some Sega CDs from him a few weeks back, and they arrived super quick and lovingly packaged. Straight up classy guy, he is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Golden ax I have a game gear the has no sound what so ever and it will on work on battery and I know the AC adapter ios working fine I have tested it. I am wanting to fix my game gear my slelf as I am eager to lern mor and more about electronics. I have fixed many electronics. But I don't know the full wiorkings of a game gera as I don't have a service manual. So I am hoping you could give me advice on how I could fix mine and also possible buy the parts I need to fix it off of you. Thanks