IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I was on Mackinac Island two weeks ago, and The Mustang no longer has Dr. Who :( Now they have Stern Star Wars. It's alright, but it's mostly just aiming at ramps/loops, and a handful of drop targets. My score was only around 42 million.

In other news, Zen Studios basically announces that they won't be releasing games like Jack-Bot, Whodunnit, or Elvira: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/zen_studios_under_fire_for_censorship_in_pinball_fx3_explains_it_was_to_keep_game_family-friendly

Also nice of them to take deep jabs at Farsight for having "family friendly" toggles in the dip switch settings. </sarcasm> I'm going to be pretty upset if this leads to the ESRB going after Farsight.

They can drop dead, that's not right at all. I get the why on it, but they need to do this right after stealing away that license. Kind of like consoles have, do a parental lockout. By default have edited tables, and then behind a switch and a password so actual grown adult babies and real kids can't see it, and mature individuals who don't get offended by a pinball machine art to enjoy it. Sheesh.

By the way, Jack-Bot? Wouldn't it be Bride of Pinbot with that erotic moaning and stuff? :)

• Like 2

I think the source article at Ars Technica is a little smarter than the Nintendolife recap. Perhaps Nintendolife is being dumbed-down for its target audience or something. :ponder:

I'm neither a prude nor a "guns, girls, gore" type of person, but this is just stupid. They should present them as unmolested historical pieces, or call them something else. They could even provide the user a downloadable version with the "naughty bits" intact.

I'm glad I got these from Farsight and might think twice before giving Zen any more money.

• Like 2

They can drop dead, that's not right at all. I get the why on it, but they need to do this right after stealing away that license. Kind of like consoles have, do a parental lockout. By default have edited tables, and then behind a switch and a password so actual grown adult babies and real kids can't see it, and mature individuals who don't get offended by a pinball machine art to enjoy it. Sheesh.

By the way, Jack-Bot? Wouldn't it be Bride of Pinbot with that erotic moaning and stuff? :)

No wonder I enjoy Bride of Pinbot so much! :grin:

These games are most likely being sold to adults, so that seems silly. On the other hand, I don't really intend on repurchasing games I already have thru Pinball Arcade, so whatever. I did grab the first three pack just for comparison's sake, and thought it was fine, but nothing that made me go "I must buy all of these tables again."

• Like 3

Zen was aware when it acquired the Williams and Bally collection that certain tables would have to be changed and that it was likely to happen again in the future - making reference to the Champion Pub table and how a simulated gambling game within it might have to be completely removed.

Almost the entire Jack-Bot table is gambling themed, so I don't see how they could release it without gutting it completely.

I was on Mackinac Island two weeks ago, and The Mustang no longer has Dr. Who :( Now they have Stern Star Wars. It's alright, but it's mostly just aiming at ramps/loops, and a handful of drop targets. My score was only around 42 million.In other news, Zen Studios basically announces that they won't be releasing games like Jack-Bot, Whodunnit, or Elvira: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/zen_studios_under_fire_for_censorship_in_pinball_fx3_explains_it_was_to_keep_game_family-friendlyAlso nice of them to take deep jabs at Farsight for having "family friendly" toggles in the dip switch settings. </sarcasm> I'm going to be pretty upset if this leads to the ESRB going after Farsight.

Slowly raises the one finger salute to Zen Studios... :mad: :mad: :mad:

slide_2.jpg

Seriously guys, this is a douchey move. Even Xenon (uncovered breasts) made it into Farsight unmolested. They did upgrade the rating to "teen" though at some point. Seriously, just put them in a separate app, call it "Zen Real Pinball" and assign it a teen rating.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I AM *NOT* COOL WITH CENSORSHIP WITH REGARDS TO PRESERVING HISTORY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 5

Sigh yeah, being big fat babies over gambling hadn't thought of that. Cowards. Hell Super Mario Bros 2 has a slot machine every every stage and I'm sure that corrupted millions of kids. TPA was doing a lot of wrong dumb things, but at least they kept the tables pure as possible. This new Zen deal is awful, just wrong in so many ways.

QxQl1zi.gif

• Like 1

Sigh yeah, being big fat babies over gambling hadn't thought of that. Cowards. Hell Super Mario Bros 2 has a slot machine every every stage and I'm sure that corrupted millions of kids. TPA was doing a lot of wrong dumb things, but at least they kept the tables pure as possible. This new Zen deal is awful, just wrong in so many ways.

QxQl1zi.gif

They DID make a Lando pinball table recently, at least. Lots of talk about capes. No breasts.

• Like 1

No breasts.

As an art aficionado, I can honestly say there is nothing obscene about female breasts. American puritanism can shove it.

Unrelated, but I recently uploaded pics to my deviantart account of some ceramic mermaids I sculpted from clay years ago. They are not wearing seashell bras or starfish... :love:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone play the ZEN versions of Fish Tales & Medieval Madness pinball tables?

