IGNORED

Virtual Jaguar 2.0.0 released!

Shamus

Virtual Jaguar 2.0.0 has been released--and this time, comes with a pack-in: Downfall, which has been graciously provided by Reboot.

You can find the official release at icculus.org. We currently have source code (mainly for the Linux crowd) and a Win32 binary there; we're still waiting for goldenegg to get around to compiling a MacOSX binary. As soon as that goes live, we'll post an update in this thread.

Most questions can hopefully be answered by the built-in help; if not, we'll try our best to answer them. And please, don't bother with comparisons to other emus, it's a pointless waste of time and bandwidth. :P

Enjoy! :)

post-4305-0-00980300-1318532288_thumb.png post-4305-0-10358600-1318532321_thumb.png

Edited by Shamus
  • Like 9

I keep getting this error. I do have the file. Any ideas? Thank you for any help. Just realized I need to download the file again. That's what I get for downloading the file from the net. Gonna try once I download a new file.

Downloaded a new qtcored4.dll and I still get an entry point error. :( any help?

Edited by sandroace

What error are you getting (there is nothing listed in your post)?

Did you download the Qt/SDL Framework off of the official Virtual Jaguar website (link in post #1 of this thread)? Did you put the DLLs in the framework in the same directory as Virtual Jaguar? What OS are you using, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Details, can't do a thing without details man! :P ;)

Quick Q.

Will VJ run any better using a 1.5gig P4 (512meg RIMMS)...Am thinking of upgrading it to 2 gig mem and 2gig proccy soon (someone threw out this Dell machine and i saved it, it is missing half the case though)

At the moment i am using an AMD 2gig s/c x64 proccy and 1.5gig mem

Dunno, to be honest. I've heard that with fast enough hardware, you can make VJ take ~20% or less CPU with sound on, so it's possible. But I couldn't tell you offhand what to buy as I have no idea other than "get the fastest processor and memory you can". :)

Perhaps I can be of assistance. VJ does not run full speed on my system. My system specs are as follows, CPU: INTEL Quad Core Q9550 @2.8GHZ, MEMORY: 12GB DDR3, VIDEO: 1GB NVIDIA GTX 280. So keeping these specs in mind and knowing it does not provide full speed with this emu I suppose you can gage on what type of Computer is needed to run this emu. Unless of course I missing a setting that enables to run the emu faster In which case I'm not sure what system would be required.

• Like 1

Shamus - Total kudos to your for an excellent release !

Great UI, simple to use and good compatibility.... Guess I'll have to get my finger out now and get Jagulator moving forward again ;)

I'm going to mention the White Elephant in the room. Are you ever going to finish up SMAC and SLN?

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Here's 2.0.1 for OS X!

Edit:

Hmmmm ... apparently it's too large to post here. Not sure why, since it's not larger than the other builds.

@Shamus,

I'm going to post it on the other forum and you can link it on the main site.

• Like 2

Yeah, it seems that so-called anti-<you-name-it> is running amok. If you look at the alert, it says that an exe in another project has some adware in it. Now if that had anything to do with Virtual Jaguar, it might be a big deal, but I'm guessing that the guy who's project has that executable put the adware in there on purpose. If not, maybe you should go notify him, or Ryan Gordon, who owns icculus. Either way, it has absolutely nothing to do with Virtual Jaguar. :P

• Like 2

Yeah, it seems that so-called anti-<you-name-it> is running amok. If you look at the alert, it says that an exe in another project has some adware in it. Now if that had anything to do with Virtual Jaguar, it might be a big deal, but I'm guessing that the guy who's project has that executable put the adware in there on purpose. If not, maybe you should go notify him, or Ryan Gordon, who owns icculus. Either way, it has absolutely nothing to do with Virtual Jaguar. :P

Ok, thanks for the info. :)

Just got around to playing around with VJ 2.0.1 earlier. Looking pretty nice so far! Seems to run decently with DSP on, although there's occasional stutters in Downfall, and the music sounds funky in Rayman. Both games are quite playable, though. Any way to map the keys to a controller?

• Like 1