IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

Is every table from the Pinball Hall of Fame line out now?

Edit: Looks as if we still need Jive Time (1970) and Sorcerer (1985) for Williams and Ace High (1957) and Play-Boy (1932) for Gottlieb.

Thanks for the info. I'm always wondering about that and when all of them will get released.

Play-Boy is more of a pachinko table than pinball... there are no flippers. Not sure that it's even worth re-releasing. Ace High and Jive Time are pretty archaic too.

Farsight posted on their facebook page that there will only be one table per pack for Season 3 and the season pass will still be $29.99. Wonder if one of the tables will be Sorcerer?

I never had much interest in the PHoF re-releases but hopefully Season 3 will have better known tables than Season 2. Fish Tales is a nice start.

Edited by boog

Maybe they will release a few more packs in season 3? A lot of people buying the first two seasons were doing so mainly for the new content anyways.

So it wouldn't take a lot to bring up the value proposition enough to justify the same price. Reduce the price of individual packs a bit and release several packs more during the course of the season to justify the $30 season pass price staying the same.

I haven't had any flipper lag with the Steam version but there's a thread about it at pinballarcadefans.com:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/6365-If-you-re-experiencing-flipper-delay-in-TPA-PC-version-please-read-this

Awesome. I will change that value tonight. Hopefully this fixes the exact same flipper lag that I am having in Pinball FX 2 as well. :) The lag between the two games are identical, so I imagine it has everything to do with the v-sync.

I somehow completely forgot that in the Nvidia drivers I can tell it to force no v-sync. I'm sure that will fix it too.

EDIT: Come to think of it... every single v-sync enabled game I have ever played, has had this slight input delay. Even on FPS's with my mouse. I get to find out tonight if I can finally play CS Source with no lag, and v-sync on :D

Same with Far Cry 2 and UT 2004 :D

Edited by keilbaca

The fix worked. :) I also tried force disabling v-sync in the nvidia control panel. That, as expected, provided the best as far as flipper lag is concerned... but unfortunately the game is entirely too dependent on v-sync. The table literally looked torn in half horizontal with v-sync forced off. :/

At any rate, it went from not playable to very playable. Not perfect, but I don't want a table that looks like it has a time warp wrinkle halfway in it either.

If I can force the frames to 60FPS instead of 120FPS+ then the wrinkle should go away... I got some tinkering to play with. But all in all, both Pinball FX 2 and Pinball Arcade are very playable now.

Edited by keilbaca

Try forcing triple buffering along with adaptive vsync. Triple buffering helps with vsync lag.

I had no luck with the 'fix' posted above... it may or may not have reduced lag, but certainly made the game run much less smoothly. It'd always run great before.

Edited by Rex Dart

^^As much as I hate to say this, this is one reason why console gaming trumps PC gaming. Xbone and PS4 have essentially the same hardware architecture as a PC, but the operating system does not interfere with gaming performance. Sure it's there, but the OS only gets called up when it needs to be rather than remaining active all the time. As much as I loathe the DRM direction MS and Sony are leaning towards, PS4, Xbone, Wii-U and other consoles will always be a more streamlined experience than bungling around with endless PC settings. On game consoles, a game will run exactly as the developers intended, every time, and there's no rats nest of configuration options to squeeze the most performance out of the game unlike on most PC games.

Edited by stardust4ever

I just popped in after reading that but I see it has been covered. I wonder how many tables are included? I would hope that it's at least all of season 1.

I hope when perhaps they move on and leave behind the existing Pinball Arcade apps in a few years that they release something to retail again with everything that was released.

They're announcing a bunch of stuff on their facebook page over the next "12 days of Christmas". They've announced a Mac Steam version, officially announced the retail version of the PS4 TPA and officially announced the downloadable PS4 version will be out Tuesday in North America and Wednesday in Europe.

Looking forward to their upcoming announcements. I wonder if the long awaited return to Microsoft is going to be one of them?

Here's some perhaps more realistic things I'm hoping to see from Farsight over the next 12 months.

-Continuation of their Williams licensing deal.

-The Addams Family (I don't know just how great it is but like many, this is one of the most modern pinball tables I've actually played in real life so I want a digital edition).

-More Stern content (They're underrepresented so far).

-1-2 tables from before 1980 (And it would be nice if 1 of those was pre 1970 although I certainly can understand why they have to concentrate on modern tables).

-PS3 flipper lag (still seeing complaints about this).

-Leaderboard issues (particularly is lacking among friends and is still a common complaint that I see).

-Cancel or follow through with their Wii U plans.

Edited by Atariboy

Black Night 2000 (Williams, 1989), Junk Yard (Williams, 1996), and WHO Dunnit (Bally, 1995) have been announced for winter PA releases.

After season 2 ended with three packs in a row of Gottlieb tables, hopefully Fish Tales and these upcoming tables indicate that they've reached an agreement with the Williams IP holders.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

Black Night 2000 (Williams, 1989), Junk Yard (Williams, 1996), and WHO Dunnit (Bally, 1995) have been announced for winter PA releases.

After season 2 ended with three packs in a row of Gottlieb tables, hopefully Fish Tales and these upcoming tables indicate that they've reached an agreement with the Williams IP holders.

BEAT THE BLACK KNIGHT! HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm seriously like a little kid right now. That's my favorite table. :D

One I'd love to see would be Baby Pac-Man. Would love to see a Kickstarter for that one since I'm sure it would be a difficult development process and they'd have to pay Namco for the rights if they'd even be willing to consider it.

As I understand it, it's not a great pinball game nor a great videogame. But the combination of the two and the franchise it's a part of make it attractive from the classic gamer viewpoint.

Edited by Atariboy

BEAT THE BLACK KNIGHT! HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm seriously like a little kid right now. That's my favorite table. :D

There's a Black Knight at my local laundermat however the flippers are so weak I can't get the ball halfway up the table much less hit any targets or even tough the bottom of the ramps. There was a second pinball table with the flipper permanently stuck in the up position; I forget which. I didn't even bother wasting a quarter on that one. What a let down. Why do these people think they can take your money with pinballs in broken/unacceptable condition? It's like tables go to bars and laundermats to die rather than to live. And the few people who put a quarter in one will get a bad experience and forgo pinball altogether. The few tables I've seen that were in fair condition had a couple broken targets, burned out display, or otherwise worn elements, but were overall a blast to play. I'm kicking myself because these machines were everywhere when I was a kid but my mom and dad brought me up frugal so I never got a Nintendo, never spend my 50 cents/week allowance money at the arcades; I just stared and watched others play and dreamed about the games when I slept at night... :sleep:

Arcades nowadays are filled with gimmicky ticket dispensers and no real games mostly. I really just want to relive my lost childhood, and half the time I find pinball in the wild, it's broken or otherwise barely playable. And while it's still a great game in 2013, there's only so much Ms Pacman/Galaga I can take. I've downloaded every table Farsight has released thus far, but it's not quite the same. I played a Roller Coaster Tycoon at a truck stop that has a faded DMD but otherwise works great. You don't get the same kinetic feedback from the flippers and actuators, or the warm glow emitted by the lights like a real machine. Something truly magical about just being there and you against the machine...

Hell yes! BK2K is possibly my favorite table of all time. If they could just add Swords of Fury in season 3...

• Like 1