IGNORED

[AQUARIUS] Aquaricart: The Aquarius Album Cartridge

jaybird3rd

• 6 months later...

Bump!

Well, it's already been about eighteen months since the release of the Aquaricart! I suspect that it's just about run its course commercially by this time, but for anyone who may still be interested in one, I thought I'd post a quick update.

As I mentioned in a new thread, I'm switching to a new cartridge design for the titles I will be publishing for the Aquarius, including the Aquaricart. I've got a handful of original cartridges and boards left, enough to last me until the new cartridges are in stock some time next month. So, if you're still on the fence about getting an Aquaricart, and if you want it in an original authentic Aquarius cartridge shell instead of one of the new ones, you've got one more month to order! I'm still offering them for $65 each, or $50 for an upgrade kit.

Thanks again for making the Aquaricart a success! I hope to begin work on even bigger and better Aquarius projects soon!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks very much! It seems that the Aquaricart hasn't quite run its course after all; I've actually sold several since my previous post in this thread. As I mentioned then, I've switched to a new "low-profile" cartridge design, and I'm finally having a shiny new set of labels printed for the Aquaricart as well. I hope to have some samples to share in about two weeks. (EDIT: See below!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very pleased that the transition to the new cartridge design is now complete, thanks to the new labels that arrived today:

aquaricart_front.jpgaquaricart_top.jpg

aquaricart32k_expander.jpg

This is basically the same design that I previewed in my "general purpose" Aquarius thread, plus a few tweaks. It is intended to match the original Aquaricart manual that I printed years ago, which itself was designed to resemble Mattel's original manuals for their non-game releases (such as the RAM modules):

aquaricart_manual.jpg

With this development, I'm tweaking the prices and options a bit: the new Aquaricart cartridges are $60 each, and they are presently the only option I provide for a fully-assembled cartridge. I'm still offering the "upgrade kits" for those who would prefer to have an Aquaricart in the original Aquarius cartridge shells, and I'm dropping the price on those to $45 each.

• Like 3

Very nice! Hmmm, would you consider selling a shell and a label, so we could upgrade our original carts?

I'd love to, but the new boards are a different shape, and "upside-down" relative to my first boards, so they won't fit inside the original shells.

And in case anyone is wondering, the two versions are functionally identical; only the shells and labels have changed. At some point I'll do a minor code refresh, just to tweak a few little things that I'd like to change, but that's way down on my list.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm very pleased that the transition to the new cartridge design is now complete, thanks to the new labels that arrived today:

attachicon.gifaquaricart_front.jpgattachicon.gifaquaricart_top.jpg

attachicon.gifaquaricart32k_expander.jpg

This is basically the same design that I previewed in my "general purpose" Aquarius thread, plus a few tweaks. It is intended to match the original Aquaricart manual that I printed years ago, which itself was designed to resemble Mattel's original manuals for their non-game releases (such as the RAM modules):

attachicon.gifaquaricart_manual.jpg

With this development, I'm tweaking the prices and options a bit: the new Aquaricart cartridges are $60 each, and they are presently the only option I provide for a fully-assembled cartridge. I'm still offering the "upgrade kits" for those who would prefer to have an Aquaricart in the original Aquarius cartridge shells, and I'm dropping the price on those to $45 each.

Hi Jay! I see you have the Aquaricart and 32K RAM combo up on eBay. Do you want me to order through there, or just do it here through PM? Let me know...as you know, I just got into the Aquarius community and your offerings would help me explore the environment of the computer as I learn BASIC. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi Jay! I see you have the Aquaricart and 32K RAM combo up on eBay. Do you want me to order through there, or just do it here through PM? Let me know...as you know, I just got into the Aquarius community and your offerings would help me explore the environment of the computer as I learn BASIC. Thanks!

Thanks for your interest! Go ahead and shoot me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello jaybird3rd,

Greetings from Silicon Valley!

I own an Intellivision since 1982 and I still enjoy those simple but, many of them, superb games...

I just bougth an almost complete Aquarius system on ebay and I'd like to get your cartridge to run its programs...

Do you have one to sell now or in the near future?

Thank you!

Luca Severini

• Like 1

Thanks very much, and welcome to AtariAge! It's always a pleasure to hear from a new Aquarius owner! I happen to have one new Aquaricart cartridge left in stock, so please send me a PM and we'll take it from there!

For those who are wondering ... I've had to set aside my Aquarius work recently because of a crushingly rushed and busy teaching schedule this semester (unfortunately, the same was true last semester). But I am going to be building more Aquaricart cartridges soon, so anyone who is still interested in one is invited to contact me as well! Hopefully I'll have news to share about other new Aquarius projects before this summer.

• 1 year later...

is it still available?

Yes! The Aquaricart is now $60 plus postage for a complete cartridge and manual. As I said in the 32K Memory Module thread, send me a PM and we'll take it from there. I've been offering a 10% discount to those who buy the Aquaricart and 32K modules together, so if you're still interested, just let me know!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you taking orders?

p.s. Hope everyone joins the Aquarius Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1816932675303748/

Wow, sorry to keep you waiting! I've been too busy to keep an eye on my threads, but yes, I'm still accepting orders for the Aquaricart and for the 32K modules. Send me a PM if you're still interested!

(I'm still hoping against hope that this year is finally the year in which I find the time to get my Aquarius homebrew projects off the ground, but that's a whole 'nother story ...)