IGNORED

Adventures of the 50-foot-tall Stalk of Celery

atari2600land

OK, that explains it. In that version, after level 3 ended it went back to a weird level 2 where that happened because I didn't program an ending for level 3 yet. Here, I uploaded a version 34 where it starts on level 1 and after level 3, it should go back to the black starting screen.

50celery34.bas.bin

In level 4, Mr. Celery will fight a dragon, that is, if he can get past the barrage of molten rocks being thrown at him. Yes, that's supposed to be a dragon head floating in the distance in the lava. I need help designing it as well as the full dragon since I suck at sprite drawing. Oh, and I bet you didn't know dragons can swim in lava. Well, this one can and does. The object of this level is to move forward by pressing right while jumping over and ducking under the thrown rocks. Mr. Celery can duck by pressing down, but only in this level. Once the dragon gets to a certain point, I plan to have the rocks stop being thrown and the dragon will jump out of the lava and on to the ground Mr. Celery is on for the big fight. In this big fight that I haven't programmed yet, you dodge his fire breaths and jump on his head when he stops for a little bit. The problem is, I don't know how hard to make the level. How far the dragon head has to travel before he jumps out of the lava. If a rock hits you, a sound occurs, but nothing happens. I also need to know what should happen if a rock hits you. Do you lose a life? Or should Mr. Celery have a health counter for this level, or what? In this version, you start at level 4 because it's the level I'm currently working on.

50celery36.bas.bin

Health bar added. If it gets to 0 and you get hit, you'll lose a life. The reason the lives aren't showing is because the way the code is set up now, you'd have to start the game at level 1 to get them to display. I guess it would be easy to show the lives now, but I'll do that once I get everything in. I also had an idea for the music, but it didn't come out very well since the Atari 2600 is such a music hater with "instrument" 1. (AUDC0=1) The dragon still doesn't show up in full yet, I still need someone to design a dragon for me.

50celery36a.bas.bin

OK, here is the latest one. Right now, you dodge the rocks being thrown at you until the lava monster (not a dragon any more) jumps out of the lava and starts exhaling fire at you. Not much you can do at this point yet, all you can do is dodge the fire he breathes (remember: pressing down makes Mr. Celery duck. I've decided to make him duck more since some of the rocks being thrown were kind of iffy and difficult to dodge.) The plan is to make it so a number of bops to the head of the lava monster once he's out of the lava (jumping on his head) will defeat him and you'll go on to level 5.

50celery37.bas.bin

• Like 1

The battle sequence is implemented. It takes 5 shots to the head (I shortened the lava monster a little) to kill him. But remember: he breathes fire, so the best course of action is to wait until he does and then jump on his head. If you run into him, he'll growl a little and you'll lose a little health. Make your bar go away and you'll lose a life and have to start the stage over again. I'm a little worried about the difficulty level, is level 4 too easy, too hard, what?

50celery38.bas.bin

• Like 1