IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

They've talked it up since announcing it including claiming once that it was in Nintendo's approvals process and was due to release around last September and then months later, claiming it in fact never was and that it was actually still under development.

Even if it happens, for anyone that wants everything they release in one place, I'm not sure the Wii U is the platform of choice. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see it be pushed aside after only a season or two of releases let alone ever be caught up and consistently receiving each new table in a timely fashion.

Their heart doesn't seem to be in it where the Wii U is concerned and there's not much happening on Nintendo's end that would increase its importance. Unless PA strikes a chord with this audience and sells way out of proportion to Nintendo's market share, it's probably always going to be a low priority for them.

Edited by Atariboy

Well, its been a week and I have really enjoyed my purchase of the Pinball Arcade for the PS3. I already got myself another entertainment card to buy the season one pass later this evening. That should hold me over for a while trying to crack the weekly top 100.

I would have never figured the PA would be so popular. I found it quite encouraging to see a pretty active community with some truly amazing high score being submitted.

Pinball Arcade has gotten me obsessed with Pinball. True I've always been a fan of video game Pinball sims, but dog-gonnit Pinball arcade really highlights the awesomeness of the Golden age of Pinball. If it wasn't for a complete lack of space and money, I'd find a way to procure a table. Maybe one of those shiny new Mideval Madness machines would look really nice someday once I get my own place with a game room. Or High Speed. Or Bride of Pinbot. Or Stern's new AC/DC...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even Zen Pinball fans got shafted when the promised DLC packs for Star Wars Pinball never came. I have funds in my eShop account ready to spend but nobody even cares... :sad:

I recommend checking Star Wars Pinball again. It came late, but the Balance of the Force DLC pack is out now for Wii U (and has been out since March 13th). However, the next Star Wars pack, Heroes Within, with 4 tables was just announced without mention of Wii U and still no date for Dr. Strange.

Edited by BrianC

I recommend checking Star Wars Pinball again. It came late, but the Balance of the Force DLC pack is out now for Wii U (and has been out since March 13th). However, the next Star Wars pack, Heroes Within, with 4 tables was just announced without mention of Wii U and still no date for Dr. Strange.

Thanks for the update; I haven't checked the DLC in a while. Enjoying NES Remix 2 however... ;)

• 1 month later...

Its now a few months later, but I've really enjoyed the first season of Pinball Arcade on PS3. For fathers day my kids got me a few Playstation Store cards, so I'm currently downloading season two. I'm a touch concerned that there have only been 2 tables released for the PS3 for the third season, but the tables I'm downloading now should hold me off for a good while. Hopefully by Christmas I can pick up season 3.

I bet the PS4 is holding them up as they upgrade tables for it. I doubt they will ever release a new table again without it appearing simultaneously on both the PS3 and the PS4.

I wonder when they plan to get season 2 out on the PS4. I'd love to see another retail compilation.

Edited by Atariboy

I bought the season 3 pass day one back in December on Ouya and am loving it so far. Even though there's been less tables with one per pack, none of them have been duds. And we can all admit there were several dud table packs midseason in Season 2, though the beginning and end were pretty solid.

I still wish they'd release them on Wii-U. I would be willing to double dip as I could really use the off-TV play feature. Farsight have had the Wii-U icon on their site since before the system launched and nothing so far.

Edited by stardust4ever

PS3 is currently five table packs behind mobile/PC. On their facebook page, Farsight mentioned that they've submitted four of the Season 3 table packs to Sony for approval. They might be released this week.... if all four are released at once then PSN will catch up pretty quickly.

For me, I won't even consider Season 3 until there's a $30 season pass. I'm really not impressed with the Season 3 table list so far anyway so no urgency to play them. And, I still have to finish the wizard goal trophies for eight of the S1/S2 tables... 3 million on Genie?!?

• Like 1

For me, I won't even consider Season 3 until there's a $30 season pass.

I'm with you on this one. Getting all the packs in one convenient package is nice.

I hardly knew any of the games on table pack two other than the ones on previous Pinball Arcade releases. I played about half of season two last night and so far its pretty good.

I wonder when they plan to get season 2 out on the PS4. I'd love to see another retail compilation.

