IGNORED

8-bit Cartridge Label Project

Atari8bitCarts

I was just going to say I can't get Conan to load in atari800

Here are the rest of them, including Adept v3 with .car headers on them for emulator/multicart users.

Adept Archon II.car The Eidolon.car Goonies.car Spy vs spy.car Koronis Rift.car

Conan.car

Edited by Mr Robot
Added Conan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

That version works on Altirra, not in Atari800. That is the version I use when I burn my own homemade cartridges.

Anyway, here's a Switchable XEGS version that works on Atari800

Conan - Switchable XEGS2.rom

• Like 2

OK here is my go at the labels Nir posted earlier, still a couple to do but it's late so I'm stopping for the night. Again, larger version on my website. I think I may have to split the labels page into a few smaller pages, it's getting quite big.

Alley Cat.jpg

bluemax2001.jpg

cavernia.jpg

gauntlet.jpg

Ghost Chaser.jpg

Green Beret.jpg

hardhatmack.jpg

hover bovver.jpg

jetbootjack.jpg

mrrobot.jpg

spaceharrier.jpg

SWAT.jpg

Thrust.jpg

timepilot.jpg

Trailblazer.jpg

Zorro.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I recently received some "new old stock" labels/badges from Best Electronics and thought I would scan them and add them here.  They might help in future re/creations.   These were scanned on a flatbed scanner at 1200dpi, but they've been shrunk and compressed for attachment here in the forum.  I'll upload the originals to my Archive.org profile, though there really isn't much more detail to be gained from the source files.  (Yes, the paddle controller label really looks that bad when magnified...)

The CX20/driving label is not new - I peeled it off a controller I happen to have.  The 800 badge was also scanned on the flatbed, but I didn't remove it from the lid of the 800, so this is the best scan I could manage given the curved design of the lid.

Atari 400 Badge.jpg

Atari 800XL Badge.jpg

Paddle CX30 Label.jpg

Driving CX20 Label.jpg

Atari 800 Badge.jpg

Edited by jamm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MrFish said:

Nice job; they all look quite authentic.

Would it be possible to have a zip containing the whole collection available? It's a lot of clicking and saving to get them individually.

Why would you want them all!? They aren't going away, just grab one when you need it. I haven't finished them all yet so I'll be adding to them over time.

4 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Why would you want them all!? They aren't going away, just grab one when you need it.

Same reason why people (including myself) collect thousands of emulator game ROMs, and play less than 1% of them.

4 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

I haven't finished them all yet so I'll be adding to them over time.

Yeah, I can see you're actively working on them. I imagine it'll take you some amount of time to reproduce every label for every Atari cart -- if that's your goal...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrFish said:

Same reason why people (including myself) collect thousands of emulator game ROMs, and play less than 1% of them.

Well no then! It's not a collection if you don't collect it, a single download spoils all the fun ;) 

Seriously though if you're thinking of using the labels for some kind of art in a frontend I might be able to do something better than just the labels, I have illustrations of the carts as well so I can virtually put the labels on the carts, I thought that may be quite useful for somewhere like EmuMovies

Yeah, I can see you're actively working on them. I imagine it'll take you some amount of time to reproduce every label for every Atari cart -- if that's your goal...

That is the goal, starting with the major publishers first.

5 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Well no then! It's not a collection if you don't collect it, a single download spoils all the fun ;) 

Haha... OK, I don't want to spoil the fun. :-P

Seriously though if you're thinking of using the labels for some kind of art in a frontend I might be able to do something better than just the labels, I have illustrations of the carts as well so I can virtually put the labels on the carts, I thought that may be quite useful for somewhere like EmuMovies

I hadn't really thought of using them in a frontend. Not a bad idea, if combined with the box artwork somehow. Seriously, though, I have some frontends, but I tend to use them rarely; I just prefer raw emulators. I mainly was interested in having them to look at, and for future use if ever needed.

That is the goal, starting with the major publishers first.

I have quite a few carts of my own that I've taken hi-res pictures of. If you need something in particular, let me know (maybe you already have some requests in this thread; I haven't been following it too closely). 

Haha... OK, I don't want to spoil the fun. ?

I hadn't really thought of using them in a frontend. Not a bad idea, if combined with the box artwork somehow. Seriously, though, I have some frontends, but I tend to use them rarely; I just prefer raw emulators. I mainly was interested in having them to look at, and for future use if ever needed.

I have quite a few carts of my own that I've taken hi-res pictures of. If you need something in particular, let me know (maybe you already have some requests in this thread; I haven't been following it too closely). 

My sites not going away any time soon so they will be around for the foreseeable future. A lot of Hyperspin users (and bigbox I suppose) use images of the carts for other systems along with the boxart and movies to bring the frontend to life, a long term goal is to try and get something of a 'everything a casual emulation fan would want to play' collection of atari 8-bit stuff together with all the assets required so it can be dropped into those sorts of systems.

What I'm missing most is dimensions of the non-atari labels, I don't actually own any carts of my own, jsut a couple of multicarts and a few that came with my Atari when I got it off Sloopy. Also hard to get in high resolution is stuff that only appears on the cart, like the signatures on the FSS carts, stuff like that. Any cart where the label wraps around is usually missing the top edge image too.

I got a couple of peoples cart scan collections from them on Facebook and Nir Dary gave me his scan collection, there's quite a lot of rare in there but again, no idea of label sizes!

I'll always come here and ask if I'm looking for something in particular, my only outstanding request is the size of the FSS labels

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Mr. Robot

Sorry for the bump. I am currently having fun burning some eproms, putting them on a new pcb, and using old brown Atari BASIC cartridges to hold them.

So far I have been able to make this for the following games:

• Super Pac-Man
  • Blaster
  • Stargate

Can you please give me a hand with labels for these?
These games were programmed in 1984, and given that I already have brown cartridge cases, I'd like these labels to match the Star Raiders label style.

Thanks in advance,

Luis.

PS: I have no idea if a serial/model number was ever reserved for these...any ideas?

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, Mr Robot said:

The labels have moved to https://atari8bit.net/subject/labels/

Hi - Do you print and sell replacement labels?  If not, can you recommend the printer/process/paper(with peel-off sticky back) etc.  I have a couple carts with missing or very torn/damaged labels that could use a facelift.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, 8bitguy1 said:

Has anyone created an Xl or XE style label that just says “favourites” for the game title? Might be useful for multicarts. I know I’d use it.

Adding to this idea, it could have a little clear plastic sleeve on the front where you could slide in a list of what is currently on the multicart.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:53 PM, Mr Robot said:

OK here is my go at the labels Nir posted earlier, still a couple to do but it's late so I'm stopping for the night. Again, larger version on my website. I think I may have to split the labels page into a few smaller pages, it's getting quite big.

Zorro.jpg

Nice!  Anyone know if there is a XEGS hack for Zorro?