IGNORED

Turbo for Intellivision

ChuckH

Is there any possibility for hacking theTurbo rom for Intellivision as far as the controls are concerned? I use an emulator and the controls suck. It's an odd combination of up and either left or right. I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good. It would be nice to have left as left and right is right. Daniel B. did a nice hack of this on Colecovision for use with the keyboard as that originally used a driving controller. Thanks.

I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good.

Nope, it sucks on the real thing too. It's just a bad port.

The controls don't work right on an emulator because Coleco programmed the disc to work like a steering wheel. Push down on an edge and then rotate it like a steering wheel to move left or right. Pretty cool on the real hardware.

I agree that the gameplay isn't that good but it's fun for a while and the changing graphics are impressive. The Colecovision version is much better.

Edited by ed1475

• 2 years later...

Is there any possibility for hacking theTurbo rom for Intellivision as far as the controls are concerned? I use an emulator and the controls suck. It's an odd combination of up and either left or right. I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good. It would be nice to have left as left and right is right. Daniel B. did a nice hack of this on Colecovision for use with the keyboard as that originally used a driving controller. Thanks.

Where can I find this hack? I've yearned for a way to try Colecovision Turbo for the longest time!