They added enhanced modes they add more to the visuals!

Fish Tales has a fisherman casting his line around the table and moves about the table,

Medieval Madness has an animated dragon that breathes fire and flies around the table during multi-ball.

The castle, when you destroy it, has flames & smoke coming out!

Can't wait to see what they do to the other tables!

• Like 1

In TPA news, Whoa Nellie! and Big Buck Hunter were released for PS4 this week ($10 each or $15 for both)... but the patch that added the new tables causes severe audio glitches with most older TPA tables. Farsight is working on a fix. They also failed to add the discounted 2-pack bundle on the UK/EU PSN but that's supposed to be available next week.

Someone from Farsight also mentioned that they've received another Stern table to start working on, but no word of which table or how long until release. Farsight is releasing an updated 'Game Party' title for the Switch next, but hopefully they'll get back to pinball and at least a trickle of new tables in 2019.

Sound: Nope. Once they started to censor tables and get creative with the physics compared to what TPA did I erased it. Sadly digital pinball for the Williams license perhaps is just dead to me for as long as their deal exists unless I see something I feel I must have and tolerate it (like the indiana jones table TPA never bothered to do.)

I still need to download the Zen update. I won't cry foul before giving them a shot.

Sure glad I bought Xenon, Bride of Pinbot, Elvira Scared Stiff, and others on Android Pinball Arcade before they went extinct. We likely won't be seeing those on Zen anytime soon... :sad:

Would it have killed Zen to create a separate app for Williams / Bally tables and given it a Teen rating??? :roll:

• 1 month later...

They're expensive licenses, so I don't think $5 per table is too far out of line if you want to play those tables. Getting the Star Trek license for ST:TNG made it a single table pack that required a kickstarter in the early days of TPA. The AC/DC license was also going to require a kickstarter before they partnered with Stern. Of all the Stern tables, those 2 (and Ghostbusters) seem like they have a legit reason for being $5+ per table.

• Like 1

Anyone try the new "Whoa, Nelly!" table on TPA yet? I bought it ala cart for Android the other night since I had no desire to purchase pack 3 with Big Buck Hunter. Neither game has an IP license attached so not sure why they're $10 each instead of $5.

It's a new Stern table inspired by vintage mechanics like 2" flippers and manual score reels. It's also ripe with double entendres. Honestly hilareous and quite fun. Still teen rating, kind of Hee-Hawish humor with the "Big Juicy Melons" jokes.

I see this choice as kind of sticking it to Zen for needless censorship of tables. I want to say that jumping ship was a bad move on Williams' part. Zen can eat a bag for censoring tables. They'e done licenses based on mature IP (adult animated series) yet they won't budge on the e10 rating. Every legacy table released on TPA passed Teen rating anyway.

Of all the Stern tables, those 2 (and Ghostbusters) seem like they have a legit reason for being $5+ per table.

True. It just seems lame that for $10, I'm only getting two tables instead of six.

Or is it five? Frankenstein is usually free, isn't it?

I don't know, I'll try out the Star Trek table and see what I think. AC/DC is pretty decent, but most of the actual Stern branded tables don't really grab me for some reason.

Edited by Asaki

• 1 month later...

Since I'm not having any luck at the Digital Pinball Fans forum (One nitwit replied and one other replied to tell me that what's showing as purchased in my purchase history couldn't possibly be true), I thought I'd ask here where I should've in the first place.

I've fired up my Playstation 3 for the first time in months and thought I'd download Pinball Arcade now that I was under the impression I owned some tables on the PS3. Unlike the other five seasons that I bought digitally on the PS4 before the demise of the Bally/Williams license, my season 4 pass reduced the price of the PS3 and Vita tables for season 4 to free. So I proceeded back last spring to go through the act of adding all 10 tables to my purchase history via the Playstation.com storefront along with the Pinball Arcade demo (Basically all Pinball Arcade content for the PS3 that was showing as free for me).

So I thought all I had to do was download the Pinball Arcade demo and download all 10 season 4 tables. I did all that and downloaded a large patch, but nothing is showing up in "My Tables" and the demo is showing as a demo even though I have 10 tables I show as owning. Am I correct to assume that I'll need to buy the $10 starter pack on the PS3 if I'm to access these, or did I do something wrong?

Or was my naysayer perhaps right all along since he swore that Pinball Arcade on PS4 was never cross-buy? Perhaps some Playstation Store fluke just made it look like I was getting the PS3/Vita versions of season 4 at no extra cost? Odd that they're still in my purchase history all these months later though if it was a temporary mistake, and that I was able to download and install all 10 table packs last night.

But I also can't find a thing in Google about the PS4 season 4 pass having been cross-buy...

Edited by Atariboy