Microsoft would only left Farsight publish The Pinball Arcade on the Xbone if Season 2 was exclusive for 30 days. This means Season 2 will be out on the PS4 30 days after it's released on the Xbone. Farsight was hoping to release the Xbone version of TPA this month so that probably means October for it and then November for the PS4 version. Strike one up for Microsoft's parity clause.

FarSight is well known for blatantly lying about release dates and then they blame everyone else except for themselves. It is always Sony's fault or Microsoft found a bug (which also delays other platforms not affected). Apple won't let them sell season packs in advance, So they cancel it for non-Apple platforms also???

And then this:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/8277-Farewell-my-friends

That link is a farewell message from one of the few programers. So now they have 3(??) programmers working on three times as many platforms? I don't think the WiiU version will happen.

• Like 1

I think it has been clear for a long time now that the Wii U version wasn't happening.

Microsoft would only left Farsight publish The Pinball Arcade on the Xbone if Season 2 was exclusive for 30 days. This means Season 2 will be out on the PS4 30 days after it's released on the Xbone. Farsight was hoping to release the Xbone version of TPA this month so that probably means October for it and then November for the PS4 version. Strike one up for Microsoft's parity clause.

Yeah, that stinks.

Hopefully they make it up for PS4 owners with another compilation disc.

Edited by Atariboy

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Farsight has come to terms with all of the license holders for The Addams Family so now they'll be able to go to Kickstarter and get fanboys to give them money.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/content.php/412-FarSight-Looking-To-Bring-A-Creepy-Kooky-Mysterious-And-Spooky-And-Altogether-Ooky-Table-To-The-Pinball-Arcade!!!

I'll give them as much for this Kickstarter as I did the last 3 combined. This means I'll give them nothing. I only used the fanboy term because personally I think they've got the worst "rewards" per dollar amount given by pledgers for any kickstarter I've ever seen.

• Like 1

This kickstarter will be a test for their 'new' audience on mobile and PC... I can't see many console owners buying into this after Farsight has found ways to disrespect/screw over their customers on every gaming console.

Why do they still need a kickstarter anyway?? Haven't they made enough money by now to actually risk a little and pay the license fees on their own?

• Like 1

I plan on supporting this kickstarter anyway. I was a "bronze" backer on the T2 table (StarDust4Ever in the long-assed credits list - why didn't they do multiple columbs to speed it up or at least allow fast forward and rewind), and IMO, Addams Family will be far better if it holds up to the hype. Still glad I picked Ouya instead of Wii-U since Wii-U got nothing so far...

This kickstarter will be a test for their 'new' audience on mobile and PC... I can't see many console owners buying into this after Farsight has found ways to disrespect/screw over their customers on every gaming console.

Why do they still need a kickstarter anyway?? Haven't they made enough money by now to actually risk a little and pay the license fees on their own?

I'd guess they really are struggling for money or they wouldn't be having so many problems with Sony and Microsoft because they'd be paying to get their patches released faster.

After backing the first two Kickstarter campaigns, I won't be backing this one. Sorry, FarSight. Still, it's good to see that TAF is finally happening. It's one of the best tables out there, IMO. Played a ton of it (and coincidentally, TZ) a lot this weekend at a tournament.

HMMMMMMMM! I just fired up Pinball Arcade on my PS3 and there was a 500 meg patch to download. Looks like new tables are incoming!

Unfortunately when I finally got into the game there were no new tables nor Season 3 available. I went to the PSN store and even rebooted my console, still nothing. But I'm willing to bet new ones will be available to buy on tomorrow's PSN updates. Keeping my fingers crossed for Black Knight 2000.

What I find odd was I thought the big April 5th patch (dear God has it been three months already???) would have fixed the way this game delivers DLC. Why are we still patching for new tables? Ugh. Whatever. Anyway, all you PS3 folks (and I assume PS4?) keep an eye on the store tomorrow, there might be some new tables ...... finally!

Compared to what I see on the iPad, why such a looooong delay on Season 3 tables for PS3? And then I read the "newer" tables won't be released on PS4 until the 22nd. Strange scheduling or release system they've got going on. At least the tables are still trickling out.