sometimes99er

Restless II - game released

Excellent addition to the growing list of 8K games you've written, @sometimes99er. A lot of people forget that these games are perfect for the console-only crowd as well. Just pop a cartridge with the ROM in it into the cartridge slot and game on! :)

And thank you. :)

Super game, but I cannot get my joystick to work with it. Does it require joystick 2? If so, I'll have to get into the closet and drag out the splitter and the Wico.

Thank you. :)

Well, I'm not even sure which joystick it works for. Back in the day, I had an Atari-type adapter, and I don't know from where I picked up usually using only one of the ports. Maybe it was indeed Joystick #2. In the CRU it's column 7. But it looks like Joystick #1 in Classic99: Options, Options...

restless.classic99.joystick.png

And I think it may also be Joystick #1 in MAME:

restless.mame.joystick.png

Hope it works out for you. :)

Edited by sometimes99er

Thanks for released the game ! :D

i like a lot and it inherent addictive quality but please there is a way to stop the stars movements ?

after 10 minutes of play I feel like have nausea and i'm dizzy :(

Hope this is better for you. A special edition for your eyes only. ;)

• Like 1

And thank you - for your feedback. :)

Oh, well, games kind of have things moving around, - but I'll make a special version for you. ... - I guess different on screen effects can have different effects on people. Sure it's only the stars that make you dizzy? Seriously though, what about all of the scrolling games? ;)

yes, i am sure that probably i have somepersonal head problem of course... i'm dizzy also with virtual reality for example, lot of other people not.
I haven't problems instead with scrilling games generally. I only had the same problem with SkyShark from Rasmus but not for the standard scrolling in the game but with the move of the sea waves in one of the earlier work in progress versions, now solved.

I really don't know why it happens to me, maybe i will do some medical exams :).

Hope this is better for you. A special edition for your eyes only. ;)

attachicon.gifrest.ciro.c.bin

Really appreciated :) this is the first time that someone personalyze a game dedicated just for me only :D :D
I does not exclude, however, that this modified version may also remain useful for someone that will have the same dizzy problem like me in future and i am sure he will appreciate it like me today ;)

with this new version i already exceeded my personal record without dizziness :)

post-24673-0-61533100-1514235993.jpg
Thanks Sometimes99er
  • Like 1

Hope it works out for you. :)

Well I've been sick the past few days so I've not dug out the Y adapter and Wico yet. I only play on Real Iron, so normally if a game does not work with joystick one, it does not get played.

Well I've been sick the past few days so I've not dug out the Y adapter and Wico yet. I only play on Real Iron, so normally if a game does not work with joystick one, it does not get played.

You can use the keyboard. S and D for moving the shuttle left and right. Q, Y or Space to fire. :)

• Like 1

post-24673-0-61533100-1514235993.jpg

That's a very nice score. Now try and get past level 9, and you're done. After that you can try and better your score. Unlike Astro-Panic (C64) you get higher scores for hitting aliens that are high up the screen. ;)

• Like 1

While playing the game for about half an hour, ...

And thank you. :)

However, I propose following: Please use more and/or different colors for the objects, especially for the aliens, because that is something what I am missing in your game.

Here's a version with colored aliens. ;)

• Like 6

@Sometimes99er: I really like this game, it is one of the few ones I play on my 99/4A when I offer me a relaxing moment. I would be happy if you decided to add some other/special levels, bosses at the end of some levels, music, ...
Pleeeease! :-)

• Like 1

I really like this game, it is one of the few ones I play on my 99/4A when I offer me a relaxing moment.

Thank you so much. :)

I would be happy if you decided to add some other/special levels, bosses at the end of some levels, music, ...

Pleeeease! :-)

I'll make a note of that. I will drop ideas into the RESTLESS III folder. ;)

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

ILikeTurtles was going to do a demo of this at the Faire, but there wasn't enough time to fit that in with all of the other demos that happened this year. . .

• Like 1