IGNORED

Looking for homebrew to demo at Replay Expo 2011 (UK)

GroovyBee

I'll be attending the Replay Expo 2011 (Blackpool, UK) on 5th/6th of November this year with my 7800, XM and CC2. If anybody wants to show off PAL versions of their 2600/7800 games let me know. If you want to keep WIPs a secret just PM me. I'll also need to know what bank-switching requirements the game needs (if any).

@Wickeycolumbus: Thanks I'll test it later.

@disjaukifa: I can do limited testing in order to check that the screen doesn't roll and the colours are OK but I'm not going to have the time to do much play testing unfortunately. I still have quite a bit of work to do on my own games.

@disjaukifa: I can do limited testing in order to check that the screen doesn't roll and the colours are OK but I'm not going to have the time to do much play testing unfortunately. I still have quite a bit of work to do on my own games.

Hey GroovyBee,

The game is finished, I just need you to test to make sure the game works on pal and the colors look ok, thats all the testing I need done! I can get you screen shots of the game and a description as well!

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Hey GroovyBee,

The game is finished, I just need you to test to make sure the game works on pal and the colors look ok, thats all the testing I need done! I can get you screen shots of the game and a description as well!

Thanks

Disjaukifa

You can easily make a PAL60 Version with bB, just compile a NTSC Version with PAL colors.

Hey GroovyBee,

Thanks

Disjaukifa

You can easily make a PAL60 Version with bB, just compile a NTSC Version with PAL colors.

Yeah that is what I was going to try tonight, but since I don't have any PAL equipment I still don't really know how to test it.

Well the ROMs of my 2 games are always available on my website and I do have PAL50 conversions included in the zip files. I'm not sure if you're only looking for WIP games, though - in that case then I guess I got nothin'. :) But if that's not the case, then feel free:

http://www.blarworld.net/software.html

P.S. PtP uses F6 bankswitching...

• Like 1

Well the ROMs of my 2 games are always available on my website and I do have PAL50 conversions included in the zip files. I'm not sure if you're only looking for WIP games, though - in that case then I guess I got nothin'.

Its a demo of of the 2600/7800 homebrew scene. Completed games and WIPs are both fine. However, in the case of the latter it mustn't crash.

The reason I didn't make a PAL50 version of Panky the Panda is because I didn't want to mess around with all of the fixed point math in the game. Mainly I'm not entirely sure it's possible to increase the values used right now without messing up the landscape collision detection.

I guess it would be fairly easy for me to whip up a prototype PAL50 version for the show that runs at 83% of the speed of the NTSC version if nothing else though...

Edit: Ok I'm an idiot. :) I just realized I already have PAL50 support in the source code - I just didn't include it in the final zip file because of the lack of speed correction...

Edited by Ben_Larson

There are less than 2 weeks to the show. If you want your game screenshots and back story to be on the printed and laminated sheet(s) I'll need them by Monday 31st of October. I'll need final PAL binaries by Wednesday the 2nd of November.

I suppose you can use the same screenshot and back story that I made for the minigame compo:

post-12776-0-05652400-1319920333_thumb.png

Your spaceship crashes on a far away planet and your food supply is scattered across the surface. You must collect all the food you can vefore an alien eats you. Collect the food as fast as possible, failure to do so will cost you points!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to demo any 2600 stuff :(. With getting the XM hardware, XM games and demos ready I had to go back to a previous version of the XM BIOS that prevented 2600 mode booting to regain CC2 booting. I had hoped to try and fix it on Saturday night but I was far too tired after a very long day. I'll be attending eJagFest in a couple of weeks so there is another chance to demo 2600 stuff.