IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

iOS users would b!tch about it incessantly.

If I were Farsight, I would tell the iOS users, "tough shit". It's not Farsight's fault for Apple's policies being the way they are. With the way they are handling it though, it seems they figured the better way to go would be to make everyone pay the price for Apple's policy. Yet another example of how ass-backwards this company thinks.

• Like 2

If they really want to be 'fair' about it, they should at least offer the season 3 pass on PSN until they get to table pack 23. PC/mobile users have had a few months to pay in advance for a blind-ish buy of the whole season... we should get the same offer.

Edited by boog
  • Like 1

@HammR25: Word on the 360 version. While we are on our soapboxes, if Farsight truly wanted everyone to get the same experience, they would cancel development on the advanced rendering engine for PS4 and as well the virtual pinball cabinet dual screen support for PC owners craving a more realistic arcade like experience.

Has anyone else's White Water stopped working on PS3? My cats hit the power bar my PS3 is on all my other tables play just fine except White Water now crashes and I'm not sure if it's cuz of the power bar issue or if the game is somehow broken.

Should I re-download the Game Pack as a fix or will that make things worse?

Has anyone else's White Water stopped working on PS3? My cats hit the power bar my PS3 is on all my other tables play just fine except White Water now crashes and I'm not sure if it's cuz of the power bar issue or if the game is somehow broken.

Should I re-download the Game Pack as a fix or will that make things worse?

Farsight broke it with the latest patch to fix other problems. They are aware of the issue and will fix it in a future patch. it seems that switching to 720p makes the table playable again. Every PS3 user has the same problem. You can apologize to the cats now.

Edited by neotokeo2001
  • Like 1

Farsight broke it with the latest patch to fix other problems. They are aware of the issue and will fix it in a future patch. it seems that switching to 720p makes the table playable again. Every PS3 user has the same problem. You can apologize to the cats now.

Well that's a relief, nothing I nor my cats did wrong. Thanks for the info neotokeo2001

BEAT THE BLACK KNIGHT!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

My favorite table of all time is now available. Plays amazingly well in Steam. icon_smile.gif

Mine too! Designed by & starring mother-****in' Shao Kahn himself, how great is that?

Now that it's out, I need to get around to replacing my dying hard drive so I can run Windows & Steam again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PS3/Vita were supposed to get Fish Tales in early March and Black Rose in late March. Both are now delayed until April 1st (ha!) and will be released along with the super patch. They've had some bugs while trying to add new features to the super patch and it will be scaled back compared to other platforms. (no challenge mode?)

Farsight has refused to comment on any request for a day one Season 3 pass for PSN. So... delayed releases, delayed bug fixes, no more trophies, and they're expecting PSN players to pay $50 for 10 b-list tables. Fewer tables and higher price than their old retail games. Pinball Arcade has become a mobile/PC app and consoles are an afterthought market for Farsight cash grabs whenever they get around to it...

Season 3 has decent tables so far, but definitely b-list compared to season 1 or the Williams HoF re-releases. None of the season 3 tables even rank in the ipdb top 30. It'll be interesting to see how long Farsight can milk the hardcore fanbase with single tables @ $5 each.

Season 3 has decent tables so far, but definitely b-list compared to season 1 or the Williams HoF re-releases. None of the season 3 tables even rank in the ipdb top 30. It'll be interesting to see how long Farsight can milk the hardcore fanbase with single tables @ $5 each.

So, black Rose and Black Knight 2000 are B-List tables? They're awesome fun as far as I'm concerned...

So, black Rose and Black Knight 2000 are B-List tables? They're awesome fun as far as I'm concerned...

Awesome, yes, but they're not in the top 10. Games like Twilight Zone and Addams Family top that list, for good reason. BK2000, while a fun game, is basically a one shot game. Get it up the left ramp, do skyloops, get multiballs.

Start double knight's challenge, shoot up the ramp, light WAR for a mil.

Edited by keilbaca

Farsight has commented that they consider the ipdb and pinside ratings when choosing future tables. If you ignore the licensed tables, they've already offered most of the top 30 from each list. Once they reach season 4 all platforms will be paying $5 per table on day one and they'll be offering tables that are even further down the lists...

http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=top300

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

Edited by boog

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the PSN megapatch will be released on Tuesday, along with Fish Tales and Black Rose. Their facebook page confirmed that there will be no PSN season 3 pass on day one, so $5 per table until the season ends sometime in 2015.

It also looks like the megapatch will require a re-download/re-install of every previous table pack. The code changes will be spread across the DLC as well as the main game. Given their track record, this should be interesting. Just remember that 'o' will opt out of the update request when launching the game... let others be the test dummies.

Any PS3 owners download the patch yet? Any issues? And do you really need to re-download all the tables again? If so, am I going to need to clear up some space for the re-downloads or is it smart enough to delete the old and replace with the new versions of the same tables?

Only issues I've read so far mention that on VITA Centaur looks better but the ball is slower now.

I haven't done the update yet but you do need to re-download every table pack. It seems like the only real issue so far is that DLC pack # 20 - Cue Ball Wizard / El Dorado doesn't update properly and needs to be re-downloaded every time you choose one of those tables. Looks like they did a decent job with the patch! Many comments about major graphics improvements on the fuzzy looking tables.

So I did the big update on PS3 last night.

I redownloaded allllllll the tables off PSN and left them in their "bubbles" on my cross media bar. Then I ran Pinball Arcade and let it download the 500 meg patch. Once done I checked the included tables like TOTAN and Black Hole and I was impressed.

Then I quit Pinball Arcade and installed the tables from their "bubbles"

I like the improvements. I've been reading how some folks don't like how Centaur is too dark now and Theater of Magic is too bright but I don't think they are terribly changed in a bad way. And some tables are much much better looking like Harley Davidson and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Wow do those tables shine now!

Interestingly the ball physics seem to have been modified slightly. I don't notice any slow downs like some folks have stated, the games still feel the same, but occasionally I am getting the ball to go places it never did before, like for example the Sneaky Ball Lock in Cirqus Voltaire. I have played the heck out of that table for years and never had that happen.

Unfortunately some bugs remain. Bride of Pinbot still stops playing end music if her face has to return to first position and Twilight Zone still does that weird thing where if you start a new game too soon it thinks you want a multiplayer game and pops up the menu, but other than that this patch seemed worth all the headache.

I just hope FarSight doesn't need me to do this ever again cuz it's a pain.

I did the update yesterday too. I just went through the 'my tables' list and tried to launch each one. The game would switch to a PSN store item box for that pack then download/install the updated table pack without leaving the game.

Haven't played much yet but I'm glad that White Water is finally working again without having to switch the system to 720p.

Edited by boog

The super duper mega patch didn't fix my flipper lag. Glad I dumped the PS3 version for the Steam version for numerous reasons.

I'm seriously thinking of downloading the Pinball Arcade for the PS3. Is the flipper lag fairly common? I really have enjoyed Farsights pinball games on the Wii, is it worth the $10 to update and get the arcade on the PS3?

I know that there are only 4 tables initially. I figure if I really enjoy them, I will buy the $30 season passes in given time.