BigErn

Your favorite Atari accesories?

Atari has got to be the king of accessories. There are so many, and many of them are legit. I really wish they would have capitalized on the Trak Ball and driving controllers. I love the variety of joysticks available that can really boost your high scores. I like the ones with the short throws, like the Slik Stik. Also, I really love how I keep discovering new items for the 2600. I just saw these "grabber balls" that sit on top of your joystick handle to give the CX-40 that authentic arcade feel. So cool!

Also, has any system ever had more pack-in stuff? At one point were they giving away both Combat and Pac-Man?

My friend and my schools computer room had these joysticks with an autofire switch on the base. Those rocked. I never found one to buy and have never seen one since...

here's a pic I found online

quickshot2plus.jpg

Edited by Torr

I think the kids controller is cool. My daughter loves playing seasame street games.

I like the Trackball concept, though mine's never worked. :( I guess my favorite 2600 accessory isn't necessarily a specific accessory, but the widely-compatible joystick port that it sports. Being able to plug a genesis controller into a system that launched over a decade earlier & play games is pretty neat.

For past accessories I'd say the Supercharger and TAC-2 controller.

For modern accessories Atarivox and Harmony cart win hands down!

Now... if I could just score an Atarivox... ;-)

• Like 1

CompuMate, the keyboard looks really cool on top of the console. Too bad it was never used for much when it was released.

I agree the Harmony cart is the best modern accessory!

• Like 1

I'd say that my favorite accessory wasn't made by Atari or even in the same era of gaming the Sega genesis arcade stick it gives you better control than most of the Atari joysticks in my opinion

For accessories that actually did something cool and weren't a gimmick: Starpath Supercharger

For joysticks etc.: TAC2, no question.