IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

WHO Dunnit? will be a fun one to play. Not sure if I can say the same for Black Knight 2000 though. It'll be dependent on if you can backhand the up-kicker shot from the right flipper easily. If you can, you can count on having endless games on it. We'll see.

But, on that note..

"GIMME YOUR MONEY!"

I love SoF. I played a real one several years ago and really liked the non-fan layout & oddball shots.

Swords of Fury is great. Although in competitive play, it's a two shot game. Still, lots of different things to shoot at. It's a very unique layout. Cool music, too. I'd definitely like to see it on TPA.

Stardust4ever's experience mirrors mine with laundromats except for a Cruis'n USA machine at a local one. I'd play every time I wanted to wash something that I didn't want to do in my own washing machine (Which pet owners around here might understand) and it was perfect.

Two that stick out are a Raiden DX machine with a Raiden Fighters marque and a CRT monitor that was so dim and fuzzy that the game was simply no fun at all. I think I just walked away with a life or two that time since I just wasn't having fun. It replaced the Cruis'n USA machine and the last I knew, it's still there in the same condition after at least a couple of years.

And pinball related, I had the same issue with one of the tables in their Williams collection that's on Pinball Arcade now. I think it was Medieval Madness. I couldn't even get the ball halfway up the table after excitingly inserting some quarters in the first pinball machine I had seen in years. :(

At least I can play it on Pinball Arcade.

Edited by Atariboy

Apparently the PS4 release is accidentally using their lower quality mobile sound library assets.

The sound is actually an issue we were aware of. No idea how it made it into the retail version as our testing never had the issue, but somehow it seems that it's pulling from mobile sound files instead of the sound files that the PS4 version should be using. We're working on getting a fix out as soon as possible.

Controller rumble and flipper remapping will also be coming.

Does this tap into the motion functionality of the DS4 for bumping?

Here's some perhaps more realistic things I'm hoping to see from Farsight over the next 12 months.

Add more Gottlieb tables to that list. I didn't realize that through the first two seasons, only three have been added that weren't previously on their Pinball Hall of Fame line.

Edited by Atariboy

Wow, Farsight's quality control is completely rubbish. How do you let a glitch as big as that slip through to a retail/disc release of a game? Sheesh.

Guys, it's not even out yet as far as I know. If it's already been sent to the factory, well, looks like another "day one update" is in order, again...

Guys, it's not even out yet as far as I know. If it's already been sent to the factory, well, looks like another "day one update" is in order, again...

The retail release of this was available almost as soon as it was announced. People seemed to be picking it up within a day or so.

Which tables does the "retail" version include, not counting DLC?

It includes all of season 1 (Everything that has been made available digitally on the PS4 so far... season 2 remains to be added and other platforms have started on season 3). Season 1 is composed of the following tables. And for those titles listed in bold, the Pro Menu upgrade should be included on disc.

-Attack from Mars (Bally, 1995)

-Big Shot (Gottlieb. 1973)

-Black Hole (Gottlieb, 1981)

-Black Knight (Williams, 1980)

-Cirqus Voltaire (Bally, 1997)

-Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992)

-Elvira & the Party Monsters (Bally, 1989)

-FunHouse (Williams, 1990)

-Genie (Gottlieb, 1979)

-Gorgar (Williams, 1979)

-Harley Davidson, 3rd Edition (Sega, 1999; Rereleased Stern, 2004)

-Medieval Madness (Williams, 1997)

-Monster Bash (Williams, 1998)

-No Good Gophers (Williams, 1997)

-Ripley's Believe It or Not (Stern, 2004)

-Scared Stiff (Bally, 1996)

-Star Trek: The Next Generation (Williams, 1993)

-Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996)

-Taxi (Williams, 1996)

-The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot (Williams, 1991)

-Theatre of Magic (Bally, 1995)

-Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

Edited by Atariboy

Cool. There's a lot of good stuff to be had in Season 1. If I had to pick between Season 1 and Season 2, I'd probably go for Season 1, although I'd miss out on a lot of cool Gottlieb tables from late in Season 2, especially Haunted House. Either way it's definitely a better value than the outdated Williams/Gottlieb PHOF collections, assuming it retails for $60 or less.

