IGNORED

Season #2 - Game #13 Atlantis

** AFTER A HIATUS -- The INTV BONUS WHISTLE IS GOING OFF AGAIN... WINNER GETS A CIB COPY OF ATLANTIS... GET THAT IMAGIC GOODNESS. I recently got the BurgerTime one from him (just around 30 days from shipping, and hoping to do an unboxing video of that soon, winner of the Lock 'n Chase game is welcome to discuss as well **

Atlantis, in all it's Imagic Goodness, comes to the INTV in a greatly improved version over it's VCS counterpart. (So it's time, yes for Why the INTV is better than the VCS, part 2!!!)

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, November 6th, 2011 at 10:30am Eastern time.

FINAL RESULTS - Prize deferred to 2nd place

ATLANTIS SCORING

cparsley 56,920

Akito01 56,800

ed1475 19,680

AlvinKarpis 12,300

INTVGuy97 2,980

roadrunner 1,350

JacobZu7 1,600

HSC Scoring (thru 12 games)

1) Cparsley 148pts

2) Goldenband 108pts

3) JacobZu 76pts

4) Crade 81pts

5) 1980gamer 60pts

6) INTVDude 47pts

7) cmart604 50pts

8 ) Akito 50pts

9) ghsqb 33pts

10) ed1475 29pts

11) Zylon 23pts

12) Roadrunner 17pts

13) gezkc 16pts

14) BydoEmpire 10pts

15) INTVGuy97 10pts

16) patbb 9pts

17) Atariron82 3pts

18) Austin 1pt

19) Tempest2k 1pt

20) revolution 1pt

21) centiqueen81 1pt

Edited by cparsley

post-26894-0-50006000-1319215663_thumb.jpg

medium difficulty

score =54,900

the game glitched out on me at this point (note the purple mass at the bottom of the screen endlessly sweeping to the right), freezing out any user input and effectively ending my game. I'd be curious to know if this is a kill-screen effect, or just poor luck.

I know this is not a strong showing, but I wanted to start getting some scores up, Im a pretty decent Atlantis player on the 2600, and I will become a decent player on the INTV version, just need to get some games under my belt

This is my second game, I played the game when I first got it, realized how amazing it was, then put it away to test my other 100 or so carts to make sure they work :grin:

I have been hooked on Tron Deadly Discs since I got my INTV, but Atlantis is a great game

I will post some better scores over the next couple days

0e53632316c887bf7d61d345c3c40e01edcee76d.JPG

post-26894-0-04297700-1319339214_thumb.jpg

medium difficulty

score = 56,800

This is kinda bumming me out now. Pretty much exactly the same glitch, only this time the day seemed to start normally, except that no enemies appeared. I took out the UFO, fired off a few rounds. A few seconds of that and it gltiched and spat out the same big purple E.

It can't just be bad luck if I had the same thing happen at the same point in the game (but if there is an official ending to the game, it can't be a kill-screen either, can it?).

edit: I looked at the entry on Wikipedia, and apparently this is a known game killing glitch that occurs in most copies of the game at the start of day 12. Mystery more or less solved, it seems.

Edited by Akito01

** AFTER A HIATUS -- The INTV BONUS WHISTLE IS GOING OFF AGAIN... WINNER GETS A CIB COPY OF ATLANTIS... GET THAT IMAGIC GOODNESS. I recently got the BurgerTime one from him (just around 30 days from shipping, and hoping to do an unboxing video of that soon, winner of the Lock 'n Chase game is welcome to discuss as well **

I believe the Lock 'n Chase game is on its way to me, but will let you know when it arrives - really looking forward to it. It's been a long while since I got a brand new sealed Intelli game! :-D

Score : 56,920

Game Ending : Day 12 (see note)

post-25689-0-89701700-1320551603_thumb.jpg

Day 12 started out normal, I got purple (but not as Akito did, it tried to creap out of the corners, the second that it did break the water line, I was able to shoot it and score. After 3 of them, the game inverted colors, but continued to play. This is from the afternoon session (dusk) and even recorded a little video from it)

After not being able to post it here, I'll put the video up on my site (hoping I got about 147MB of space available there, as never had this happen on Atlantis ever)

Damn it, can only do 10MB max on an upload there... Will try to figure something out to get it up...

Hi,

Who won? I´m confused. Please the winner pm his address.

I would venture to say that the game moderator is the ultimate arbiter of the results. On the other hand, as the donor of the prize in question, distribution of that prize would likely be at your judgement and discretion. As someone with a vested interest in the outcome, it would probably be improper of me to say any more.