IGNORED

Restless II - game released

sometimes99er

Super game, but I cannot get my joystick to work with it. Does it require joystick 2? If so, I'll have to get into the closet and drag out the splitter and the Wico.

Thank you. :)

Well, I'm not even sure which joystick it works for. Back in the day, I had an Atari-type adapter, and I don't know from where I picked up usually using only one of the ports. Maybe it was indeed Joystick #2. In the CRU it's column 7. But it looks like Joystick #1 in Classic99: Options, Options...

restless.classic99.joystick.png

And I think it may also be Joystick #1 in MAME:

restless.mame.joystick.png

Hope it works out for you. :)

Edited by sometimes99er

And thank you - for your feedback. :)

Oh, well, games kind of have things moving around, - but I'll make a special version for you. ... - I guess different on screen effects can have different effects on people. Sure it's only the stars that make you dizzy? Seriously though, what about all of the scrolling games? ;)

yes, i am sure that probably i have somepersonal head problem of course... i'm dizzy also with virtual reality for example, lot of other people not.
I haven't problems instead with scrilling games generally. I only had the same problem with SkyShark from Rasmus but not for the standard scrolling in the game but with the move of the sea waves in one of the earlier work in progress versions, now solved.

I really don't know why it happens to me, maybe i will do some medical exams :).

Hope this is better for you. A special edition for your eyes only. ;)

attachicon.gifrest.ciro.c.bin

Really appreciated :) this is the first time that someone personalyze a game dedicated just for me only :D :D
I does not exclude, however, that this modified version may also remain useful for someone that will have the same dizzy problem like me in future and i am sure he will appreciate it like me today ;)

with this new version i already exceeded my personal record without dizziness :)

post-24673-0-61533100-1514235993.jpg
Thanks Sometimes99er
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

I really like this game, it is one of the few ones I play on my 99/4A when I offer me a relaxing moment.

Thank you so much. :)

I would be happy if you decided to add some other/special levels, bosses at the end of some levels, music, ...

Pleeeease! :-)

I'll make a note of that. I will drop ideas into the RESTLESS III folder. ;)

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/6/2018 at 11:44 PM, sometimes99er said:

Thank you so much. :)

I'll make a note of that. I will drop ideas into the RESTLESS III folder. ;)

I would like to know if a Restless II  update or the Restless III game were in development?

Because a lack of levels, it is very easy to end the Restless II game and to make a high-score. It's frustrating.

However, I think that not much is missing to make a longer game and a greatest game. For example, by adding a second level where monsters have to be hit two times to die then three times on a next level. The monsters could also get the transparent color during a split second to be invincible... In fact, reproducing the game play of Parsec.
Please! Could you work on it? 

• Like 2

Thanks for posting.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:26 AM, fabrice montupet said:

I would like to know if a Restless II update or the Restless III game were in development?

It's not totally forgotten.

Because a lack of levels, it is very easy to end the Restless II game and to make a high-score. It's frustrating.

It was actually the main focus. An easy to pickup, sweet and short shoot-em-up. Something that is quickly over, and something where you may want to try and beat your own high score. I think most people find the game rather hard (opposed to easy). I often die before getting the trophy. But again "practice makes master".

However, I think that not much is missing to make a longer game and a greatest game. For example, by adding a second level where monsters have to be hit two times to die then three times on a next level. The monsters could also get the transparent color during a split second to be invincible... In fact, reproducing the game play of Parsec.

That's certainly ideas that shouldn't take much to implement, and even keeping it within the 8K barrier.

Please! Could you work on it? 

I haven't programmed for the TI for a year now.

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...