I don't own a PS4, so as long as the Wii-U version of TPA remains in limbo, I'll keep nibbling away buying table packs on my Ouya. I've finally got the opportunity to save some dough and buy season pass 3 when fish tails comes out (yeah I know the day one Ouya update for TPA had Season packs 1 & 2 available for purchase, I got my Ouya early and had already purchased all the tables available prior to the update, forcing me to nickle and dime my way through the rest of Season pack 2 two tables at a time).

Edited by stardust4ever

That stinks since the publisher's press release leads you to think otherwise. But apparently like you said, that isn't the case after all.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/6844-No-Pro-modes-in-the-retail-disc-version!

NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Alliance Distributors Holding Inc. (Pink Sheets:ADTR), a distributor, developer and publisher of interactive video games and gaming products, today announced that its Alliance Digital Media™ unit has released The Pinball Arcade, a video game developed by FarSight Studios for SCEA's new PlayStation®4. The Pinball Arcade may be the most accurate and realistic pinball videogame ever created. The game features pinball tables from Bally®, Williams®, Stern®, Sega®, Data East® and Gottlieb®, to create the ultimate pinball collection.

Key Features Include:

DLC – Table Packs, Pro Upgrades, Bundles and Ball Packs released regularly

ROM Emulation-100% accurate game play/graphics of real world machines

Leaderboards – Bragging rights over friends or all players world-wide for each table

Hall of Fame Score – Combined score of owned tables that ranks players

Pro Versions – Operator's Menu, Table Exploration, Ball Control, IFPA Pro Tips

Table Goals – Accomplishments tied to learning and mastering each table

Arcade Play – Single and multi-player games on any of the tables

Tournaments – Held on PSN in different ability tiers each month to give players a

world-wide tournament ranking.

Dynamic lighting cast from every light on the table

Real-time lighting, shadows, reflections of 100's of lights per table

Social Media integration

Motion and Touch controls

Stereoscopic 3D support

Edited by Atariboy

So these guys are making people re-buy and double dip on all the tables for the new consoles? I downloaded the PS4 version just now. No options to transfer tables or anything unlike the good people who make PinballFX\Zen.

wtf

edit: I just checked their Facebook and twitter feeds. Seems its true. I guess I'll only be playing this on one platform. No way in hell I'm double dipping with those prices.

Edited by cimerians

So these guys are making people re-buy and double dip on all the tables for the new consoles? I downloaded the PS4 version just now. No options to transfer tables or anything unlike the good people who make PinballFX\Zen.

wtf

edit: I just checked their Facebook and twitter feeds. Seems its true. I guess I'll only be playing this on one platform. No way in hell I'm double dipping with those prices.

Yeah, it's really annoying. The sad part is, their newest versions don't look that much better than what's already available on the PS3/360, and the gameplay/physics are identical.

I invested in Seasons 1 and 2 on my Android phone. If I invest in Season pack 3, it will probably be on the same device as to have all of my tables together. But, as time moves on, the less I am inclined to want to give these guys my money, so I may very well not pick up Season 3. We'll see.

Yeah, it's really annoying. The sad part is, their newest versions don't look that much better than what's already available on the PS3/360, and the gameplay/physics are identical.

I invested in Seasons 1 and 2 on my Android phone. If I invest in Season pack 3, it will probably be on the same device as to have all of my tables together. But, as time moves on, the less I am inclined to want to give these guys my money, so I may very well not pick up Season 3. We'll see.

Ok I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I have it on my android tablet as well (Tab2) but only a few tables. Most of mine are on the PS3 and I also have a couple of kickstarter tables that got unlocked for my PC (Steam version).

I guess I'll be sticking with the PS3 version for now.

Edit: Whoa..just got a message from them after I questioned this on their twitter page. They said you can get the season 1 stuff for half off on PS4 if you own the PS3 season 1. meh....... :|

Edited by cimerians

Half off? That's still twenty bucks if you want the Pro versions of the tables. Meh.

I'd love to see Zen try their hand at recreating real tables. Their engine is very solid, and supposedly highly customizable. With some tweaks, their games would very likely feel far more like the real deal than what FarSight has been able to accomplish (one of my bigger complaints with FarSight, actually--how little their physics engine has actually evolved since their Wii/360/PS3 Pinball Hall of Fame packs, it feels sloppy).

• Like 1

Half off? That's still twenty bucks if you want the Pro versions of the tables. Meh.

I'd love to see Zen try their hand at recreating real tables. Their engine is very solid, and supposedly highly customizable. With some tweaks, their games would very likely feel far more like the real deal than what FarSight has been able to accomplish (one of my bigger complaints with FarSight, actually--how little their physics engine has actually evolved since their Wii/360/PS3 Pinball Hall of Fame packs, it feels sloppy).

Totally agree.

It's not sloppy. Those guys worked really hard to create a fantastic product, and quite frankly, the emulated tables play a lot better than many of the newer "made up" virtual pinball sims. You guys are spoiled if you think you're entitled to getting the upgrades for free. So far I'm happy just playing all the non-Marvel Zen Pinball tables on Wii-U, and Pinball arcade on Ouya.

I still have to double dip on buying Virtual Console games in between Wii-U and 3DS despite having linked eShops; technically it's triple-dipping if you count the fact I bought the original games on cartridge format as well. At least I'm lucky I get discounts for upgrading transfered Wii VC titles. Sucks, but that is life. If you want a "free lunch" build a Linux box and install a bunch of emulators, but you'll still be paying for the hardware and an Internet connection.

Edited by stardust4ever

It's not sloppy. Those guys worked really hard to create a fantastic product, and quite frankly, the emulated tables play a lot better than many of the newer "made up" virtual pinball sims. You guys are spoiled if you think you're entitled to getting the upgrades for free. So far I'm happy just playing all the non-Marvel Zen Pinball tables on Wii-U, and Pinball arcade on Ouya.

Excuse me? Your saying I'm spoiled? Your also saying these guys work hard or hardly working?

Excuse me? Your saying I'm spoiled? Your also saying these guys work hard or hardly working?

You guys are spoiled if you think you're entitled to getting the upgrades for free.

Quit taking my quotes out of context. I meant that people should not expect to download content for free, and they are spoiled to think otherwise. Did anyone really expect it to be free? I'm sure the new lighting engine took lots of work to achieve. Be greatful they are offering PS4 Fanbois a 50% discount.

In other news, the Season 3 update is live on Ouya and mobile platforms. I just bought the Season 3 pass and had fun playing Fish Tales this morning on my Ouya. Good luck downloading that on your fancy PS4; oh hold on a sec, looks like you'll have to wait until it arrives sometime TBD in 2014! :evil:

Edited by stardust4ever

No I'm definitely spoiled which means I have some form of a brain....some folks quad-dipped for these guys as they un-shamefully admit on Facebook all the while thanking Farsight for scamming their asses off.

Some people have more money than sense.

$209.94 for the complete seasons of DLC is peanuts for some people right? Sure seems that way, good luck to them in their lives.

• Like 1

It's not sloppy. Those guys worked really hard to create a fantastic product, and quite frankly, the emulated tables play a lot better than many of the newer "made up" virtual pinball sims.

It is very sloppy, and their tables are ridden with bugs (balls flying through ramps or off the table through the glass), glitches (score bugs if you roll a game, or tournament scores not updating properly), and unrealistic physics (as Rex Dart has put it in the past, "Rocket Flippers!"). For a company that has been working at this for nearly a decade, and regurgitating the same tables a good portion of the time, the improvement found in their engine over the years is negligible at best (although I will admit, the jump from their Gottlieb to the Williams collections saw a nice improvement; the modern jump from the Wiliams pack to Pinball Arcade was more so a visual one than anything, the same old physics nuances still applied). Unless you have little experience with their prior games, you can't honestly look me straight in the face and say it's *not* sloppy. That's not even taking into account the way they have been handling all of their mishaps leading up to this point in time, heh.

You guys are spoiled if you think you're entitled to getting the upgrades for free. So far I'm happy just playing all the non-Marvel Zen Pinball tables on Wii-U, and Pinball arcade on Ouya.

If one company allows upgrades for free, and another company doesn't, how does that make us spoiled? Oh wait, it doesn't--it just makes sense.

• Like 3